Work in progress ...

A place for talking about this place
Sinny
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:11 pm
Reputation: 0

Re: Work in progress ...

Post by Sinny » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:56 pm

Utisz wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:06 pm
Utisz wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:15 pm
What Ptah did was really shitty. I invested a fuckton into content on that site, like a lot of us did. While he held the keys to the fish tank, it's the fish that add value (and shit I suppose, but that's part of the deal of operating a fish tank; I may have tortured this fish tank metaphor a bit too much).
^This of course was assuming that he had actually pulled the plug, but Ptah has said that the site was attacked and he took the server offline as a defensive measure.



Regarding INTPcomplex getting back up, I have mixed feelings about that. It's great to see the content back (except of course the fucking supermarket fantasies that I now have to interpret again) and to see familiar names posting once more. But it has also been fun to think about trying something new here, and about what features might work or not work, how to structure the forums, how to apply moderation, etc.

I'm more than happy to keep this place up and running, but overall I'm not sure we should try to "compete" with INTPcomplex, which may just split a small community into smaller fragments ... especially given that Ptah has said that the site was attacked (rather than him throwing away the key).

Maybe we could consider this as a "sand-box" project and focus on the meta aspect, of trying new things here, new features, new forum structures, etc., perhaps like specing out our own lifeboat, but if members prefer to use this space as their primary venue, technically speaking I'm happy to facilitate :geek: ... I just think that most people will prefer to stay where they and the old content are and it will be difficult to reach critical mass.

So yeah, mixed feelings.
Same, and I agree with this.

User avatar
Utisz
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:35 am
Reputation: 0

Re: Work in progress ...

Post by Utisz » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:58 am

puerile_polyp wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:43 pm
I find it extremely hard to believe that there was any attack on Ptah's server, and I don't think we can be confident he'll keep it up. Maybe until the next time he decides to do something, people hate it, and he gets offended. You can give him the benefit of the doubt if you want, I think abandoning that ship is the smarter move. Lots of things were wrong before the site went down, and a lot of people already left because of those things.
Yeah I get the disbelief. To be honest I hadn't logged into INTPcomplex for over a month so I was just going off what Madrigal and reddit said. And yeah, looking back on the forum now that it's back up, it was a big coincidence if it was an attack (though maybe someone attacked it because of what was going on?).

Maybe also the dynamic will change because of the existence of this lifeboat.
Either way you have my support if you're gonna keep this going. Let's spec out the lifeboat, and above all remain committed to the nautical analogies.
Arrrr!

roki
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:06 pm
Reputation: 0

Re: Work in progress ...

Post by roki » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:07 am

The INTP graphic is dope

User avatar
Utisz
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:35 am
Reputation: 0

Re: Work in progress ...

Post by Utisz » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:12 am

roki wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:07 am
The INTP graphic is dope
I'm soooo happy you say that, I'm weirdly really happy with it too and was wondering was it just me.

Because it's like the four letters kinda meld to form one entity, and the I and T are to the fore and super clear in the light profile but the N and P in the background pop more in the darkness profile, and the colour scheme works really well in both profiles, and it's simple and clean and there's something that feels formal and familiar about it but ... I dunno, probably a professional graphic designer be like, bitch please, but I'm happy you say that!

sitka
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:37 am
Reputation: 0

Re: Work in progress ...

Post by sitka » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:55 am

Thanks for taking the lead on this, Utisz!

Not sure if I'll be more than a lurker here but I appreciate the effort all the same. I've missed some of you.
puerile_polyp wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:43 pm
I find it extremely hard to believe that there was any attack on Ptah's server, and I don't think we can be confident he'll keep it up. Maybe until the next time he decides to do something, people hate it, and he gets offended. You can give him the benefit of the doubt if you want, I think abandoning that ship is the smarter move. Lots of things were wrong before the site went down, and a lot of people already left because of those things. Either way you have my support if you're gonna keep this going. Let's spec out the lifeboat, and above all remain committed to the nautical analogies.
This. The only reason to go back to the old place is to grab copies of my old posts.

sitka
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:37 am
Reputation: 0

Re: Work in progress ...

Post by sitka » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:46 am

Madrigal wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:46 pm

If we want people to join? INTP dating
Subtle INTP Dating

Thoughtful Memes for Intuitively Oriented Teens

Dank INTPs

Sounds Like a Circle Jerk But OK

Not To Be Dramatic But I Would Die For This Forum

I Can't Believe It's Not INTPc

roki
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:06 pm
Reputation: 0

Re: Work in progress ...

Post by roki » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:42 pm

Sitka is syntagmatic, maybe?

Love how easy it is to dump images into posts.

User avatar
Blorg
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:48 am
Reputation: 1

Re: Work in progress ...

Post by Blorg » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:58 pm

Utisz wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:12 am
roki wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:07 am
The INTP graphic is dope
I'm soooo happy you say that, I'm weirdly really happy with it too and was wondering was it just me.

Because it's like the four letters kinda meld to form one entity, and the I and T are to the fore and super clear in the light profile but the N and P in the background pop more in the darkness profile, and the colour scheme works really well in both profiles, and it's simple and clean and there's something that feels formal and familiar about it but ... I dunno, probably a professional graphic designer be like, bitch please, but I'm happy you say that!
Like roki I think it's dope. Capital D Dope.

I would suggest adjusting it a bit further so that the IT doesn't pop out together so much. People who aren't familiar with us might see it as an IT forum (I mean, not really, but at first glance). Perhaps the dark parts can be the second and fourth letters, so that they also serve as shadows. Or something like in the netflix logo.

Image
adding gradients could be nice too

User avatar
Sistamatticism
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:21 pm
Reputation: 0
Location: Louisiana

Re: Work in progress ...

Post by Sistamatticism » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:14 pm

roki wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:42 pm
Sitka is syntagmatic, maybe?

Love how easy it is to dump images into posts.
Nope. No clue who it is, but it doesn't sound like him at all.
Change is the essential process of all existence. ~Spock TOS episode 3.15 Let That Be Your Last Battlefield

User avatar
Blorg
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:48 am
Reputation: 1

Re: Work in progress ...

Post by Blorg » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:31 pm

Something like this?

Image

Is it possible to change fonts too? That could be fun.

edit: forgot about the graphics thread.

Post Reply