Post by aether » Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:25 pm

CENTRALAMERICAN POWER
Attachments
IMG_1909.JPG
IMG_1909.JPG (26.27 KiB) Viewed 8264 times

Catoptric

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Catoptric » Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:27 am

PTSD/CPTSD playlist (I would start with the second song, though I'm not sure yet how good overall it is.)
Societal egress and ennui
Hello / Goodbye / Just a moment / Nothing / Cosmic / Man / Dream / Civilization / Open / Contact / Tremble / Gas / Memory / Transcend / ^2

Yesterday

Post by Yesterday » Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:20 pm

You won't believe me but if you listen closely you may overhear my avatar making these noises. Maybe even whispering sweet nothings to you in your ear.

ENTP

"Our truest selves exist within the observational incongruencies among general first impressions and further analyses of the finer details."
- from my Ph.D. thesis in psychobabble

Autochthonic

Post by Autochthonic » Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:48 am

Yesterday

Post by Yesterday » Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:43 pm

ENTP

"Our truest selves exist within the observational incongruencies among general first impressions and further analyses of the finer details."
- from my Ph.D. thesis in psychobabble

HighlyIrregular II
Formerly: BarII

Post by HighlyIrregular II » Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:41 am

I was listening to Christmas music on Lite FM and I heard a long block of commercials followed by three songs I don't like, followed by more commercials. I like songs with good singing, not Rudolph or John Lennon. Bing Crosby can sing but he doesn't sound exceptional. Someone like Frankie Lymon or Aaron Neville or Clide McFatter I'd like. I like exceptional soloists whether they're singers or instrumentalists, and here's one of the latter:

Tommy Emmanuel, Classical Gas

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:02 am

https://fb.watch/hB6tqyLO9G/?mibextid=6aamW6
Spoiler
Show
On this date in 1976, electronic musician DAVID VORHAUS demonstrated the KALEIDOPHON to Tomorrow's World presenter Judith Hann, (December 2nd 1976)

Best remembered for his pioneering work in White Noise - the English electronic collaborative with BBC Radiophonic Workshop legends Brian Hodgson and Delia Derbyshire that delivered the seminal 1969 album 'An Electric Storm' (widely considered to be one of the first major electronic releases of its kind) - David Vorhaus decided to design and construct an instrument that would allow him to control synthesised sounds.

"I made the ribbons for the Kaleidophon using thermal paper which has a carbon underlay with a wax coating," explained David.

"I got hold of some of the material before they put the wax on and, amazingly, its resistance was quite linear. Obviously paper wasn’t robust enough so I got them to put it on plastic. Eventually these were made for me by the French Space Agency because the person who worked for Ozalid in the UK, who made the original strings for me, died and took the manufacturing secret with him.

The triggering is activated by pressing on the strings and the fingerboard is velocity-sensitive so you can hit it harder to get a louder note or a different effect. There are controllers at the bottom for the right hand and other devices such as chromatic switches to make it behave like a fretted instrument. It can also be semi-fretted, which corrects you if you’re close to the right note but still lets you do slides."

"The instrument itself generates voltage control, but I can feed it into my CV-to-MIDI converter and use it to control just about anything."

The instrument has been continually modified since and still functions to this day.
Podcast ep. 1-3 covers John Wesley Hardin (who killed 40 people?)

One of the ghost towns (Towash, TX) he became remembered as, "the fastest draw in the west."
http://www.heartoftexastales.com/underw ... -town.html
Societal egress and ennui
Hello / Goodbye / Just a moment / Nothing / Cosmic / Man / Dream / Civilization / Open / Contact / Tremble / Gas / Memory / Transcend / ^2

JohnClay

Post by JohnClay » Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:35 am

1:27 - "I'm so horny. That's okay my will is good."

I thought it was:
"I'm so horny. That's okay my willy's good."

That was one of my favourite song lyrics ever.... the actual lyrics "my will is good" doesn't make any sense to me....

aether
Formerly: aether

Post by aether » Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:33 am

Estuera vs. Re:Locate - Palma Solane

aether
Formerly: aether

Post by aether » Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:48 am

aether wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:35 am
aether wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:19 am
Estuera vs. Re:Locate - Palma Solane

British Nicaragua. Central America is introverted and has a very special history. Also CORE MAYA IS GUATEMALA....!!!!!!!!
PLUS WE ARE MTDNA FROM THE BRITISH ISLES....RED HAIR..CELTIC...GRANDFATHER BLUE/GREY EYES...NOT TO MENTION COSTA RICA AND JINOTEGA ABANDONED LANDS LIKE THE MOUNTAIN PEOPLE OF THE APPALACHIANS ....IRISH SCOTH. EXCEPT WE ARE BASQUES AND CANTABRI THE CANTABRI EVEN RESISTED THE ROMAN EMPRIE AND ESTELI IS RESISTING THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND ITS NEGRO EMPIRE....