Madrigal

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Madrigal » Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:09 pm

:cookies:

SomeInternetBloke
Formerly: Makes Sense

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:52 am

"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

Ferrus

Post by Ferrus » Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:55 pm

Al Stewart... too many to post here.

Ex falso, quodlibet

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:12 pm

WE DUH BEST!

Brought to you by auto-tune.

The one distinction is that it's so bad, it sells for being mediocre, not because it's good. Compared to such classics as this one, I would much rather listen to this:

or this

DJ Khaled seems to transcend mediocrity in such a way that it doesn't inspire; rather it's a cheap imitation of identifying with an audience and becomes derivative trash, intending on whoring cultural appropriation and becoming a ubiquitous attention whore in the process.

Societal egress and ennui
Hello / Goodbye / Just a moment / Nothing / Cosmic / Man / Dream / Civilization / Open / Contact / Tremble / Gas / Memory / Transcend / ^2

HighlyIrregular
Formerly: BarIII

Post by HighlyIrregular » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:20 pm

I heard this on Doowop Radio but the DJ didn't give the title and I thought he said Albert instead of Elbert. I contacted another DJ and got the correct name then I found the song on Youtube. It's not for everyone because of the high pitchedness but I like it. It kind of reminds me of something Little Willy John would sing. Donnie Elbert isn't as good but at least he never killed anyone.

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:39 pm

HighlyIrregular wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:20 pm
I heard this on Doowop Radio but the DJ didn't give the title and I thought he said Albert instead of Elbert. I contacted another DJ and got the correct name then I found the song on Youtube. It's not for everyone because of the high pitchedness but I like it. It kind of reminds me of something Little Willy John would sing. Donnie Elbert isn't as good but at least he never killed anyone.

I suspect the high irregularity about you is that you're not a scumbag and attempt to relate to anyone. Thank you for being a friend. Btw, the project posts are cool. I failed to parse the nuance of social subtext. I'm gonna start acting like the inspector general I was always meant to be. I purposely place myself in dangerous situations. I picked up a hooker. didn't know it (couple days ago - while getting a slurpy). I drove her home. I like to catalog stuff about weirdos insofar as I've no reference point and detect no values so I'm like "naw what really going on". I also have several fake profiles on granny sex sites and such (wanted to confirm a theory of mine about those and sex cam sites that I have given my lack of coding skills atm - it's ugly like gross-level ugly stuff). I read a King book about writing and he was a detective zine addict so I picked up the habit too. Then I was all like since my obvious blind spot is theory of mind or some variant thereof figured I'd turn the world into my own sandbox. Script here, script there. You get the point. Btw, (gangs) power groups aren't scary either. people operate on the animalistic frequency. the only thing I lack is the good sense to scram. I feel like a night crawler sometimes. gotta crack the case and get the story! (this wasn't supposed to make sense) I have a very stressful day job (being human). Good evening European heathens and saints. Naw Yokstas stay up playas.

:ph34r:

edit: I see your diddy and raise you lil jimmy.

(I wove this into the response to offer an explanation for why I want to develop a bar scene for us - it's in a post/i'll do it in post)
Last edited by SomeInternetBloke on Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:54 pm

Catoptric wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:12 pm

Sick. Mozart reminds me of you. Only not goofy.

Edit: The angry court composer reminds me of Haiman (sp) from the book of Esther. What's that actor's deal? - acne blues or something related to thespian piety? He's a lego man.
Last edited by SomeInternetBloke on Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:05 pm

Societal egress and ennui
Hello / Goodbye / Just a moment / Nothing / Cosmic / Man / Dream / Civilization / Open / Contact / Tremble / Gas / Memory / Transcend / ^2