Little Raves

Worldly and otherworldly topics
djm
Formerly: djm

Re: Little Raves

Post by djm » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:35 am

Popped in to the local shop to get something this morning and they now sell All day breakfast Scotch eggs, with black pudding in with the sausage layer - yummy. That and an espresso makes a splendid start to the day.

last_caress

Post by last_caress » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:37 pm

HighlyIrregular
Formerly: BarIII

Post by HighlyIrregular » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:41 am

Toast and butter is one of my favorite foods and underappreciated.

Madrigal

Post by Madrigal » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:47 pm

HighlyIrregular wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:41 am
Toast and butter is one of my favorite foods and underappreciated.
Butter is great but I'll even settle for some nice hot bread. It's heaven. Ask the French, they made a revolution over it.

Ferrus

Post by Ferrus » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:32 pm

Madrigal wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:47 pm
Butter is great but I'll even settle for some nice hot bread. It's heaven. Ask the French, they made a revolution over it.
Must have been brioche or croissants...
Ex falso, quodlibet

jyng1

Post by jyng1 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:54 pm

Ferrus wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:32 pm
Madrigal wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:47 pm
Must have been brioche or croissants...
Sounds a bit of a pain...

SomeInternetBloke
Formerly: Makes Sense

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Sat May 15, 2021 11:51 am

Move over kiwi tough guy! Who can't drive a car *all your friends snickering plus that girl you can't stand cause she caught you dislodging a booger but you denied it* (tsk tsk honesty bro).

Goes neighborhood door knocking in a propeller cap. "Hallo, I've officially enjoyed Norwegian humor."
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

ashi

Post by ashi » Sat May 15, 2021 12:24 pm

I just sold over $1000 worth of trading cards, because the world has gone mad and people are camping outside stores, fighting, and pulling guns over little pieces of cardboard.

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Sat May 15, 2021 9:50 pm

ashi wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 12:24 pm
I just sold over $1000 worth of trading cards, because the world has gone mad and people are camping outside stores, fighting, and pulling guns over little pieces of cardboard.
Hey Ashasaurus rex who's been smashin the trading card competition. Good job! Know anything about making money with money? I got $500 smackaroonies I'm looking to invest. :blush:
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Mon May 17, 2021 10:11 pm

unguaranteed investments: collectibles, crypto, stock market shares are too volatile.

precious metals maintain their value better than other investments.

it might be why in 20019 when I went to visit dear old Dad for the funeral his bullion bricks had suspiciously disappeared.

I'm probably gonna do what I often do and visit a church website located in Southern California and give a $100 donation to their audio/visual department. There's a pastor who runs the production studio stuff who trained me on audio and camera equipment.

Collecting stuff is interesting.

What do others collect?

I collect baseball caps, boxer briefs, and comics located in several boxes somewhere around the pad. I was going to collect stamps after I received a Soviet-era stamp on a letter snuck across the Berlin Wall. Or so the Speaker who gave it to me said.

Btw, I like to set goals i.e. mini announcements for making reviews teas or posting art of surrealism architecture or whatever is because it forces me to develop my planning ability. I'll have to show off my comics in the future because it's something to do.