Little Rants

Worldly and otherworldly topics
Catoptric

Re: Little Rants

Post by Catoptric » Fri May 06, 2022 1:48 am

HighlyIrregular wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 8:09 pm
I didn't watch but from what I've read, you just have to report debit card theft/fraud quickly enough and you're protected??? With credit cards they tell you how long you have to report fraud and protection is more formal, but debit cards kind of seemed safe from what I read. I was never sure though.
I agree, I assumed a debit card would still cover FDIC, with the caveat that a debit doesn't hypothetically restrict cash usage apart from ATM withdrawel and suspicious activity.

On a different note I was reading through this and the 'Conclusion' section is something I relate to as I was considered a disruption in kindergarten and had been sent to a specialized school that both catered to advanced math and crayons. . . Simultaneously I was not even told some of the terminology for the paper I was filling out and was deemed unsuitable, after being in a classroom that wasted time extensively and didn't even seem to have books of any kind. . .

INTPs and Asperger's Syndrome
http://oddlydevelopedtypes.com/content/ ... syndrome-0

Also, I noticed a lot of homebrew websites seem to be getting acquired by a capital management firm, and beers that were only acquired through certain websites now no longer actually exist in their original form. Companies that were under the process of getting acqured would have people working their that within a week are notified they would no longer be working there, and in the process of "transitioning" to a online exclusive warehouse where the buildings were being emptied out and transported, apparently any orders going through to them would not have any update on the transaction, (and I didn't know what was going on until I started looking into it.)

Blackstreet Capital Holdings, LLC took the place of InBev who took over Northern Brewer, who now took over Austin Homebrew Supply and Adventures in Homebrewing. Incidentally it's now a trend for all these homebrew companies to start doing online exclusively, though even then one of the few brew shops local to me is now selling only supplies to professional brewers and got fed up with limited sales in homebrewing. Another company called Keg Connect also turned very odd practically overnight, but also the recipes that were clones of major beer companies seemed to be all removed (andyou can't even find a replacement name for a recipe that had been cloned, such as Bourbon Barrel Stout; and I've been wondering if these companies might have been connected prior and were sued out of existence, and quickly replaced with a "new and improved" model.

Capitalism does kind of lead to a dystopian landscape and I was just arguing with Commies who seem to worship Karl Marx, and can't give a rational argument for why in the fuck Communism isn't much worse (and in it's place is a vulture "capitalist" system pretending to be free-market.)

Though at this point it appears literally every homebrew shop has closed down (or has changed their focus) in the Dallas area, these websites are independent still:

www.morebeer.com
www.atlanticbrewsupply.com
www.williamsbrewing.com

I emailed to cancel my order and am hoping I can get a kveik yeast with maibock and kolsch, even if it potentially costs more (though hopefully less my soul.)

I'm still not sure Amazon should be praised for encouraging e-commerce, as it generally only favors extreme consolidation of wealth, at the loss to representing the people that ensure it's survival (who usually end up getting shit on in the process.) Blame the owners of capital for selling out for easy money?

(found online)
Online shopping generates 4.8 times more packaging waste than offline shopping.
Online shopping could produce an additional 10% of total waste over the next decade.

Online shopping can be worse for the environment than driving to a store
https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/26/tech/gre ... index.html

Not to mention that society is becoming the NIHM rat experiment. . . It's fucking obvious.

Adding

Special Investigation: The Dirty Secret Behind Warren Buffett’s Billions
https://www.thenation.com/article/archi ... -billions/
Last edited by Catoptric on Wed May 18, 2022 7:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Societal egress and ennui
Hello / Goodbye / Just a moment / Nothing / Cosmic / Man / Dream / Civilization / Open / Contact / Tremble / Gas / Memory / Transcend / ^2

HighlyIrregular
Formerly: BarIII

Post by HighlyIrregular » Thu May 12, 2022 7:51 pm

Old angry library man called a retarded kid a retard twice last time I was there. The kid was blurting out sounds while playing a game or something. The librarians did nothing. The next day the library was closed for "emergency repairs." Another patron with mental issues started going to the same second choice library as me and I heard him say that suddenly they made people leave because of emergency maintenance. The last time they closed unexpectedly was the day after homeless Covid man kept removing his mask to cough up a lung. Last time they may have waited until the guy's Covid ran its course. This time I have no idea. So, I'm walking to and from my second choice library six days a week, usually with my laptop depending on how my back and hips feel, for a total of about 3 miles.

Spartan26

Post by Spartan26 » Fri May 13, 2022 7:30 am

Back to my excessive ticket fees rant. Single game NFL tickets went on sale today. For one game, I got seats on the 4th level, kinda towards the corner but not quite. Hard to judge exactly due to stadium curvature but I'd guess around the 25 yardline. Those tix were around $230 each. The other game, I also got tix on the 4th level but even closer to midfield. Those tix were around $290 each. Same stadium. The more expensive tix are for when the Rams are the home team. The others will be will be the Chargers. Didn't take long to put that "World Champion" moniker on the marquee to jack up the price.

So, what would you think would be a fair service charge? Well, if I'm typing here, we know it's not going to be "fair." Go ahead, spin the wheel! What do you think I paid for the fees on each ticket?

$35 would make you grit your teeth, no? Sneer a little bit. Curse under your breath.
$50 would have you yelp, right? $50?! Fifty dollars per ticket?! Are you freckin' kidding me? Seriously?! You're gonna charge $50 per ticket in fees? Like, what freckin' for??

Here's the amazing thing. They've actually found a way to make people not gripe about a $50 surcharge. Perhaps even beg for it. How's that? By charging $80 and $100 per ticket, PER TICKET, in fees, respectfully.

Eighty dollars!

One hundred dollars! For just one ticket. I purchased 6. Not, $100 for the transaction. That'd be lunacy but at least you could rationalize it that when you break it out over the cost of six. Eh, $16.60 I guess ain't so bad...No, $100 per muthafriggin' ticket!!

Like, this is Iraq no-bid contract level of shameless pricing here. OK, that might be a stretch but freckin' hell, man. The cost is insane!

Senseye

Post by Senseye » Fri May 13, 2022 6:38 pm

Wow. That's a huge scam.

I presume the ticket seller has a monopoly? Must be the case because as it would be trivial to undercut those fees and still make a profit. Especially these days where almost everything is done online and you only need a handful of frontline customer service staff. There is no situation where service fees should be more than 10% of the face value. Even 5% should be plenty.

Somebody needs to launch an anti-trust suit or something. Unless the team(s) own the ticket seller and it's all just a smoke and mirrors operation to cover what would otherwise be outrageous ticket face values (sort of like airline surcharges).

Spartan26

Post by Spartan26 » Wed May 18, 2022 4:05 am

Senseye wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 6:38 pm
Wow. That's a huge scam.

I presume the ticket seller has a monopoly? Must be the case because as it would be trivial to undercut those fees and still make a profit. Especially these days where almost everything is done online and you only need a handful of frontline customer service staff. There is no situation where service fees should be more than 10% of the face value. Even 5% should be plenty.

Somebody needs to launch an anti-trust suit or something. Unless the team(s) own the ticket seller and it's all just a smoke and mirrors operation to cover what would otherwise be outrageous ticket face values (sort of like airline surcharges).
That's kind of the weird thing, they don't have a monopoly. As it turns out, I used Vivid to purchase my tix. It's a re-seller. I don't know if they have access to original sale seats or not. Stubhub is the big name but I had found Vivid to be cheaper. I'm guessing there must be some sort of license/brokerage permission going on that may not be too cheap. Ticketmaster is generally the agency that offers the initial sale. When I checked their website, they weren't showing anything that seemed like first issue and the ones that were being re-sold were higher. Their ticket fees when I looked later were $50 each. In the late 90s, Pearl Jam tried to launch or I don't know if they were the ones who were came up with it but they were using a website to sell all their tickets cuz they didn't like the exorbitant fees Ticketmaster was charging. My general way around the ticket fees are to buy the tickets at the venue itself. I really had great success with that in the late 90s/early 00s going to hockey games that way. They'd release some tix like 4 hours before faceoff that'd be real close to the ice. $75 right on the blueline or right by behind the penalty box. $75 wasn't cheap but totally worth it. Especially considering that 10 rows back costs the same thing, and generally if you want to have really great seats you're gonna pay a premium...or better know somebody. I got Lakers tix a few years ago that I guess were season-ticket holders seats that were offered back to the arena for resale. But this was directly through the boxoffice so I didn't have to pay any fees. They were lower level, behind the basket, halfway up, iirc, they were $180. Yeah, ouch! But, I was actually pretty happy cuz looking online they were nearly 2x that, without fees!

Anyway, last year I got tix to a Chargers game in late Aug/early Sept, right before the season was to start, but I went through Groupon. One super cool thing was that I got to use one of their coupon codes so it was a really good deal. I wanna say $115 each and no additional fee! I checked Groupon again and they had some Rams tix but I couldn't use a code. They didn't have a good of selection. Plus, I don't think they're too specific. They'll tell you the section and price but I don't believe it tells you row. I may be wrong about that. But I don't think you know row and seat until after the transaction is over. There's the discount service Goldstar that has plays and other events, often for free or 50% off. You have to pay a service fee but it's never too much. They just give you section number but never row or seat number.

It's super rare that I've gambled on trying to get a ticket day off and crapped out for it being sold out. For like performing arts that are downtown, I'll go Sunday right around noon when street parking is free and traffic isn't so bad and get tix in advance. This only works if there's some other matinee performance going on. Most of the time there is. Of course there's the gas and effort to get there but even before the prices got so out of hand it felt better doing it than paying some middlecompany service fee that felt so exploitative.

Although I was super busy at work that day and really wouldn't have been able to log in and search of tix, I knew that the full schedule for the teams was being released in the day and then tix were to go onsale after, like at 5 PM. Stupid me wasn't considering that that would be 5 PM eastern. It wasn't til maybe a quarter 'til 6 when I checked, Pacific! In theory, I may've been able to get the tickets when they first went on sale through Ticketmaster and only paid $50 per ticket. I'm not sure if this is cool or not but after I made my first transaction. I was going to make buy tix for the second game and backed out. Like, just wasn't to thrilled with how much I was paying. During the time of me double checking prices and talking to a few people to see if they were down for going, like making sure I got the extra in case they come back and say, "Oh man, I wish I had known you were going" or "I would've but I'm gonna be out of town," I get an email from Vivid stating that due to being a loyal customer, I get a $110 credit cuz that was the average cost of the tickets I had purchased over the last 10 tickets. So I had $110 knocked off my price for my second set of tix. Heck yeah, why wouldn't that be cool?? Well, maybe I'd rather only pay 10% verses 30+% to begin with.

I need to quit checking. I keep looking at sites for tix and for the most part I see I got the best tix per cost available but I have seen Charger tix come up that are same or nearby section for a little less. I wish there was a way to short these. I was pretty tempted to grab those and then sell the ones I got but I wasn't sure how easy that'd be. I also started to wonder how much of a fee will they charge me to sell? I do feel good about the rams tix cuz all the ones near me are like $60-$80 more already. I miss the days when I had access to company seats. :( :boohoo::sadbanana:

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Thu May 19, 2022 4:07 pm

That awkward feeling you get when looking over a restaurant that closed a year ago (which you had visited for over 20 years, along with the several other ones that have ended up demolished even before Covid due to changing business as more highways are being constructed) and realizing the person that posted a happy moment with her husband had likely died not long after due to covid. . . Literally.

Photo circa January 2020 (admittedly before Covid was even a "thing.")
https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1s0x ... ip6BAhcEAM

Person's husband died near the 2022 new year
https://www.tributearchive.com/obituari ... leo-lumbia

The wife who posted the photo died within a week after.
https://www.tributearchive.com/obituari ... nie-lumbia

Incidentally 'Romano's Macaroni Grill' was closing a lot (37. . .) of their locations prior to 2018, which is when other "well-known" places were also closing, namely (what comes to mind) was 'Fox and the Hound' pubs that were common in the area. Most restaurants were hanging by a thread years prior to covid. I recall also around the early 1990s when 'Chinatown' restaurants were opening up all over and seeing the familiar Chinese-style curved roofs, and they were foreclosing after over-expanding.

The most similar feeling occurs when looking over reviews showing in Ukraine, which abruptly ended leading up to Russia's most recent invasion.

I also realize now how big Tandy was during the early 1990s (they even made a computer just as Radioshack had been doing, the prior decade) when looking over this company that similarly didn't anticipate the shifting tide of the economy. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incredible_Universe

Those former store locations are now what became Fry's electronics along with a few other weird ones (which probably still use the same fixtures.) I distinctly remember it being the only locations where I had seen a Turbografx console being sold (and I recall the Bonk character where I had never seen it before, or since until starting emulation.) Incidentally, many of those store locations are also closed a year ago as well.

Fry's closed everything a year ago apparently, and I still recall they only seemed to rely on newspaper printouts with inventory prices (which was old-fashioned even by early 2000s (which even then, major newpaper companies were begging people to subscribe for delivery services.)
https://www.star-telegram.com/news/busi ... 85315.html

Alas, also 2018 article: Five years later: the prediction on the end of printed newspapers
https://www.digitalcenter.org/columns/p ... ewspapers/

Speaking of restaurants (another was closing just days ago, and it was one of those restaurants where you could find their products being sold in grocery stores, which might not suggest that it was a successful product either.)
https://www.dallasnews.com/food/restaur ... RSZoYAo%3D

Narcissists’ proneness to conspiracy belief is partly driven by a desire to be unique and heightened paranoia
https://www.psypost.org/2021/12/narciss ... noia-62192

This would explain the popularity of Trump and how he latched onto a subculture of 'AMERICA!'
Hello / Goodbye / Just a moment / Nothing / Cosmic / Man / Dream / Civilization / Open / Contact / Tremble / Gas / Memory / Transcend / ^2

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Sun May 22, 2022 10:25 pm

Every hero has a villain who believes he is justified (and a hero in their own tribe.)

Just analyze the rationale behind wars, but also realize that when given an opportunity people will take advantage of it, whether it be the lack of opportunity afforded to others which they then manipulate into going along, or the belief that they will be socially stigmatized for not "falling in line."

Any great story will tend to incorporate believable elements of human psychology and the motivations behind such behaviors.

A significant part of such behavior is the mistaken belief--whether it be due to maladaptive coping mechanisms leading to confirmation biases and object constancy regarding empathy towards others--or the tendency to feel empowered through acts that would otherwise not exist had such people felt their situation was irreversible.

Depending on how someone is oriented towards blame-shifting and or self-aware, it is not likely someone will just passively go along with situations they felt they still had control over, much as a drug addict might feel compelled to criminality if they felt they already hit rock bottom.

Much of human behaviors are driven by the anatomy of psychology involving reward-seeking behavior. Unless people feel as though they belong in their society, they will go to extreme lengths to feel vindicated.

20 Movie ‘Villains’ Who Were Basically Justified
https://www.eightieskids.com/movie-vill ... justified/

Autism increase mystery solved? No, it’s not vaccines, GMOs, glyphosate—or organic foods
https://www.chelseagreen.com/product/va ... childhood/

I suspect this stuff predates most theories on influences and probably has genetic components (and my own hypothesis is that epigenetic and intergenerational behavioral influences "create" the appearance of "Aspie.")

On the other hand if you examine the introduction of leaded gasoline and when it was introduced, you will find some striking correlations to the incarceration/crime rates.

I suspect an autoimmune response causes damage to the nervous system, which might be genetically related to how the body responds to environmental contaminants, but it will be difficult for science to catch up to such thinking ever since Andrew Wakefield falsified his research (which is surprisingly common in science considering the bias in research,) and people will find a correlation to things well before they are generally accepted as fact.

Though I realize there is evil in a lot of medical companies, and that vaccinations aren't entirely the "cure-all" people want them to be (I expected someone like Dr. Tenpenny to have her license revoked) it's possible that even if such companies aren't "finding evidence" they could just as well prefer to assume it doesn't exist.

The correlation to vaccines and certain ailments is undeniable, and part of the issue could be due to how vaccines become contaminated and cause problems that the human body is not properly adapted for (or which in nature would not generally compromise survival in normal circumstances, which only due to modern society does it become more noticeable.)

I also suspect that glyphosate could cause a reduction in bio flora that has negative effects on health (even if per se glyphosate doesn't directly affect cells; the problem is when such companies like Monsanto don't have to list the majority of what the chemicals contain.)

One example

Maternal glyphosate exposure causes autism-like behaviors in offspring through increased expression of soluble epoxide hydrolase
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32398374/

This book seems to describe the basic idea (but also, something called Leaky Gut Syndrome could be genetically related to diet sensitivity)

Vaccines, Autoimmunity, and the Changing Nature of Childhood Illness by Thomas Cowan MD
https://www.chelseagreen.com/product/va ... childhood/

On the other hand The Predator (2018 movie) looks pretty retarded.
https://cinemafromthespectrum.com/2018/ ... -is-magic/

I remember looking over (Youtube) archival footage from the 1920s-1944 from The National Library of Medicine, which showed neurological symptoms that would have coincided with the industrial age in New York, in which many of the people shown in the video would have been born and likely showed indications of exposure to industrial pollutants such as symptoms of lead exposure which is linked to Parkinson's disease, etc. which were increasingly common following the industrial era.

I assume the hedonic cycle of the modern era is causing people to tolerate the toxic pollutants and puerile nature of modern culture, as the illusion of societal progress and increasingly diminishing returns will lead to a tipping point where people will eventually have to face the repercussions of disregarding the dangers of lax government regulations/oversight, and consumer exploitation, and by then they will have such limited influence since people have been too distracted by all of it to actually do anything about it, and have developed learned helplessness.

An example of how capitalism with the best intentions can fall stray to disregarding the dangers of a product or idea when enough incentive is made to sacrifice convenience for public safety, and you can find indications of this from the before the Victorian era onward to present day where in spite of knowing about the dangers of toxic metals people would still continue to be exposed to toxic pollutants. During the mid-1900s people were so awe-struck by the trusting in the authority of scientific development that they believed they could trust they weren't being lied to and marketed the convenience of blind consumerism, and then of course it also stretched out into the aftermath of war where people weren't being told they were being used as guinea pigs for nuclear radiation, agent orange, DDT, and PCBs which ironically when GMO soybean (manufactured to allow toxic pollutants like heavy to not kill plants) were being introduced they were marketing olestra which due to the nature of the oil caused digestive instability which incidentally acts as a purgative for toxic pollutants, while simultaneously representing the key reason the food supply is compromised by nature being engineered to continue to function in spite of the toxic soil environment, where plants are genetically engineered to allow toxic metals (and hypothetically they can also be genetically engineered to prevent the toxic metals into the food chain.)

Most often the dangers of contaminants are well known but the belief is that if people are unable to detect it by it's signs or symptoms, then it can be overlooked, and this is the danger of large companies or corrupted government regulations. It wasn't long ago that oil spills and industrial waste was being leaked into the water supply and this was in large part due to those responsible for the oversight to ensure public safety. Even the creator of leaded gasoline (Thomas J. Midgley) fell sick to his invention and continued to market the product as Ethyl, and sided with the corporate cabal and auto manufacturers that those who died as result of exposure in the factories were due to improper safety (while yet the fallout of leaded gasoline can be consistently associated with societal behavior.)

It may just be the result of irrational exuberance with "progress" and how human nature tends to be exploited to continue in support of flawed systems of self-governing, and too often those in charge don't want to upturn the apple cart when they believe they have an advantage to game the system that benefits them. Even when people can take an "objective" point of view of scientific advancement they would prefer to support an establishment that has carefully constructed the framework of their worldview, and few would prefer to be the pariah on the outside that no one wants to sponsor, in fear of public ridicule, while also those who do buck the trends often do so knowingly with the intent of taking advantage of the uncertainty that lack of trust in such establishments have created.

Could what I discussed above be considered "medical advice", as one FB group admin considered? Was I an asshole for being tempted to wait out a 7 day suspension in order to flag the group until it was deleted off Facebook, and was it wise of me to feel like such groups that are relegated to the same people asking the same banal idiot questions and incapable of resolving their insufficient coping mechanisms (which addressing such would probably be considered "medical advice") really be doing anyone a favor.

And it should also be noted that yes, environmental influence which could be the result of an autoimmune disease (symptomologies of gut bioflora issues from glyphosate which is directly linked to in vitro contamination as causing autism) would probably have an epigenetic effect as shown here in this study.

An epigenetic biomarker for adult high-functioning autism spectrum disorder
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598- ... 0for%20ASD

Fuck shitty control freaks! (and maybe this is actually an ego projection as that's kind of the effect it has.)

And I removed my membership and reapplied in an attempt to explain what I just did and to say fuck them, and while that didn't go through (as pending the approval doesn't require answering submission where they can then block you from applying) I went back over the open screens I was looking at to then message 3 of the Admins directly and since I didn't know who had an issue with my post (which the vast majority of what I wrote was in response to other people sharing their details and opinion, which the admin apparently felt I was giving a tirade to,) I did manage to get a response from the person that seemed to address it.

I just need to get off the internet entirely but also have some issues resolving what seems to be a bullshit society where nothing but manipulative crap is peddled as authenticity.

It's maybe ironic (or a psychological projection) that I posted the every hero has a villain that believes they are justified before even consider myself having felt violated.
Spoiler
Show
One of the rules of the group said:

Refrain from these topics: Proselytizing, Debates, Abortion, Politics, Religion and Profanity, Drugs and medicine (including weed and cannabis).Sex and sexuality aren't banned subjects, but please keep it PG-13 and don't be a creep.

Incidentally another rule was "don't block Admins" which I did after it was obvious they lacked integrity.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Post by Julius_Van_Der_Beak » Tue May 24, 2022 1:43 am

A significant part of such behavior is the mistaken belief--whether it be due to maladaptive coping mechanisms leading to confirmation biases and object constancy regarding empathy towards others--or the tendency to feel empowered through acts that would otherwise not exist had such people felt their situation was irreversible.

Depending on how someone is oriented towards blame-shifting and or self-aware, it is not likely someone will just passively go along with situations they felt they still had control over, much as a drug addict might feel compelled to criminality if they felt they already hit rock bottom.

Much of human behaviors are driven by the anatomy of psychology involving reward-seeking behavior. Unless people feel as though they belong in their society, they will go to extreme lengths to feel vindicated.

This is key. Consider it a thermal exhaust port.

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Fri May 27, 2022 12:53 am

Update: My assumption that it is narcissistic is perhaps correct as the guy (Galip Ozturk) was detained on financial crime as well as murder charges.

Georgia Detains Turkish Bus Baron on Financial Crime Charges
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... me-charges

Fugitive Turkish businessman becomes father of 21 children in Georgia
https://www.duvarenglish.com/fugitive-t ... news-57744
"Supreme Court of Appeals approved his life sentence for soliciting the murder of Kuvvet Köseoğlu"

More details: https://newsbeezer.com/turkeyeng/the-jo ... nute-news/

Georgian/Russian Mom-of-23 reveals she had 21 babies (and wants to have 105) by surrogates within one year – and has 16 live-in nannies
https://secretlifeofmom.com/mom-of-23-h ... 9ribkiyGbU
Spoiler
Show
Kristina wanted a big family early on, and after discussing this with her husband, he was all on board. After the couple decided to have as many children as possible, they decided it may be the better course of action to hire surrogate mothers who can take some strain off her body.
He must have assumed he would have fucked like a rooster instead of turning to surrogates.

The rationale for her argument:
Spoiler
Show
Reasons to have a large family
There’s someone to have fun with, always
Firstly, I can’t even describe to you the amount of laughing fits I had every single day in my childhood, and I only had two sisters. I can’t even imagine what it would be like with nine (or more) other siblings. But, I do know one thing. It would be hysterical!

Advertisement
Having the world’s largest family means you’re never lonely
We all crave a little alone time sometimes, but it’s also comforting when someone you love is always close by. If there are a billion kids running around your house, there’s always someone to do something or relax with.

Advertisement
More kids means less worry for the parents
Unless you have all 10 kids at the same time, they will vary in age. They’ll always look out for each other especially, as some of your kids get older and become more responsible and capable for themselves.
And what happens to cute puppies that grow old and are left at kennels when the owners grow tired of them?

It's a narcissistic projection of accomplishment vicarious through the children:
http://www.catherinedeveny.com/the-narc ... herhood-2/

A news article
“Narcissistic parents beget kids with a whole host of psychological problems,” Durvasula says. These problems include higher than average rates of depression and anxiety, lack of self-regulation, eating disorders, low self-esteem, an impaired sense of self, substance abuse and perfectionism." Jan 5, 2017

And people wonder why people think like this:

Also, (though this does not appear to be a component in the article above) religion also is a narcissistic projection, where often reproduction is a major component. The reason that the word dingle is a euphemism for penis is because the Roman Catholics of Dingle, Ireland tend to have a lot of babies.

Last edited by Catoptric on Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:51 am, edited 3 times in total.

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Sun May 29, 2022 1:20 am

Reading up on live-in jobs such ( https://www.moneycrashers.com/jobs-prov ... e-housing/ ) and then Butlers (
I came across a little-known fact that many wealthy people hire illegals to be used as what can only be described as slave labor.

Why the obituary for Eudocia Tomas Pulido didn’t tell the story of her life in slavery
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... n-slavery/

More info:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Family%27s_Slave

Social Anhedonia
https://www.psychologicalscience.org/pu ... ction.html

Someone on Quora talks about their father the serial killer, and how they lived with him knowing what he had done. Whether someone like this was trauma bonding or codependence, I find it particularly odd that anyone could be allowed to remain in their care, knowing he likely was behind his wife's dissappearance. Some of the story seems to be a fabrication (though I might need to look into it more.

https://www.quora.com/What-serial-kille ... ype=answer