Work in progress ...

Forum-related topics
Utisz

Work in progress ...

Post by Utisz » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:26 am

Well maybe Ptah will flip the switch back on, or maybe something better will come along, but just in case, here we are.

As you can see this is a work in progress. Feel free to post suggestions. There's probably a lot to do.

Any suggestions for a name?

Mx7xM

Re: Work in progress ...

Post by Mx7xM » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:12 am

The digital orphans. :P

Blorg

Post by Blorg » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:39 am

^I like that one

Sinny

Post by Sinny » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:13 pm

I really liked the last forum.
Whatever happens, my eye balls need a dark skin.

roki

Post by roki » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:29 pm

Mx7xM wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:12 am
The digital orphans. :P
Who are you?

Sinny

Post by Sinny » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:32 pm

I don't know what name to suggest. Do we know what sort of forum we want? I think we are all mostly past discussing MBTI, but I'd also like to attract NTs.

I think the infamous "Little" threads deserve their own subsection.

I think Mxx should be roped into organisation.

Sinny

Post by Sinny » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:34 pm

"Complex Convergence"

Blorg

Post by Blorg » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:52 pm

Sinny wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:32 pm
I don't know what name to suggest. Do we know what sort of forum we want? I think we are all mostly past discussing MBTI, but I'd also like to attract NTs.
What do NTs call themselves now that mbti is out of style?

I really like the name Quora because it comes from "inquiring" and probably appeals to the same type of people. If someone could do some wordplay with NT adjectives (where's Heph) that could lead to a good name.
I think Mxx should be roped into organisation.

In the sense of her previous role as thread-maker mod I agree but no offense to Mx7xm (I genuinely admire/appreciate many of your posts from afar) - we don't trust each other at all and personally I'd feel nervous with you/her as a mod with full punitive/editing powers because she has strong expectations about who should and shouldn't be included in the community. I'd be like the roki to her Ptah. I think we need more indiscriminately friendly mods to start this thing off and the culling/editing roles will come later
Last edited by Blorg on Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

puerile_polyp

Post by puerile_polyp » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:08 pm

Thanks Utisz. I'm not too concerned about the name, and this looks like a forum so that's great. I'm gonna reiterate what I said on reddit:
"I think this time it's important that it not be entirely in the hands of a single administrator with final say over everything. I'd like to see a commitment to something like the community deciding on its own rules. And a plan for a stable handover, rather than expecting the same administration to last forever."

I'd like to see more than one trusted admin holding the keys to the shop, and a plan for transferring keys when it becomes clear that an admin isn't up to the job anymore.

I would also like to see a clear set of rules for behavior that the community can agree on. Modding should be an easy job if there is a good ruleset to follow. The rules should be clear about both what's allowed and also what the chain of responses will be for violations.

It would be nice if there is a part of the forum where the flaming and trolling we're used to seeing would be okay, and another part of the forum where people are expected to act like grown ups for more elevated discussion.

That's all I have for now.

Stigmata

Post by Stigmata » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:11 pm

Every Friday we should be able to wear more casual attire and the admins should provide lunch. Also, I want paid vacations and maternity leave.