Technical Issues

Forum-related topics
Utisz

Re: Technical Issues

Post by Utisz » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:08 am

In case y'all found the forum a bit sluggish in the last few days, there was some errant processes using up a lot of CPU. These are now dead, and the forum should be a bit more responsive.

Utisz

Post by Utisz » Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:15 pm

Utisz wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:08 am
In case y'all found the forum a bit sluggish in the last few days, there was some errant processes using up a lot of CPU. These are now dead, and the forum should be a bit more responsive.
This was happening again with these weird processes spawning intermittently, but I hope it should be resolved now and the forum should be responsive.

JohnClay

Post by JohnClay » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:49 am

When I do a vanity search it says:

The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: johnclay.

I didn't think it was that common....

Utisz

Post by Utisz » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:04 am

JohnClay wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:49 am

The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: johnclay.

I can look into that! I guess maybe it counts appearances elsewhere.

If you want to see your posts, you can try the Quick Links button and then Your Posts. But if you wanna see posts where you are mentioned, seems that's not working right now. :mellow:

Utisz

Post by Utisz » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:12 am

JohnClay wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:49 am

Should be working now! (Was easy to fix as I had simply misconfigured something.)

JohnClay

Post by JohnClay » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:14 am

Utisz wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:12 am
Should be working now! (Was easy to fix as I had simply misconfigured something.)
Awesome!

SomeInternetBloke
Formerly: Makes Sense

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:55 am

Help me assuage the fastidious compulsion to blast my name on every visible thread via the website's front page. :wink: Okay okay, I'll sort myself out damnit.
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

Utisz

Post by Utisz » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:52 am

SomeInternetBloke wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:55 am
Help me assuage the fastidious compulsion to blast my name on every visible thread via the website's front page. :wink: Okay okay, I'll sort myself out damnit.
Haha, I think it's just that the forum is low volume, and you're more medium volume. :P

SomeInternetBloke
Formerly: Makes Sense

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:30 pm

what are some ideas to maximize intp.live's usership's interest in a possible future maths thread I want to post?
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

HighlyIrregular
Formerly: BarIII

Post by HighlyIrregular » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:07 pm

Two minor things: the tag box for entering tags is larger than the title box which seems weird. I started entering titles in the tag boxes a couple of times. Also, instead someone who's not logged in seeing "Search found 0 matches" they should be told that they have to log in to search.