What are you watching?

Worldly and otherworldly topics
Catoptric

Re: What are you watching?

Post by Catoptric » Fri Oct 18, 2024 3:01 am

Societal egress and ennui
Hello / Goodbye / Just a moment / Nothing / Cosmic / Man / Dream / Civilization / Open / Contact / Tremble / Gas / Memory / Transcend / ^2

aether
Formerly: aether

Post by aether » Fri Oct 18, 2024 9:47 pm

Kramer Tries Mousse | The Apartment | Seinfeld

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Sat Oct 19, 2024 11:09 am

I had this video on my playlist and when I eventually got around to playing it, realized it had been moved to private.

Upon further looking into it, it seems this guy covered the channel (which he gets to around 3 minutes in) and I'm guessing either the account was hacked, since the channel of Clark Elieson ( https://www.youtube.com/@ClarkElieson ) which links from the profile image in Google Image search matching what he shows in this video, is now promoting XRP (Ripple Crapto coin/con.) He might have just gotten a lot of negative attention from this video (which might have been the first time many idiots heard of antinatalism) and just said, "fuck it;" however, too much of what his channel indicates is a possible hacked account with unscrupulous sociopaths that lure people into buying shit tokens (which won't solve their toilet paper hoarding or binging on cancer-inducing shitty survivalist food for when their panic sets in once society does away with itself.)

Francis Copolla Movie that came out recently (first impression: makes me think of Cloud Atlas or Blade Runner 2049, wich a hypothetical: If the Roman Empire never really collapsed, and continued unabated, )

Something interesting. . .

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt2579836/?ref_=nmbio_mbio

How have I not ever heard of this comedy series?

Almost Live! (circa 1984-1999)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0149413/

Impeachment Hearings [S15E11]

(I found a DVD of the first one in the trash.)

William Tyndale movie from 1986, 'God's Outlaw'

The Director was following up from a 1983, John Wycliffe movie.

This is a "remake" (more of an odd Youtube video with reinactments of the film) of that movie

Though miniseries like Wolf Hall cover William Tyndale, I've never been fully satisfied in the way it's depicted. The actor chosen for the above looks very much like a badly cast 1980s actor who may well resemble some aspects, but is no where the same as the historical person, nor does he seem to attempt to be. The way it's presented is more appropriate for those already familiar with the context of what is taking place in the film development (which kind of makes it a bad film, if judging it by the criteria of how you present an essay, assuming a person is being introduced to the subject for the very first time; though I would be wrong to say it doesn't make it obvious.)

Aside from the obvious "heritic," "blasphemer" the historical context is at odds with what was happening in England and abroad, and where the various language adaptions were already taking place, and how such people were really just thorns in the side of the antiquated Roman Catholic establishment, which would quickly be fucked over by Henry VIII who equally wanted people like William Tyndale to be prevented from having any influence (and hence one sees some correlations to how the earliest 'Christian' church was beginning to manifest, to where the Roman authorities would eventually just "adopt" it and call it their own. . . as most all of William Tyndale and John Wycliffe's work would be plagiarized with varying degrees of redactions and "reinterpretations" which more closely aligned with the established government. Things like the Geneva Bible were really just continued trends from the 1500s that became rooted in the early New World colonies, but were considered somewhat "bad versions" over time due to how some of the translations were considered inaccurate (and even with modern versions, arguably the "localization" of the text is the only way you could even contextualize it, as even historical interpretation would have differed greatly from modern context.)

Hello / Goodbye / Just a moment / Nothing / Cosmic / Man / Dream / Civilization / Open / Contact / Tremble / Gas / Memory / Transcend / ^2

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Mon Oct 21, 2024 11:41 am