What are you here for?

Forum-related topics
Stigmata

Re: What are you here for?

Post by Stigmata » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:54 am

I'm honestly not sure anymore. There's people here I'd like to stay in touch with, I suppose.

Park

Post by Park » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:38 pm

From time to time I enjoy to visit members from the INTPC, which is where I mostly socialized, whereever you choose to gather.

2hype

Post by 2hype » Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:05 am

This place is the only internet place I’ve stuck with for years and years. Even though I don’t know you, I so enjoy reading your thoughts.

starjots

Post by starjots » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:08 am

I want to find out what this INTP stuff is all about.

Mercurial

Post by Mercurial » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:22 pm

This looks like a good place for 4 AM wanderings, and maybe a syndicate rep or two from Limey.

djm
Formerly: djm

Post by djm » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:55 pm

I have an attachment to the site in its various incarnations, and always have good intentions of remembering to post more though never seem to actually follow through on them.

When I was a prolific member a 10-15 years ago I was going through a really rough patch that culminated in a divorce, losing my place in the company I had started and got onto the UK stock market (and with it control of all the inventions I had lodged there). Lurking around the forum helped me lot at the time, but since then have been busy rebuilding things which has been a decade long slog.

I like a lot of the folk on here and will make an effort to be more involved. If nothing else it makes me feel less odd.

Works

Post by Works » Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:16 pm

djm wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:55 pm
I have an attachment to the site in its various incarnations, and always have good intentions of remembering to post more though never seem to actually follow through on them.

When I was a prolific member a 10-15 years ago I was going through a really rough patch that culminated in a divorce, losing my place in the company I had started and got onto the UK stock market (and with it control of all the inventions I had lodged there). Lurking around the forum helped me lot at the time, but since then have been busy rebuilding things which has been a decade long slog.

I like a lot of the folk on here and will make an effort to be more involved. If nothing else it makes me feel less odd.
Can we get a life update?

djm
Formerly: djm

Post by djm » Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:49 pm

Works wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:16 pm
Can we get a life update?
Good stuff

Still with A, two kids now. We might finally get married this year.

Business is finally hitting its stride, doubling every year for the last five years which has finally got me out of the mire.

Just moved into a new place. Bought a small farm, we bought the Hall for ourselves and split off the barns and some of the lands for my company. The place has been around since at least 1520 in various incarnations and has an interesting history. The Hall itself is not terribly old though as was redeveloped in the 70s with just a few bits of the original building left. The barns are lovely though and very old in parts going back to 1400s.

Just applied for planning permission to build a research centre with labs and glasshouses to do my product development as we are too big to share facilities at a university these days. Hence the move.

Travelling a lot (when not locked down). Spend about six weeks a year in the US which is my big market. Trading in Egypt, Jordan, New Zealand, Philippines, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Romania, Estonia, France, Ghana, Kenya, Lebanon, Greece, France, Netherlands, Ireland, Malaysia, China, Colombia, Peru. Probably missed out a few. Looking to enter more markets this year.

Some of the things I was researching a decade ago are coming through now. I patented technology that improves silicon influx and efflux from Xylem last week. I actually met A working on that one! These things take a long time, some of my work is a 30 year plus project. I lose sleep worrying I will die without completing my work, and that is without new ideas coming in (which I get all the time).

Bad stuff

My eldest daughter was very ill with anorexia, now recovered physically but still has issues.

My other two kids from my first marriage I have had no contact with for nearly four years now, which is upsetting. The ex wifes narrative won through with them I'm afraid.

Less hair.

baccheion

Post by baccheion » Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:55 am

I am just here..

Never a reason..

Never a goal..

Never a doubt..

Madrigal

Post by Madrigal » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:32 am

baccheion wrote: