Little Rants

Worldly and otherworldly topics
TeresaJ

Re: Little Rants

Post by TeresaJ » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:24 am

roki wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:08 am
this man ive been seeing told me he "kinda loves me," and although it feels nice, im gonna have to...exploit his weakness because im a lunatic
????

You're going to have to elaborate on this one, Roki.

Man? You're seeing? Weakness?? Lunacy?

roki

Post by roki » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:47 am

well for starters, i am never going to love him. he is obnoxious and we have nothing in common. he is idealizing me because he's lonely and im a narcissist magnet.

Works

Post by Works » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:20 pm

roki wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:47 am
well for starters, i am never going to love him. he is obnoxious and we have nothing in common. he is idealizing me because he's lonely and im a narcissist magnet.
You attract narcissists or you are a narcissist who attracts lonely people?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Post by Julius_Van_Der_Beak » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:25 pm

If you're dumb enough (or hateful enough) to vote for a reality TV show president with a demonstrated pattern of not having any actual beliefs to begin and a demonstrated pattern of ripping people off, I don't feel like your views are entitled to any respect.I don't mind people airing them, but I certainly should be free to give them shit for it even though *gasp* it causes conflict. Maybe I am a millennial snowflake, but even I don't think conflict is always a bad thing.

Limey

Post by Limey » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:13 pm

Pretty bad wind and rain here for the last few days. Yesterday, the exterior of the kitchen wall got blown off and fell onto the building next door (tile cladding) It almost pierced what looks like a gas line (could just be a vent) and there are three A/C units that might not work anymore come summer.

Also, and even more fun yesterday; A neighbour left his handbrake off and his Volvo rolled into my car, cracking the shroud and plastics around the license plate and marque.
He sneakily moved his car back into the spot and didn't leave a note. Another neighbour who says he almost got crushed taking his garbage out between the two facing cars sent photos to the whole building.
The Volvo owner, the next day admitted that his handbrake was off (big mistake) and that he saw no damage (lie) and that he left a note on my car in-case there was any issue (also a lie)

I've filed a police incident case and instructed my insurance company to have my car picked up for repair and a rental car provided, billing his insurance company. My insurance processing agency said that they wished every case was as simple as the other party admitting liability in writing like this, it was quite unusual. They said they didn't even need photos of the impact or damage (I had both, and sent them anyway) because of his admission. I hope the guy who picks up my car doesn't drive it like he stoeled it. They usually do.

Madrigal

Post by Madrigal » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:10 pm

@Limey, lots of crap happening, I would lie low for a few days until it passes. :?

I'm not sure how the exterior of a wall can fall off, is that some kind of Old World thing?

My rant is that I ate some oranges and have barely been able to talk for the past days because of the cankersores. Such a shame it's my favorite fruit.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Post by Julius_Van_Der_Beak » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:27 am

Madrigal wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:10 pm
@Limey, lots of crap happening, I would lie low for a few days until it passes. :?

??????

roki

Post by roki » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:28 am

one of the patients where i work gets bad cankersores every time he eats citrus. he also won't eat anything orange in color.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Post by Julius_Van_Der_Beak » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:29 am

roki wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:28 am
one of the patients where i work gets bad cankersores every time he eats citrus. he also won't eat anything orange in color.
I hope he doesn't vote for anyone orange. We don't need a Cheeto back in the White House.

I'm less worried about UFOs and more worried about the IFO, the Incredible Freaking Orange.
Last edited by Julius_Van_Der_Beak on Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Madrigal

Post by Madrigal » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:20 am

Julius_Van_Der_Beak wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:27 am
Madrigal wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:10 pm

??????
It's a superstition thing.