djm
Formerly: djm

Re: Roll Call 2021

Post by djm » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:32 pm

Madrigal wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:33 am
starla wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:31 am
I hope this shit catches on. If everybody move to facebook, I'm out.
The worst thing about FB is that it's the place where people go to never talk to each other again.
It's the introverts friend. I use it mostly to avoid family (if I know when things are happening I can make sure I have a reason not to be there).

C.J.Woolf

Post by C.J.Woolf » Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:52 am

djm wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:32 pm
Madrigal wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:33 am
starla wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:31 am
I hope this shit catches on. If everybody move to facebook, I'm out.
The worst thing about FB is that it's the place where people go to never talk to each other again.
It's the introverts friend. I use it mostly to avoid family (if I know when things are happening I can make sure I have a reason not to be there).
Ha! It reminds me of Allied convoys using ULTRA to avoid the U-boats. :-)

Ferrus

Post by Ferrus » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:00 am

I am permabanned from FB so no dice there.
Ex falso, quodlibet

Madrigal

Post by Madrigal » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:20 am

Ferrus wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:00 am
How did you manage that? About time you showed up! :hi:

Ferrus

Post by Ferrus » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:23 am

Madrigal wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:20 am
Ferrus wrote:
Multiple accounts they discovered I all own. They even pre-emptively ban new ones I create.
Ex falso, quodlibet

djm

Post by djm » Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:06 pm

Ferrus wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:23 am
Madrigal wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:20 am
Ferrus wrote:
Multiple accounts they discovered I all own. They even pre-emptively ban new ones I create.
Didn't know that was a problem. I have several for work, as wanted Arabic, Malay and Romanian pages so we could put local language content on.

Nice to see you on here anyway. Hows Spain treating you?

Madrigal

Post by Madrigal » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:05 pm

djm wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:06 pm

Didn't know that was a problem. I have several for work, as wanted Arabic, Malay and Romanian pages so we could put local language content on.
I assumed it's a no-no since he's tampering with the product FB sells - his data. Maybe it's different when it's for business purposes.

Ferrus

Post by Ferrus » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:17 pm

djm wrote:
I was surprised to see you back on so quickly. Seems there was something about the old forum that was just putting people off.

And as for where I am.. well there are worse places to be stuck in for a year - so I guess I can count my fortune in this pandemic. Restaurants and bars, which are quite a big part of Spanish culture - there are more hostelries per capita than anywhere else on earth - have largely remained open except for the deepest parts of lockdown, though at times only sitting outside in the terraces, which when the weather is nice (all but maybe 1 or 2 months of the year) is no hardship.

Still haven't had my honeymoon though. I had a ticket to Japan that was cancelled. Hopefully it will be possible to do it late this year or early next year.
Ex falso, quodlibet

djm

Post by djm » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:46 pm

Ferrus wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:17 pm
djm wrote:
I was surprised to see you back on so quickly. Seems there was something about the old forum that was just putting people off.

And as for where I am.. well there are worse places to be stuck in for a year - so I guess I can count my fortune in this pandemic. Restaurants and bars, which are quite a big part of Spanish culture - there are more hostelries per capita than anywhere else on earth - have largely remained open except for the deepest parts of lockdown, though at times only sitting outside in the terraces, which when the weather is nice (all but maybe 1 or 2 months of the year) is no hardship.

Still haven't had my honeymoon though. I had a ticket to Japan that was cancelled. Hopefully it will be possible to do it late this year or early next year.
I think the chitty telling me about the move just coincided with me having a spell where I can't travel and could use the distraction. I've been very busy building my life and work back (and I do have workaholic tendancies), been travelling maybe 20 weeks a year, managing rapid growth, trying to get on to of my research (been publishing some interesting papers) and been time poor. Covid has helped calm things down a little and given me some space. Also the other place had more people I never had time to build a rapport with, whereas here a lot of the old crowd are here.

Must say I was surprised (in a good way) to see you got married - congrats.

Saw the rep comment. Yeah we sold my place in the lakes and As house to help fund buying the Hall. Should be final home, has everything we need.

elfsprin

Post by elfsprin » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:14 am

Spartan26 wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:32 pm
elfsprin wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:53 am
[*] I'm in service to a Professional Dominatrix and am a well-known Domme myself in the area, as I perform in public shows at multiple venues
POIDH
No phones or photos allowed at bdsm events except at the optional photo booth; consent is sexy and mandatory. You can google Kinky Friday or Bondage-a-go-go/The Dungeon at Ground Zero to see the events I perform(ed and hopefully again post vaccines) at. Kinky Friday has the better promo photos on facebook. Mistress Mara is my Pro Domme <3 Sweet Pea is a good friend; I definitely recommend looking up her burlesque acts online if you're at all interested in that kind of thing.

Maddy I'd be happy to start a thread and answer and and all questions about bdsm. I do love reliving my scenes of yore verbally.
Attention is the rarest and purest form of generosity - Simone Weil