Rules and all that (feedback welcome)

Forum-related topics
Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Re: Rules and all that (feedback welcome)

Post by Julius_Van_Der_Beak » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:16 pm

Madrigal wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:10 pm
Julius_Van_Der_Beak wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:45 pm
Based on what? I don't think I ever once defended Israel's policies towards Palestinians or anything like that. Actually, a lot of your good friends have made way more anti-Arab or "middle Eastern" statements than I ever have. I think my one position that could be construed as possibly falling under that category (if you lack any understanding of nuance) is the idea that maybe periodicals aren't at fault for having their offices attacked if they post something that offends a religion. To me it seems like you're applying a double standard.

Things have deteriorated enough in the world at large that I feel compelled to call it out, and it would probably come up again anyway, since it's one of two issues you are passionate about it and see as non-negotiable, along with feminism (you even seem pretty chill about South African apartheid apologists) I might as well address it head on.

Anyway, you should know that I've considered deleting my account because I doubt whether posting here is a productive use of my time and I feel like it's causing me to move backward rather than forward.

Also it's evident to me that this is your space, and if there is an irreconcilable conflict between us, it seems to me that the thing to do is leave. I don't think pretending that there isn't one or trying to sweep it under the rug is going to work in this case, regrettably.
When you created an account here I thought it was no big deal because I couldn't even remember why you annoyed me. You just reminded me - I have no idea wtf you're talking about, but I know I wasn't talking about any of it.

I think you have pyshcological problems. You're not going to leave, you're just going to say you will. You're doing your weird thing again where you drag me into a convo and attribute weird shit to me, and it really makes me think you're just here to see me.
I'm trying to figure out if you're redeemable IMO. Given the gaslighting going on and the fact that I have no interest in being part of your ENFJ cult, I'd say no. Yeah when I lurked back in 2008, I was actually intrigued by you, but that kind of ended when you and the guy you were pals with at the time jumped on one of my first posts. Maybe it's petty to still hold that against you, I don't care.

Oh, and you can't have it both ways and insinuate that you're against PC culture and that identity politics is a perversion of true leftism when you insist on engaging in the same sort of bullshit "symbolic" posturing about the aspects of identity politics that are important to you.

No need to aim one of your friends at me this time or anything.

Utisz, delete my account.

Madrigal

Post by Madrigal » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:21 pm

Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:16 pm
I'm trying to figure out if you're redeemable IMO. Given the gaslighting going on and the fact that I have no interest in being part of your ENFJ cult, I'd say no. Yeah when I lurked back in 2008, I was actually intrigued by you, but that kind of ended when you and the guy you were pals with at the time jumped on one of my first posts. Maybe it's petty to still hold that against you, I don't care.

Oh, and you can't have it both ways and insinuate that you're against PC culture and that identity politics is a perversion of true leftism when you insist on engaging in the same sort of bullshit "symbolic" posturing about the aspects of identity politics that are important to you.

You're doing it again. I wasn't talking about PCness or identity politics or leftism. I was not even talking to you and you're ambushing me again with your impressions of what I once may or may not have said over the years and making up a narrative.

I said you have psychological problems.

Utisz

Post by Utisz » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:14 pm

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Post by Julius_Van_Der_Beak » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:44 pm

I think it's best for you to delete my account rather than having her sic Ferrus or autocthonic or somebody like that on me and have her get rid of me that way.

Utisz

Post by Utisz » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:14 pm

Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:44 pm
I think it's best for you to delete my account rather than having her sic Ferrus or autocthonic or somebody like that on me and have her get rid of me that way.
Deleting your account would be permanent, and irreversible.
If you are sure you want that, let me know some time tomorrow.

If it's mainly to do with Madrigal, yeah I can dig that.
She fights her own battles though (unless it's against a moth).

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Post by Julius_Van_Der_Beak » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:22 pm

Utisz wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:14 pm

Deleting your account would be permanent, and irreversible.
If you are sure you want that, let me know some time tomorrow.

If it's mainly to do with Madrigal, yeah I can dig that.
She fights her own battles though (unless it's against a moth).
Thanks, I'll chew on that. For what it's worth, I think you're a good guy and it would have nothing to do with you.

I know I can be a stubborn inflexible person and I see how they can cause problems with other folks sometimes. I think I have my reasons for being stubborn, but that's neither here nor there.

MissBingo
Formerly: I enjoy mall walking

Post by MissBingo » Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:18 am

I don't know about this restraining order stuff, I guess that's for severe shit.

About "don't be an asshole," I think if someone is being a big time bully asshole, then he or she should be prepared to be confronted. And, that's okay. Assholes are pretty thick-skinned. A gleeful bully who is obviously having fun humiliating a more passive person should not be protected because of favoritism. It doesn't have to be a mod issue. Posters should feel free to deal with it themselves without fear of mod retaliation or punishment. Again, bullies are pretty thick skinned. It's their targets that aren't.

SomeInternetBloke
Formerly: Makes Sense

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:37 pm

Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:16 pm
Madrigal wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:10 pm
Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:45 pm
Based on what? I don't think I ever once defended Israel's policies towards Palestinians or anything like that. Actually, a lot of your good friends have made way more anti-Arab or "middle Eastern" statements than I ever have. I think my one position that could be construed as possibly falling under that category (if you lack any understanding of nuance) is the idea that maybe periodicals aren't at fault for having their offices attacked if they post something that offends a religion. To me it seems like you're applying a double standard.

Things have deteriorated enough in the world at large that I feel compelled to call it out, and it would probably come up again anyway, since it's one of two issues you are passionate about it and see as non-negotiable, along with feminism (you even seem pretty chill about South African apartheid apologists) I might as well address it head on.

Anyway, you should know that I've considered deleting my account because I doubt whether posting here is a productive use of my time and I feel like it's causing me to move backward rather than forward.

Also it's evident to me that this is your space, and if there is an irreconcilable conflict between us, it seems to me that the thing to do is leave. I don't think pretending that there isn't one or trying to sweep it under the rug is going to work in this case, regrettably.
When you created an account here I thought it was no big deal because I couldn't even remember why you annoyed me. You just reminded me - I have no idea wtf you're talking about, but I know I wasn't talking about any of it.

I think you have pyshcological problems. You're not going to leave, you're just going to say you will. You're doing your weird thing again where you drag me into a convo and attribute weird shit to me, and it really makes me think you're just here to see me.

No need to aim one of your friends at me this time or anything.

Remember friend, forgiveness is a prerequisite for enjoying good mental health and clearer thinking. I hope all is well.
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi