What are you listening to?

Worldly and otherworldly topics
SomeInternetBloke
Formerly: Makes Sense

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Thu May 06, 2021 6:36 am

The blues is the texture of my soul.

(edit)

The Caucasian blues is the texture of part of my soul lol.

Last edited by SomeInternetBloke on Sat May 08, 2021 8:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Fri May 07, 2021 9:05 am

It's a new year and we been through hell but that doesn't mean we can't party. C'mon put some on. SPIN SUH'N SHUN.
Last edited by SomeInternetBloke on Sun May 09, 2021 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Sun May 09, 2021 1:47 am

Buttock as zen told me to post this because he likes to remain anonymous.

(edit) It's supposed to be a compliment on the fact that he mentioned being married and so my alter ego Rick James from the Chappelle Show said gives my man a selfs-styled celebratory diddy-do-dah-day! This is assuming he was recently married which is probably wrong. Oh well, I was just thinking about how esoteric his music interests have seemed across time and thought, yeah my man's n dems listen to this ri'her and get they boogie on - kinda thing. :heh: But if you ain't diggin' it then nvm, I'm a goof. :nod: :vcool: :lol:
Last edited by SomeInternetBloke on Mon May 10, 2021 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Limey

Post by Limey » Mon May 10, 2021 2:13 am

I had an interaction with BarIII, so, short of sanctifying myself on the waters of Lake Minnetonka, I have to listen to this, as I thought of his face.

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Mon May 10, 2021 3:37 am

This goes out to all you Mamas, baby Mamas, and baby Mama's Mamas. Happy Mother's Day!

Last edited by SomeInternetBloke on Mon May 10, 2021 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Mon May 10, 2021 4:56 am

Nothing Else Matters but Mother's Day :heavy metal hand sign:

Madrigal

Post by Madrigal » Mon May 10, 2021 9:16 am

I just found out this is called Popera. I can't believe Italian preteens listen to O Sole Mio while I was listening to NKOTB in the 80s, lol.

ashi

Post by ashi » Tue May 11, 2021 3:31 am

My immediate thoughts were that when I was 12 I thought Yo-Yo Ma was cool and I seem to remember an attempt at making "sexy violin idol Joshua Bell" a thing in the 90s?

Here is a clip from The Red Violin (1998), which I compulsively think of every time I play a violin and whose music was performed by Bell and whose director worked with Yo-Yo Ma on "Inspired by Bach", so it is all connected! :ph34r:

Madrigal wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 9:16 am
I just found out this is called Popera. I can't believe Italian preteens listen to O Sole Mio while I was listening to NKOTB in the 80s, lol.

MoneyJungle

Post by MoneyJungle » Thu May 13, 2021 5:14 am

Holy shit this song. Male-female duets are peak music.

HighlyIrregular
Formerly: BarIII

Post by HighlyIrregular » Thu May 13, 2021 6:09 am

The Harptones - The Masquerade is Over