Worldly and otherworldly topics
jyng1

Re: Post your bookshelf

Post by jyng1 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:01 am

Ferrus wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:18 pm
jyng1 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:00 am
After the 8.1 earthquake on Raoul Island in the Kermadecs. The rangers had been away since last year because of covid but were due to be dropped off a week or so ago. Their drop off by the navy was delayed because Auckland went back into Level 3 for 7 days. The Met Service went and had a look today.

They mainly look like a bunch of books you'd find in the bargain bucket of a secondhand book store or a charity shop.
Or a hut that houses 5 rangers for 6 months at a time on a rock 1,500 kms from anywhere in the Pacific ocean... I was actually pretty impressed the hut was still standing. There's a lot to be said for wooden framed and clad buildings with a corrugated iron roof.

HighlyIrregular
Formerly: BarIII

Post by HighlyIrregular » Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:44 pm

My way-too-old and overloaded particleboard desk was going to collapse and kill be one day so I replaced it with steel shelves. Here's one shelf. The old particleboard one was packed end to end with magazines and catalogs (not shown) for a long time. I calculated the weight and the load ratings for particleboard and I don't know how it held up. It was even separating from the sides.
Attachments
shelf-old-new.jpg
shelf-old-new.jpg (61.63 KiB) Viewed 2372 times

SomeInternetBloke
Formerly: Makes Sense

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:38 am

Here's my libary guys. :read: :pipe:
https://imgur.com/a/RxwaaBw
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

SomeInternetBloke
Formerly: Makes Sense

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:42 am

Stay tuned for a massive haul of my comic books collection. I'll be going into great detail about the origin story of all modern-day comics traced back to the golden age where it all started. :lol: (aka I'll only post a lousy snap-shot of what keeps nerds busy who've loved picture books since diapers)

Fun trivia: the creator of Kabuki Warrior has bipolar 2 disorder. He's crazier than me. I had to have it when I found out (some time in the early '00s or whenever I was self-(mis)diagnosing).
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi