What are you listening to?

Worldly and otherworldly topics
SomeInternetBloke
Formerly: Makes Sense

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:41 pm

Once a day, for the soul getaway
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:35 pm

"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:15 pm

Cali-harm-ya (these errors are so embarrassing. I'm gonna start over and hope to be reincarnated. don't mourn my absence)
Last edited by SomeInternetBloke on Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:59 pm

We Saw Nuns Kill Children: The Ghosts of St. Joseph’s Catholic Orphanage
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ch ... st-josephs

It has a 2+ hour reading of the article (which would probably be much faster just to read, but listening to it allows you to absorb the story.)
Societal egress and ennui
Hello / Goodbye / Just a moment / Nothing / Cosmic / Man / Dream / Civilization / Open / Contact / Tremble / Gas / Memory / Transcend / ^2

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:58 am

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:43 am

I feel like I'm being probed by something. . .

During an ice storm (Dallas in February) I could still receive cell reception and this was one of the songs that played (it was actually a German audience played more recently.) I happened to start a recorder (new Zoom H4n) and was just documenting some of the Police sirens and strange absence of any noise which seemed very surreal, especially considering Covid had taken it's toll on how day-to-day life was.) I had been experimenting with a shortwave radio I hadn't used for awhile and was thinking it was something from that, though the only thing I could pull up was rather uninteresting (though one thing that stood out was the commentary from a somewhat local broadcast about how more affluent areas never had any blackouts which seemed almost like genocide of poorer communities where more vulnerable people would end up dying from not having options for heat.)

It reminds me of a music video that's similar, though it suggested an alien race that abducts young people from different eras and then uses their bodies to incarnate into; and one of them resembled a young Mozart with a white wig (though probably wasn't a Mozart, but rather an affluent youth from the 1700s.)

Since I can't find that right now I'm going to play something similar to the previous song.
Hello / Goodbye / Just a moment / Nothing / Cosmic / Man / Dream / Civilization / Open / Contact / Tremble / Gas / Memory / Transcend / ^2

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:45 am

DJ Drug Problem
Formerly: DJ Fresh Produce

Post by DJ Drug Problem » Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:39 pm

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:40 am

Tool's Jimmy is about repressed aenima (duality of repression and overcoming vulnerability)
https://www.chuckcrabbe.com/the-harlequ ... man-in-him

". . .the child to lead him through each “loaded memory.” “One and one” refers to the two sides (masculine/feminine) of a whole person. These sides will be “reunited” so that “both” can “move on together.” Jung often used the alchemical hermaphrodite and the commonly referenced “androgyny of Christ” to represent this idea. Jimmy closes with an invocation to the child within to continue serving as a beacon, to “glow, child, glow” until the artist is healed."

HighlyIrregular
Formerly: BarIII

Post by HighlyIrregular » Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:28 pm

RIP Willie Winfield