How much water do you drink a day?

Forum-related topics
HighlyIrregular
Formerly: BarIII

Re: How much water do you drink a day?

Post by HighlyIrregular » Sun May 02, 2021 6:30 pm

This thread reminds me of my old "Does anyone not drink water" thread. The Washington Post just published the article Drinking 8 glasses of water a day usually isn’t necessary, an exercise scientist says.

SomeInternetBloke
Formerly: Makes Sense

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:50 am

JohnClay wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:00 am
Note recently my wife had been constipated for 7 days and I rang up a nurse. She couldn't offer medical advice like take more Movicol so she talked about having prune juice and lots of water. I thought the more water the better so I gave my wife 5 litres of water and she ended up throwing up.....
Then I got a suppository from the chemist and she ended up having good bowel movements within 30-40 minutes....
Tangentially related.
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

Spartan26

Post by Spartan26 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:46 pm

SomeInternetBloke wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:50 am
JohnClay wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:00 am
Note recently my wife had been constipated for 7 days and I rang up a nurse. She couldn't offer medical advice like take more Movicol so she talked about having prune juice and lots of water. I thought the more water the better so I gave my wife 5 litres of water and she ended up throwing up.....
Then I got a suppository from the chemist and she ended up having good bowel movements within 30-40 minutes....
Tangentially related.
Wow, wasn't expecting such a touching ending.

SomeInternetBloke
Formerly: Makes Sense

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:39 am

Randall wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:28 pm
so I drink a lot.
Speaking of this poached quotation, whatever happened to your Drinky Squirrel avatar or whatever? - don't answer that. Hope life is ok. See ya, Randall. :hat:
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

Randall

Post by Randall » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:01 pm

SomeInternetBloke wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:39 am
Randall wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:28 pm
so I drink a lot.
Speaking of this poached quotation, whatever happened to your Drinky Squirrel avatar or whatever? - don't answer that. Hope life is ok. See ya, Randall. :hat:
Drinky Squirrel? I don't remember having such an avatar, I think I used a Shawshank one, an occult one, crows/ravens, then a series of goats. Could be I've just forgotten, or possibly you're thinking of someone else.