Little Raves

Worldly and otherworldly topics
HighlyIrregular II
Formerly: BarII

Re: Little Raves

Post by HighlyIrregular II » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:36 pm

I just got good results from blood tests that I ordered. Direct-to-consumer tests, without having a doctor except one who ordered the tests, which isn't legal in the previous state I lived in. First time in probably over 15 years that I had a blood test. I have a gene that raises my bad cholesterol between 5 and 25 percent, and my bad cholesterol is in the borderline high range because of it. My total cholesterol is 214. Unlike a close relative with the same genetic issue, my numbers don't warrant drugs. I'm just making some changes like not eating the giblets that come with the chicken and sticking to 1% low fat milk instead of alternating between 1 and 2. So, between the complete blood count, comprehensive metabolic panel, and lipid panel, just my total cholesterol and LDL got flagged. Maybe I'll wait 30 years for my next blood test.

JohnClay

Post by JohnClay » Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:17 am

About "you know". When I started university I eventually was seeing a campus psychologist for depression. I said "you know" at some point and he said "no I don't know". Around that time he also said he wanted to put a rocket under me. A book called "Talk Language" also discouraged the use of "you know". I noticed some movies/shows used "you know". I also use it from time to time and it feels pretty good.

HighlyIrregular
Formerly: BarIII

Post by HighlyIrregular » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:02 pm

I'm glad I never had the drive to say "you know" or "right." I'm not a "buddy" or "chief" guy either. I believe you could define a personality type on use of those words alone.

DJ Drug Problem
Formerly: DJ Fresh Produce

Post by DJ Drug Problem » Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:26 pm

After two decades I have successfully deduced which girls in college just wanted me to take advantage of them so they could dispose of me later without guilt. Great success!