Little Raves

Worldly and otherworldly topics
Madrigal

Re: Little Raves

Post by Madrigal » Fri May 21, 2021 11:12 pm

I wore actual leather boots today for the first time since 2019 and it was amazing.

Ferrus

Post by Ferrus » Wed May 26, 2021 1:08 am

https://thesocietypages.org/socimages/2 ... ustworthy/#

This article on cultural differences on "ask the audience" in Who Wants to be a Millionaire

"If they [French audiences] think the player ought to know the answer they give the wrong response, apparently thinking the contestant deserves to lose if they’re so stupid." :lol:
Ex falso, quodlibet

ashi

Post by ashi » Wed May 26, 2021 3:03 am

Madrigal wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 11:12 pm
I wore actual leather boots today for the first time since 2019 and it was amazing.
:no:

Madrigal

Post by Madrigal » Thu May 27, 2021 9:29 pm

ashi wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 3:03 am
Madrigal wrote:
I've been wearing running shoes since the pandemic started. It does one's legs no favors, lol. I always liked heels and especially the feel of leather boots. :ph34r: Are you vegan?

ashi

Post by ashi » Fri May 28, 2021 11:34 am

Madrigal wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 9:29 pm
ashi wrote:
Madrigal wrote:
I've been wearing running shoes since the pandemic started. It does one's legs no favors, lol. I always liked heels and especially the feel of leather boots. :ph34r: Are you vegan?
You are really putting the work in to shatter my ridiculous mental image of you, aren't you. :lol:

Madrigal

Post by Madrigal » Sat May 29, 2021 12:05 am

ashi wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 11:34 am
Madrigal wrote:
ashi wrote:
Madrigal wrote:
You are really putting the work in to shatter my ridiculous mental image of you, aren't you. :lol:
Do you know that when you never take your heels off, you could suffer a temporary muscular atrophy of the legs whereby walking in running shoes tugs excruciatingly on your calves after only a block or two? It feels similar to a normal person trying to walk on their heels with their feet pointing up in the air. That's what I heard, anyway. :ph34r:

ashi

Post by ashi » Sat May 29, 2021 1:00 am

Madrigal wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 12:05 am
ashi wrote:
Madrigal wrote:
ashi wrote:
Madrigal wrote:
Do you know that when you never take your heels off, you could suffer a temporary muscular atrophy of the legs whereby walking in running shoes tugs excruciatingly on your calves after only a block or two? It feels similar to a normal person trying to walk on their heels with their feet pointing up in the air. That's what I heard, anyway. :ph34r:
Oh, I hate heels. Aside from my brief chunky boot period, I have only ever worn simple, flat shoes. Generally guided by the thinking that anything you can't run in isn't worth wearing. My current fav being Lem's for a range of uninteresting reasons.

Even though they changed their manufacturing/sizing and now I don't know what to order because my dumb ass never figured out what I wear in US sizes. But that is a different thread!

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Post by Julius_Van_Der_Beak » Sat May 29, 2021 4:44 am

Mutual aid. :)

SomeInternetBloke
Formerly: Makes Sense

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:18 am

ashi wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 1:00 am
Madrigal wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 12:05 am
ashi wrote:
Madrigal wrote:
ashi wrote:
Madrigal wrote:
Oh, I hate heels. Aside from my brief chunky boot period, I have only ever worn simple, flat shoes. Generally guided by the thinking that anything you can't run in isn't worth wearing. My current fav being Lem's for a range of uninteresting reasons.

Even though they changed their manufacturing/sizing and now I don't know what to order because my dumb ass never figured out what I wear in US sizes. But that is a different thread!
Mind posting a photo of what the internet say's are comfy Lem's footwear? Also, - random, but topically-adjacent query - you know any self-defense (please don't say google-fu!)? My sister learned some and it pays when visiting ... everywhere.

P.S. My week's been busy with school and being the clumsiest of our two genders...

Last week I inadvertently ghosted the director of my college social club. Just missed a meeting. It was the third or fourth time. We share the same nose, but she's a 28-year-old, a crop-cut redhead and charming lady who identifies as lesbian. Anway, "red' tried recruiting me for an on-campus project I'd initially shown interest in because it offered leadership training. Which could decorate my future resumes or job/college applications quite nicely. But the project was ministering to rowdy people on a secular campus.

Church/religious experience tells me that such conversations operating out-of-context (my college) are like restricting text-preferring introverts (i.e., HighlyIrregular) to a single medium of verbal dialogue. Televangelism is popular for a reason! It offers remote access to the church ministerial experience, the higher power et cetera, without having to publically apologize for/defend the status of personal faith.

I mostly just liked 'red's personality. I'm projecting a lil for sure in favoring her for our 2 similarities. But wouldn't have shown up to meeting #2 if she weren't conversant in conveying cheer via zoom without ambiguous non-verbals. Real cool customer. Yeah, InterVarsity Christian fellowship is definitely a social experiment. Way more compromise than I'm comfortable with. If I did it again, my response would be a counter-proposal of some health-based program of broader use for the local Hispanic community.

Anyway, I too am growing to prefer optimizing coordination for comfort versus normative compliance with social conventions. A post celebrating the good and discarding the bad. Not sure it works, but I've no time for what is of no use. The sands of time continuing to empty out our dials and such.
Last edited by SomeInternetBloke on Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

ashi

Post by ashi » Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:44 am

SomeInternetBloke wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:18 am
Mind posting a photo of what the internet say's are comfy Lem's footwear?
Sure, but I just grabbed it from the website.
black3_6498cf49-85a4-4da2-9488-d704cad1bca3_1024x1024.jpg
black3_6498cf49-85a4-4da2-9488-d704cad1bca3_1024x1024.jpg (114.25 KiB) Viewed 13405 times
Also, - random, but topically-adjacent query - you know any self-defense (please don't say google-fu!)?
No worries, I use ddg.