Little Raves

Worldly and otherworldly topics
JohnClay

Re: Little Raves

Post by JohnClay » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:52 am

SomeInternetBloke wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:35 am
JohnClay I think this is way cool. Unfortunately the wannabe engineer in me visited the website that says, "60 microchips and 27 servo motors"
Apparently RoboDog and MarsCat only have 16 servos each. I'm not sure about Aibo. BTW an articulated non-transforming Optimus Prime figure is $480. There are about 30 companies that make "third party" transformers (unique transforms) that can cost up to $500 each.
and read their patent/s (you have to translate them to English), which blatantly announce the tech as simple and it is because the parts are cheap. At $699 you'd think the thing'd do more than be a rip off from previous versions with a bonus bluetooth connection.
It's good how it goes the extra mile and has lots of lights, can drive, speech recognition, etc. It would be clever how all of the motors are controlled and powered with some thin hinge joints...
Still nostalgic if you're in to that sort of thing.
It is way better than the original though:
It is a lot more posable. Recent transformers (and "third party" ones) have begun to resemble the cartoons a lot better. (like the chest and belt of Optimus Prime in the new toy) In the original you had to pull off the hands and store them in the windscreen of the truck.
Last edited by JohnClay on Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

SomeInternetBloke
Formerly: Makes Sense

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:55 am

Oh cool JohnClay I didn't even bother to identify that old version. Well then, right on!
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

rincon
Formerly: rincon

Post by rincon » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:33 pm

Limey wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:53 pm
rincon wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:58 pm
I found this tech intriguing but after only a cursory amount of research discovered some pretty alarming reviews, including security/privacy issues, pervasive ads, payment issues and general corporate fuckery. Ugh. Does this match your experience?
No. I had a quick look at reviews again since last time. Whining cunts!
It's amazing, next generation technology that uses an AI GAN (learning based artificial intelligence) and they're all complaining that you only get 5 a day and have to watch an ad to get them, or that the subscription (unlimited enhances, scratch removals, colourising, animation etc) -"only" includes 5 pro cards. I don't give a fuck about pro cards, I get to convert pictures to a quality better than I could do manually with hours of painstaking clone brushing and layering in about 15 minutes using fuzzy logic.
Huh, ok, cool. I trust/appreciate your evaluations of stuff like this (i.e. tech, online/security, etc). I haven't tried it yet myself, I probably will at some point.

horvack

Post by horvack » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:15 pm

Limey wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:02 pm

edit: I can't seem to hotlink to my hosting here, so here's the direct, supposedly broken link from above:

http://writtenpolicy.com/d-restore.jpg
I'm sure you know, but I found this amusing:

Limey

Post by Limey » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:31 pm

horvack wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:15 pm
Limey wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:02 pm

edit: I can't seem to hotlink to my hosting here, so here's the direct, supposedly broken link from above:

http://writtenpolicy.com/d-restore.jpg
I'm sure you know, but I found this amusing:

Oh yeah, it's an old site used for phishing and other hosting that needed to sound legit many moons ago. I only use it here now. I've finally buckled to the peer pressure of this forum not hotlinking without a cert and assigned a certificate to it.

Posted elsewhere:

jyng1

Post by jyng1 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:41 am

Ferrus

Post by Ferrus » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:24 pm

For some reason I had never seen this sketch before.
Ex falso, quodlibet

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Post by Julius_Van_Der_Beak » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:20 am

Got my George Soros/Bill Gates microchip put in yesterday (the first one), and also got my haircut for the first time in nine months. I am really glad of being able to walk without hair getting in my eyes.

starjots

Post by starjots » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:03 am

It's nice to see everyone alive and doing well in person post vaccination. Well worth driving 3500 miles.

last_caress

Post by last_caress » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:30 am

Julius_Van_Der_Beak wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:20 am
Got my George Soros/Bill Gates microchip put in yesterday (the first one), and also got my haircut for the first time in nine months. I am really glad of being able to walk without hair getting in my eyes.

"Once you put Bill Gates into your body he never comes out." quoth a youtuber on a vax video.