Catoptric

Re: What are you reading?

Post by Catoptric » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:09 pm

Vadim Zeland
https://dokumen.tips/documents/vadim-zeland-rules1.html

Great Deformation: The Corruption of Capitalism in America by David Stockman
https://riosmauricio.com/wp-content/upl ... ockman.pdf
Societal egress and ennui
Hello / Goodbye / Just a moment / Nothing / Cosmic / Man / Dream / Civilization / Open / Contact / Tremble / Gas / Memory / Transcend / ^2

SomeInternetBloke
Formerly: Makes Sense

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:11 am

"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

last_caress

Post by last_caress » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:48 pm

Utisz wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:28 am
last_caress wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:01 am
Empire series by Asimov
Really like the Foundation series, but a few years later picked up the Robot series and could not get into it. Not sure why.
I just read those too. Definitely a gear shift from the the Foundation series. I liked it but not as much as the others. It does reveal the true origin of psychohistory though. Might be worth it for that.

Utisz

Post by Utisz » Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:08 am

last_caress wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:48 pm
I just read those too. Definitely a gear shift from the the Foundation series. I liked it but not as much as the others. It does reveal the true origin of psychohistory though. Might be worth it for that.
I might try it again at some point. I kinda miss being able to sit down and read a book, it's been a while. Used to always buy a sci fi book before travelling or holidays, like whatever Phillip K. Dick book they had in the local bookstore, or trying to run a straight on the Ender series. Maybe part of the disappointment with the Robot series was that it was all neatly compiled in one book, like where's the fun in that.

SomeInternetBloke
Formerly: Makes Sense

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:11 pm

Reading my crystal ball. Four more years of shit posting like this and I'll smash Hephaestus' record into crumblies. Moh effin crumblies mang. :jerk: I hope he's alive. (edit) I hope he's able to see this from whatever dimension he resides atm. (edit) He's a math nerd, nvm... I need younger friends. (leaves)
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:51 pm

Were the Mongols the first environmentalists?
https://www.quora.com/How-did-the-Mongo ... _9dpheFIcc
Hello / Goodbye / Just a moment / Nothing / Cosmic / Man / Dream / Civilization / Open / Contact / Tremble / Gas / Memory / Transcend / ^2

Madrigal

Post by Madrigal » Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:23 pm

Kiss of the Spider Woman, by Manuel Puig. Its really nice and I love Puig. I read "Tropical Night Falling" a few years back, though his most famous work is "Heartbreak Tango", which I haven't read yet.

This novel was published in 1976 and censored right away. So far it's about a marxist guerilla fighter and a man who aspires to be a femme fatale, both sharing the same jail cell. The femme fatale wannabe is narrating his favorite movies while being interrupted by marxist commentary, and I am entertained.

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:57 am

Last edited by Catoptric on Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Madrigal

Post by Madrigal » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:54 am

Madrigal wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:23 pm
Kiss of the Spider Woman
This has taken a dark turn.

What with the stuff on military dictatorship I'm translating, it might be a bit too much.

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:11 pm