What's going on in your city/country/region?

Worldly and otherworldly topics
jyng1

Re: What's going on in your city/country/region?

Post by jyng1 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:42 am

Who ever is right, one things for sure, it's going to be a Great Morning Britain.

Madrigal

Post by Madrigal » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:18 am

djm wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:50 pm

Watching two ludicrously privileged people whine about being down to their last $20m and having to pay for security is annoying in the extreme.
I saw an article entitled Prince Harry Finally Takes On White Privilege: His Own and was about to Roll On Floor Laughing when I realized it wasn't supposed to be funny.

Dude, you're a fucking prince. I think we're well past the point of white privilege here.

Ferrus

Post by Ferrus » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:41 am

I try to avoid any new information on the Saxe-Coburg and Gotha family soap opera. I remember whilst everyone else was watching the nonsense that was Princess Diana's funeral I was playing this at full blast:

Although I was forced to watch a few minutes by my parents as it was 'historic'.
Ex falso, quodlibet

jyng1

Post by jyng1 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:36 am

It's gonna be 2 all in the 'murica's cup in about 10 minutes. Quite exciting racing.

Dorkland went back into Level One this afternoon as well, so the bars and cafes are pretty happy.

Chaselation

Post by Chaselation » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:02 am

I take it as "news flash" old people are a bit overtly racist. You have to be very naïve to not expect that or not know what you are getting into. To go on a tone deaf rant about it in a forum with more money then god folk is just contemptible. Hold your cards make a change... It's poor me bullshit.

djm
Formerly: djm

Post by djm » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:44 am

This week in the UK there has been a high profile murder. In my country murder is still rare enough to be national news, leastways when it happens outside of gangs. This one was of a young woman that was walking home through a park in London, when she disappeared. What is notable about this case is that the young woman was killed by a serving police officer (not on duty), seemingly abetted by his wife. This is obviously yet to be decided in a court, but that is how it is being reported, and the people in question have been arrested. I think everybody can agree that this is horrible.

As has become normal of late in the UK, a bunch of radicals are using the vent to whip up unrest. This time it the 49% of the country that are male that are the target. Trending on the various 'social media' platforms are all sorts of sexist assertions. Apparently, all men are responsible for this act, because one man committed a crime.

The bandwagon has followed the normal woke pattern.

1. Horrible event, and laudable cause - women should be safe on the streets.
2. Unreasonable solution demanded and agitated for on Twitter etc. In this case males should be removed from the streets.
3. characterisation of any that do not agree with 2. to be mysogenists that want women to be murdered.

That radicals would make this assertion is nothing new, but the fact that people in positions of authority would react to it is worrying. The Welsh regional government, which is controlled by a hard leftist faction of the Labour party is actually touting a curfew for men in Wales.

To paint half the country as culpable for the behaviour of one miscreant in a neighbouring nation is outrageous. It is hard to feel sorry for the Welsh, as they voted in these idiots. I suspect that come the next election there the Tory's will gain a lot of ground if they take an anti-woke stance.

What is also concerning is the willingness of men to take on a cringing apologist stance for something that is fictional, ie. the assertion that all men are in some way responsible for the behaviour of any man. The donning of a hair shirt is de rigueur here now.

jyng1

Post by jyng1 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:35 am

Shit, Team New Zealand in the second race of the afternoon... we're in his jet wash!!!!

Getting my monies worth today.

jyng1

Post by jyng1 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:43 am

Fuck, two kilometres behind and now a klick and a half ahead. Luna Rossa dead in displacement and can't get out.

jyng1

Post by jyng1 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:46 pm

Could be the last day today; best of seven and we're 5 to 3... 11 knots forecast this afternoon.

ashi

Post by ashi » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:24 pm

jyng1 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:46 pm
Could be the last day today; best of seven and we're 5 to 3... 11 knots forecast this afternoon.

I should very much like a version of this where in place of the boats it is someone resembling my fat noni shouting to ADD MORE SALT TO THE SAUCE. The whole of Prahova you could grind up into a pot and still this woman would cry for yet more salt. Anyway, I hate salt and it is snowing here again.