Little Rants

Worldly and otherworldly topics
Catoptric

Re: Little Rants

Post by Catoptric » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:50 pm

Hear CNN's full interview with IOC's Dick Pound on Peng Shuai's situation

Talking about Rape with Dick Pound, reminds me of when Lady Gaga talked about rape with Joe Biden (and I must have imagined him sniffing her hair?)

Also, Nelson Mandela was on a terrorist watch list until 2008.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/us-g ... 2d11708787

Also, a guy in his mobility scooter posed a danger to a pussy off-duty cop who trailed him into the parking lot at Walmart while working security, and went full retard by shooting him 9 times.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tucson-pol ... y-scooter/

Just because the geezer said you have to shoot him to see his receipt, and because he kept a knife for self defense, does not pose a fucking threat. If anything he could probably not even get his scooter into the vehicle, nevertheless the toolbox he allegedly stole.

It was worth it though, as I suppose he could pull a Kyle Rittenhouse and become a hero? His last name was Remington so I guess he had a legacy to live up to? "Neutralized" the "threat."

The Wisconsin school shooter had his father buy him the gun he was using just the week before
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-test ... 00-10aaa3b

During the 70s a redheaded girl was shooting upon an elementary school across the street from her as the Principal was opening the gate for the children to enter; when all she wanted was a radio for Christmas (she believed her father bought it for her knowing she was depressed, and when the Police entered the house the entirety of it was littered with empty booze bottles.)
https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/ne ... story.html

Shithole parents make for crappy kids.
Societal egress and ennui
Hello / Goodbye / Just a moment / Nothing / Cosmic / Man / Dream / Civilization / Open / Contact / Tremble / Gas / Memory / Transcend / ^2

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:15 am

Woman who sued mom’s doctor claiming she never should have been born wins millions
https://nypost.com/2021/12/01/woman-who ... wins-case/

"It's estimated that taking folic acid supplements before you conceive and while you're pregnant may prevent up to 7 out of 10 cases of neural tube defects, such as spina bifida."

(Hypothetically) I wouldn't need to consult a Doctor to know to take folic acid before/during pregnancy, but if they were deficient in it then the Doctor should be held liable for neglecting to inform her of taking the easily accessible supplement, as otherwise getting spina bifida was probably not entirely expected (nor entirely preventable.)

It's not as if it's one-size-fits all, nor is it known exactly how taking it prevents it (but the Doctor was a bit stupid for not suggesting it and only suggesting "lots of sex." It reminds me of a Pediatritian that told some new parents on an elevator that their child was a Mongoloid (Downs Syndrome. . .) Some of these Doctors are a bit out of touch, though even then it seems like people want to assume that they should always blame someone and not realize that "shit happens," much as if they don't want to blame other factors such as consumer goods or "dieting" (vs a good diet) as causing long term health repercussions which people really can't go back over an earlier time and actually point the finger at what caused something.

I suspect that Kenosha Police were complicit in allowing a roving militia to do what they did. It's akin to when Bush Jr had Blackwater getting paid to then try and curtail rules of engagement (kind of like--how convenient it would be--with Vietnam and the Mai Lai massacre, and being able to blame the incident on a "bad hire" rather than government-sanctioned practices?

https://vidmid.com/news/welp-kyle-ritte ... uid=288482
Hello / Goodbye / Just a moment / Nothing / Cosmic / Man / Dream / Civilization / Open / Contact / Tremble / Gas / Memory / Transcend / ^2

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:12 pm

Lauren Boebert has offered an internship to Kyle Rittenhouse, after being elected into Congress where she also plans on carrying her sidearm. Her restaurants were staffed with open carry waitresses, who if maintain the same "safety practices" as their basic hygiene, are likely to also end up killing themselves with a loaded pistol.

Just observe how Lauren Boebert cocks her gun while holstering it. . . (plus, they have arrest warrants.)
https://nypost.com/2021/01/16/gop-rep-l ... _6HQhvrcqQ

https://www.thedailybeast.com/qanon-cur ... s-diarrhea

She gave diarrhea to people attending a rodeo while supplying pork sliders, and her various restaurants have had a reputation of closing probably for similar reasons. The fact she was elected after not continuing her focus on the restaurant business, is probably a good indication of where this government is heading.

elfsprin

Post by elfsprin » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:38 pm

Catoptric wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:12 pm
Lauren Boebert has offered an internship to Kyle Rittenhouse
*laughs in despair*
Attention is the rarest and purest form of generosity - Simone Weil

HighlyIrregular
Formerly: BarIII

Post by HighlyIrregular » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:19 pm

$40 and counting in drain opener down the bathroom drain.

I think I'll be trying pouring boiling water down the drain for multiple days in a row. The place that sells acid is inconvenient.

I can get it unclogged pretty easily, but it gets slow fast then eventually clogs again.

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:44 am

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -park.html

Notre Dame in Paris is being turned into a (not literal) theme park?

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:15 am

Joel Osteen was committing an insurance scam by claiming loss on $600,000 for theft (which only he would have had access to.) I'm wondering if he had the bathroom remodeled to shine doubt on accusations of fraud (but explaining such a thing probably reflects on his inability to rationalize his bullshit, as his dumb ass couldn't even pass seminary school.)

It reminds me of a 2014 documentary called, 'The Millionaire Preacher: Reggie Yates' [the host presents] Extreme South Africa' where "Preacher"/'Prophet,' named Paseka Motsoeneng, goes by Prophet Mboro. According to Wikipedia, this year he was defaulting on loan payments and was losing his church (after taking advantage of the congregation.) Of course, enough dumb people will still support them. This is just a reiteration of 2018 when he nearly had his car repossessed (which is worth about as much as he spent several times a week at a clothing shop in that 2014 documentary.)

2018 car
https://www.sowetanlive.co.za/sundaywor ... ashy-ride/

Googling recent events reflects on his needing his congregation to make him save face from the accusations he has defaulted.

Spartan26

Post by Spartan26 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:49 am

Took a little drive to go to a college hoops game. Wanted to avoid traffic so I left early. My plan was to work in the school's library until a little before tip-off, then throw my comp in the trunk. Welp, covid rules meant only students would be allowed in the library. Then, since it was finals, most of the restaurants on campus were closed. Had to walk all over to finally find a spot and when I got there, I could only use the comp and tracking pad. I had brought my keyboard & mouse cuz it not only makes life easier but I could feel the caporal tunnel kicking in from all the weird angle keystrokes that I use and I'll admit, bad form of resting my hands.

Then the game itself was horrible. One team played like a high schoolers, the other team fouling like wack-a-mole. Poor officiating. And just bad. What a waste of time, money, gas, my eye cells, you name it. Took forever to get out of there cuz my friend extending small talk into full blown, inane Ted Talks. We finally get to a restaurant and I'm borderline hangry at that point. Oh yeah, I didn't have anything before cuz the stupid burger king didn't accept phone apps?! I didn't buy anything out of protest. Showed them! But we sit down and are told first, last call will be in 20 mins. Then come back while still trying to get the menus to open on our phones and are told, kitchen's closing in 5, need to get your order in. I got my meal, somewhat happy with my choice but felt so rushed, even though we found out that even if it's past happy hour and kitchen being shutdown, we (everyone already in) could stay another 90 mins. It was just a crappy afternoon/evening.

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:20 pm

The "unhackable phone" company that John McAffee worked on prior to "getting bored" and leaving the company to do illegal stuff (which probably explains his obsession with crypto) was hacked and lead to arrests of criminals. This kind of thing likely explains why McAffee carried a gun on him along with the constant paranoia (and any idiot that thinks it didn't catch up to his world being turned upside down and alleges that he was murdered is a complete dunce.)

https://www.vice.com/en/article/k7wbgv/ ... VeRZD-iByQ

HighlyIrregular
Formerly: BarIII

Post by HighlyIrregular » Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:52 am

I had to take a test on Indeed after applying for a job. I botched one customer service question for sure, in hindsight. I needlessly rushed it a little. And I brain froze on a later one and ran out of time. I knew that later one too, I think I was just stressed from it being so many back to back timed questions in a row.