Little Rants

Worldly and otherworldly topics
Catoptric

Re: Little Rants

Post by Catoptric » Thu May 11, 2023 9:19 am

Tokyo: Stolen timepieces, trespassing teens: Police eye link between two crimes
https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news ... ries/2451/

Most expensive watches have serial numbers, so if any watches unaccounted for enter the market it should be relatively easy to find out where they went (assuming they might be connected to a larger crime ring since it appears some paid off their driver with some "freebies.") The idea they would overlook the more rare/valuable watches seems to suggest they had an ignorance about the watches (and from what it sounds like they were targeted independently and only knew one another as the heist was being carried out, so perhaps under duress and under some targeted and impressionable group found online, they thought they could get away with it and try to hide their tracks?)

The 30 watches they acquired might have been what the 3 were caught with and whoever the driver was left with a different vehicle from what was waiting for them? They swapped the license plate with a stolen vehicle to try and delay an investigation into the whereabouts of the (supposedly a rental with mismatched plates) vehicle while creating confusion (but only the one who orchestrated the heist would have better luck concealing their tracks?) The stolen vehicle with different plates would have probably been the other vehicle they would be looking for (and usually this modus operandi would stick out like a sore thumb if whoever is running it is doing this routinely?)

It generally seems pretty foolish, and considering the front of the building didn't seem to have broken windows, I'm wondering why people didn't get a chance to pile on them from inside the shop and keep them from leaving (at the very least, they could have tied something like a belt around the door handles on the front of the shop, or tripped them up.) A few people tried keeping the door closed instead of trying to wave a Police officer over, and I assume someone was calling the cops as they were watching it unfold (and for such an area I'm surprised Police weren't waiting on standby?)

Could a show like Tokyo Vice be encouraging such activity?

I noticed some fake Linkedin accounts requesting adding them, which might be tied to a job application some months prior (hence fake job listings.)

Researchers Say LinkedIn is Overrun with Fake, AI-Generated Profiles
https://petapixel.com/2022/03/29/resear ... -profiles/

"Allegedly"
This Man Tried To Cure His Back Pain By Injecting His Own Semen
https://allthatsinteresting.com/semen-injection

Andre Bing was questioned about his interaction with his subordinates by the Regional Manager 2 years before he shot up Walmart and still remained in his position.
https://nypost.com/2022/12/12/walmart-p ... -shooting/
Last edited by Catoptric on Sat May 13, 2023 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Societal egress and ennui
Hello / Goodbye / Just a moment / Nothing / Cosmic / Man / Dream / Civilization / Open / Contact / Tremble / Gas / Memory / Transcend / ^2

HighlyIrregular II
Formerly: BarII

Post by HighlyIrregular II » Fri May 12, 2023 5:18 am

In the last month I've posted two things to my Facebook profile/homepage/whatever it's called (I don't know because I don't blog...or whatever it's called) that were intended for a private group. It took weeks to find out. I had to view Facebook on the library desktop to see. I also saw two PMs sent by non-friends months earlier. My cell without the Facebook app doesn't notify me of those PMs.

And more problems with poor writing on important government forms. They need to give proctored aptitude tests to those who create forms. Poor writing by support too.

HighlyIrregular II

Post by HighlyIrregular II » Sat May 13, 2023 12:12 pm

My teeth hurt from my sinuses for the first time ever. I couldn't sleep. That was my excuse to eat ice cream. I think it helped.

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Sat May 13, 2023 8:44 pm

Wrecked Florida house lists for $650,000 and gets multiple offers
https://nypost.com/2023/05/09/wrecked-f ... le-offers/

HighlyIrregular II wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 12:12 pm
My teeth hurt from my sinuses for the first time ever. I couldn't sleep. That was my excuse to eat ice cream. I think it helped.
Don't forget that the reputation of Mountain Dew mouth is the result of not brushing after sugary crap, and people in their 20s lose all of their teeth simply by doing that.

You might want to get some kind of ionic mineral to gargle with, as it will gradually restore tooth enamel (don't use flouride.)
Hello / Goodbye / Just a moment / Nothing / Cosmic / Man / Dream / Civilization / Open / Contact / Tremble / Gas / Memory / Transcend / ^2

HighlyIrregular II

Post by HighlyIrregular II » Sat May 13, 2023 11:43 pm

Catoptric wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 8:44 pm
Your teeth are rotting
Nah, I had sneezy nose during the day. At first I thought the pain was from frequent sneezing and blowing itself and nothing to do with fluid dynamics A full tissue-box worth of blowing. But I researched it and it was probably clogged sinuses that resolved itself in a couple of hours. Just before getting back to bed I remembered Felix's honking. I blew my big chance to test its effectiveness.

I eat too much carbs but it's mostly in the form of whole grains and fruit. I don't eat candy or drink sweet drinks. I string and water floss after every meal. I recently started regularly using fluoride mouthwash again, after lunch. After breakfast and dinner I use antibacterial mouthwash. I brush three times a day, but after lunch I'm extra gentle.

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Wed May 17, 2023 6:53 am

Video summary:
A Walgreens contracted security guard is waiting at the bottom left by the door as a person dressed in a white shirt comes from the back area of the store and walks around the barricade separating shoppers entering from the right from those who are ready to pay on the left; while carrying a bag and attempting to leave. When they are wrestled to the ground, they get up and try to leave with the bag; walking backward in the process as the guard dopily pulls out a gun and shoots them as they stumble to the ground.

They were homeless and were one of many people in the San Francisco area who were likely turning to theft for subsistence.

Banko Brown shooting: Here’s every document and video released by the D.A.
https://www.sfchronicle.com/sf/article/ ... 099880.php

Video shows Walgreens guard killing trans organizer Banko Brown as he left store
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... uard-video

Though it's claimed Banko was threatening to stab the guard, they still somehow thought it was rational to start shooting them despite no knife being present in their hand or anywhere in their possession and not remaining in close proximity to the guard. For the District Attorney he probably knew of the issues that businesses in the area are facing with theft and can't do anything constructive with the homeless problem in the area, while many companies are shutting their doors as result of losses.

District Attorney Releases Video of Banko Brown Shooting at Walgreens, Won't File Charges Against Security Guard
https://www.kqed.org/news/11949558/dist ... frPOGyIBao

It's all down to business?

I'm trying to figure this one out: Two people were making false statements about the dissappearance of a college bartender driving from Georgia to Alabama to return to campus, and his remains have only now been found in his car 47 years later.

Did the two just make crap up because they thought they would get a payout if the body happened to turn up, or what the heck was the motive?

Student missing for 47 years finally found in car at bottom of canal
https://www.unilad.com/news/student-mis ... 7-20230221

"The two people were later accused of making false statements. While one was set free, the other pleaded guilty to two counts of making false statements and was sentenced to seven years and eight months behind bars."

Discovery of car belonging to Kyle Clinkscales, Auburn student missing since 1976, leaves many questions
https://www.al.com/news/2021/12/discove ... tions.html

Some people are just retarded dumb-trolls. My guess would be that they did somehow manage to kill him and drove the car and the body into a junk yard and eventually disposed of the car into a lake. It's possible as he was bartending he was followed after angering some retarded drunk who decided to catch up to him, or had him chased until he crashed into the river/lake (assuming he was unfamiliar with the area?) Either way it does seem pretty suspect though I don't know why anyone would get involved with the investigation unless they were suspects from the beginning?

Senseye

Post by Senseye » Wed May 17, 2023 2:51 pm

Catoptric wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 6:53 am

Though it's claimed Banko was threatening to stab the guard, they still somehow thought it was rational to start shooting them despite no knife being present in their hand or anywhere in their possession and not remaining in close proximity to the guard. For the District Attorney he probably knew of the issues that businesses in the area are facing with theft and can't do anything constructive with the homeless problem in the area, while many companies are shutting their doors as result of losses.
Although this seems excessive on the surface. I'm fine with the decision not to prosecute.

It seems the culture of lawlessness (really the culture of no accountability) has led to things deteriorating to this extent. People now believe if they are hard done by, they have a right to steal. Criminals expect a free pass and get offended if confronted, and often attack the person challenging them. So this culture/attitude needs to be reformed, and these types of incidents will likely happen until it is. It should not be the burden of low wage security guards to lead the charge, but if they do, they certainly should not be punished.

In this particular incident, if the thief had simply handed back the stolen property, I'm sure he would have walked away scot free with not even a misdemeanor charge. But he decided to start a fight, a poor choice which led to a disastrous outcome. 100% Banko's fault though.

HighlyIrregular II

Post by HighlyIrregular II » Thu May 18, 2023 2:03 am

Catoptric wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 9:19 am
"Allegedly"
This Man Tried To Cure His Back Pain By Injecting His Own Semen
https://allthatsinteresting.com/semen-injection
All he needs now is an egg injection. So I looked it up and there is one. Caviar though.
https://www.imbms.com/products/glutax-5 ... injections

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Thu May 18, 2023 9:07 am

Senseye wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 2:51 pm
Catoptric wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 6:53 am

Although this seems excessive on the surface. I'm fine with the decision not to prosecute.

It seems the culture of lawlessness (really the culture of no accountability) has led to things deteriorating to this extent. People now believe if they are hard done by, they have a right to steal. Criminals expect a free pass and get offended if confronted, and often attack the person challenging them. So this culture/attitude needs to be reformed, and these types of incidents will likely happen until it is. It should not be the burden of low wage security guards to lead the charge, but if they do, they certainly should not be punished.

In this particular incident, if the thief had simply handed back the stolen property, I'm sure he would have walked away scot free with not even a misdemeanor charge. But he decided to start a fight, a poor choice which led to a disastrous outcome. 100% Banko's fault though.
So the George Zimmernans of the world get to kill again?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Zimmerman

Similarly, this happened.
https://allthatsinteresting.com/latasha-harlins
Spoiler
Show
Judge Joyce Karlin gave Soon Ja Du a $500 dollar fine and 400 hours of community service after Ja Du was convicted of manslaughter, saying "It is not a time for revenge. It should be a time for healing." A week later, she sentenced a man to a month in jail for kicking a dog.

Senseye

Post by Senseye » Thu May 18, 2023 8:52 pm

No, because neither of those people were committing a crime when confronted despite what their confronters might have thought. Their actions played no role in what happened to them (i.e. picking up a product in a retail store or walking through a neighborhood are perfectly reasonable, common, and legal activities).

As such, they were innocents, killed by others using poor judgement. There should have been more severe consequences for those using poor judgment that took innocent lives.

Banko was clearly committing a crime, and then escalated it to violence by starting a fight. He instigated everything and as such, I see him as the author of his own demise. I still consider it poor judgement on the part of the security guard to shoot Banko, but Banko was no innocent and it was his poor judgement that led to the violent and stressful situation which resulted in the security guards actions.