Member tribute (for the living)

Forum-related topics
HighlyIrregular II
Formerly: BarII

Member tribute (for the living)

Post by HighlyIrregular II » Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:12 pm

Tributes aren't just for dead people. I wanted to clarify that right away so nobody gets scared. And, not that inactive members are dead to me, but I think active ones are more worthy of tribute. But we see the active members post all the time and we don't really need to be reminded of them, so I'm going to be selective. I will pay tribute to myself. So as not to appear vein, I will do so without reference to myself. I will just post an image to reflect on as we pay tribute in our own way, with our own words, thoughts, actions, um, what else is there...i think plasma is supposed to be different...how would that fit in? Just do what you want I guess. Here's the picture:
Attachments
images.jpeg
images.jpeg (6.38 KiB) Viewed 16089 times

Yesterday

Re: Member tribute (for the living)

Post by Yesterday » Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:52 pm

I am Yesterday's rigid and inelegant verbal expression.
ENTP

"Our truest selves exist within the observational incongruencies among general first impressions and further analyses of the finer details."
- from my Ph.D. thesis in psychobabble

HighlyIrregular II

Post by HighlyIrregular II » Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:28 am

Are you flirting with me? Because I don't think of your personality as rigid. You mean because your posts are almost always embellished with your brand of stuff? You seem agreeable.

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:52 am

'Member tribute'

**Sighs and unzips pants**
Societal egress and ennui
Hello / Goodbye / Just a moment / Nothing / Cosmic / Man / Dream / Civilization / Open / Contact / Tremble / Gas / Memory / Transcend / ^2

HighlyIrregular II

Post by HighlyIrregular II » Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:12 pm

This forum has a delete cookie link. Show me another INTP forum with a delete cookie link. You can't, can you. There you go.

Yesterday

Post by Yesterday » Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:26 am

HighlyIrregular II wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:12 pm
This forum has a delete cookie link. Show me another INTP forum with a delete cookie link. You can't, can you. There you go.
Edited

Yep, handy feature that one is.
Last edited by Yesterday on Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
ENTP

"Our truest selves exist within the observational incongruencies among general first impressions and further analyses of the finer details."

Yesterday

Post by Yesterday » Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:31 am

HighlyIrregular II wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:28 am
Are you flirting with me? Because I don't think of your personality as rigid. You mean because your posts are almost always embellished with your brand of stuff? You seem agreeable.
Why thank. Say more.
ENTP

Autochthonic

Post by Autochthonic » Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:19 am

I am Autochthonic's sense of identity as momentum in transit, living in the rhythms of movement. Once in a while, I pause and look at spaces I've inhabited before and ponder who I was in those bygone places and moments. It's rare that I miss previous versions of myself, but I occasionally miss relationships I had with others. In my life right now, my mother is living with a brain tumor. She has been in hospice care for many months, and it doesn't seem like it will be long that she's still with us. I will miss her terribly.