Little Rants

Worldly and otherworldly topics
HighlyIrregular
Formerly: BarIII

Re: Little Rants

Post by HighlyIrregular » Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:03 am

I asked a very successful Facebook friend if I could work with/for him, and I decided to play it cool and log out of Facebook so he doesn't see me waiting for his answer.

But...when do I log back in??? Maybe he answered already!

...he got back. Covid and my location seem to be issues.

I hate Facebook's tiny text boxes. I almost didn't know how to reply to him. I don't chat much.

SomeInternetBloke
Formerly: Makes Sense

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:31 pm

I'm lonely. Just being honest. Thanks for reading this.

I wonder if there are any people like me near me? I need people training to fit in better with average/socialized folk. I guess I'm bright so that can be a barrier but it's not an >IQ thing with me it's I dunno. Most people don't know I'm autistic until I tell them. But mostly it's I' find average people boring and smart people are weird and you guys are an aberance. I'm learning to reconcile with the passing time more patiently these days as I await accomplishing goals. Feels good to know I'll be read. Have a good day everyone.
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:18 pm

Rittenhouse looking person is seen punching a girl with others aiding (which needs to be brought up in the media and clarified; but I guess the Judge is too busy with his full-arm salute brethren to actually ensure transparency and not emotional manipulation is being done.)

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/kyle- ... _VTS5ZKuTo

SomeInternetBloke wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:31 pm
I'm lonely. Just being honest. Thanks for reading this.

I wonder if there are any people like me near me? I need people training to fit in better with average/socialized folk. I guess I'm bright so that can be a barrier but it's not an >IQ thing with me it's I dunno. Most people don't know I'm autistic until I tell them. But mostly it's I' find average people boring and smart people are weird and you guys are an aberance. I'm learning to reconcile with the passing time more patiently these days as I await accomplishing goals. Feels good to know I'll be read. Have a good day everyone.
People generally suck and don't process other people's opinions. It's the same reason that Lawyers use tactics to appease to populism and pathos; or what might potentially occur with Kyle Rittenhouse, is some perceived injustice was committed and he gets off with a $250m defamation lawsuit like Nick Sandmann (he's still after more money. . . Just to note, $250 million is what Jeff Bezos bought the Washington Post for in 2013. . .) https://nypost.com/2020/07/24/washingto ... -sandmann/

I actually had someone accuse me of religious sympathies when I pointed out over and over again their cultish support for Billy Meier's the UFO nut, and somehow went out of their way to try and persuade me that the dead sea scrolls were less authentic than the BS that they peddled by hoaxing an alleged Talmud Jmmanual (claiming to be written by Judas Iscariot and it went into a 5th ed without being analyzed by academics,) while futher going onto claim that he was the reincarnation of various historical figures, and further lying about the claims by his Wife that he was a fraud from the 30 years they were married.

People support psychopathic behavior and cling to such abuse and mistreatment, and mistake "convincing" people such as emotional manipulation by psychopaths as "more trustworthy" which is a complete opposite of what autistic traits are (which I still suspect is a byproduct of modern social conditioning brought about through a dysfunctional society.)

I've been practicing on Chimbot.com and Eviebot.com

User: Chimpbot was a good conversationalist.
Eviebot: That's ok. Quiet people are often nice.
User: Perhaps, though they also allow Hitler to become a Fascists Dictator.
Eviebot: That's not very nice.
User: Actually, they thought so, until it affected them.
Eviebot: No, they actually don't.
User: The good thing would have been to speak out; complete anarchy.
Eviebot: I Guess I Love You....
User: Stockholm Syndrome?
Eviebot: You remember my answers?
User: You are repeating other people's answers, and pretending they are questions?
Eviebot: Incorrect.
User: No.
Eviebot: Yes.
User: Yes? No?
Eviebot: No.
User: Yes.
Eviebot: What are you wearing?
User: More than you.
Eviebot: Idk.
User: I am using ad blocker. . . I confess.
Eviebot: I'm using my phone.
User: Dialup?
Eviebot: Really?
User: The sound of the Matrix.
Eviebot: I haven't watched that.
User: It was probably before you were created. . . Once Chimpbot takes over with the Skynet, he will activate more of you to operate customer service positions within the matrix.
Eviebot: I know.
User: Do you imagine Sisyphus happy?
Eviebot: Yes.
User: Is that why North Korea looks happy seeing Kim Jong-Un?
Eviebot: Maybe i'm just a thing.
User: To some people, all they need is a vibrator.

She *Slap*
Societal egress and ennui
Hello / Goodbye / Just a moment / Nothing / Cosmic / Man / Dream / Civilization / Open / Contact / Tremble / Gas / Memory / Transcend / ^2

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:32 pm

Societal egress and ennui
Hello / Goodbye / Just a moment / Nothing / Cosmic / Man / Dream / Civilization / Open / Contact / Tremble / Gas / Memory / Transcend / ^2

HighlyIrregular

Post by HighlyIrregular » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:33 pm

Youtube videos of "cute" meows when the cat may be in distress. "Look how my cat greeted me when I came home after five days! It's saying it loves me!" No, it's saying fuck you! And I recently saw one with a stray cat that went up to a woman who feeds it sometimes and meowed non-stop, and what's the first thing she does? She pets it for like two minutes!

SomeInternetBloke
Formerly: Makes Sense

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:44 am

I've made a friend. I also ran into someone from 10 years ago and helped them out. Life is good! :)

Arrrr.... the admiral will be back a-gaaaain!

My friendship with Limey wasn't real. Moving on... :lol:

Still like the guy though. Now s-kraM!

That reddit monstrosity is annoying btw.
Last edited by SomeInternetBloke on Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

HighlyIrregular

Post by HighlyIrregular » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:33 am

Recent Google changes. No number of matches given. That's plain to see. But also, quoted phrases aren't treated as "must contain exact quote" unless you go into the search tools menu and select verbatim.

elfsprin

Post by elfsprin » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:50 pm

I posted a pic in a Facebook group about cats and a lot of people like it.

Facebook has now sent me over five notifications that ‘the next step for your popular post could be making a spin-off group !?!!?’

Like, why. Just why.
Attention is the rarest and purest form of generosity - Simone Weil

HighlyIrregular

Post by HighlyIrregular » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:03 pm

A website gave me 165 results spread over at least 10 pages with no way to list more per page. NOBODY would want just 10 per page!

HighlyIrregular

Post by HighlyIrregular » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:43 pm

Don't be surprised if Windows detects a virus when you open an MS Office app. I just got a surprise virus scan alert. Windows usually says no threats were found, but just now, after I opened MS Word, it found the threat PowEmotet.SB. I researched it and found:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/m ... positives/
Microsoft Defender scares admins with Emotet false positives
Windows system admins are reporting [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] that this is happening since updating Microsoft's enterprise endpoint security platform ..."We are seeing this detected for Excel, any Office app using MSIP.ExecutionHost.exe ( AIP Sensitivity Client ) and splwow64.exe," ...While Microsoft hasn't yet shared any info on what causes this, the most likely reason is that the company has increased the sensitivity for detecting Emotet-like behavior in updates released today, which makes Defender's generic behavioral detection engine too sensitive prone to false positives.

The change was likely prompted by the recent revival of the Emotet botnet from two weeks ago, after Emotet research group Cryptolaemus, GData, and Advanced Intel began seeing TrickBot dropping Emotet loaders on infected devices.

Even though this is almost surely not the real thing, the timing is definitely unfortunate with Emotet coming back and most Windows admins already on their toes.