Some differences from INTPx

Forum-related topics
Utisz

Some differences from INTPx

Post by Utisz » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:42 am

For those coming over from INTPx, just a couple of things to keep in mind:
  • Reputation comments are public. (You can click on the number to see the reps of a user. If there's demand, I can look into making them private for just the user, but it would require some hacking. But I don't see it as a big problem; there's always PMs.)
  • When you send a private message, it will stay in the Outbox until the recipient actually opens it. In theory you could still edit or even delete it before they read it, but haven't really tested that.
I'll add more things if I think of any.

Spartan26

Re: Some differences from INTPx

Post by Spartan26 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:54 am

Gah, good to know. Woulda been better to know sooner. I thought it was odd that we could see that someone had gotten a rep, I didn't realize I could dig further and see what it was. In general, I'll send correspondence in any matter with the thought that some day someone other than who you're intending could read it but definitely not 100%. Occasionally, I'll send emails at work with the thought that they could someday be subpoenaed and I hope it's like a message in a bottle that someone somewhere will realize all the bs I had to endure.

Utisz

Re: Some differences from INTPx

Post by Utisz » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:59 am

Understood, yep. Could have mentioned it earlier. I had actually intended on making reps private, but there's no such setting, and it's not straightforward I think. (Again though, could look into that if y'all think it would be better.)

If there's a rep someone would like to remove, let me know by PM.

edit: in the rep box, I added a message to say that comments are optional and public.