What are you listening to?

Worldly and otherworldly topics
SomeInternetBloke
Formerly: Makes Sense

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:55 pm

"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:05 pm

ashi wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:45 pm
My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once.
So I googled the bojangles outta this song until my eyeballs withered in their sockets like white raisins. Feels like I know you better :-)

Btw, how many languages does you speak?
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:15 am

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Post by Julius_Van_Der_Beak » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:48 pm

ashi

Post by ashi » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:28 pm

SomeInternetBloke wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:18 pm
Dear stereotypical ethnic urbanites please don't knock it until you've tried the right version of Country.
A problem that he and I (and perhaps you as well) share is that we have an affinity for a "country music" that no longer holds any sway and is no longer evolving. Dead art forms and the terminus of centuries of tradition carried across oceans by desperate people and clung to and refined through generations of crushing poverty. Oh well, who cares when we have an endless supply of white trash synthpop party jams.

Anyway, Mary James / "Mean Mary" is a bonkers musical genius (child prodigy, insatiable multi-instrumentalist, etc.) and the most talented and enthralling woman I have ever seen. When I met her I genuinely thought I might never breathe again.

JohnClay

Post by JohnClay » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:52 pm

@ashi:
More banjo music:

ashi

Post by ashi » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:27 pm

JohnClay wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:52 pm
@ashi:
More banjo music:
Look, if I wanted to get my banjo jams from Nordic novelty acts (Steve 'n' Seagulls are Finnish, Ylvis are Norwegian) I would listen to this bluegrass version of Ylvis' The Fox.

[this is not mockery or sarcasm]

Speaking of madcap Finnish cross-genre covers of rock/metal songs, here are Apocalyptica elevating Metallica's "Nothing Else Matters".

JohnClay

Post by JohnClay » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:12 am

ashi wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:27 pm
JohnClay wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:52 pm
@ashi:
More banjo music:
Look, if I wanted to get my banjo jams from Nordic novelty acts (Steve 'n' Seagulls are Finnish, Ylvis are Norwegian)
I was sure they were authentic... I mean what are the odds that an entire group of overseas people would have authentic-seeming instruments, clothing and voices...? I am a big fan of Ylvis.
I would listen to this bluegrass version of Ylvis' The Fox.

[this is not mockery or sarcasm]
I find the original far more entertaining and humorous and that was the main reason I liked that Thunderstuck song. (the visuals also are a lot of the source of the humour)
Speaking of madcap Finnish cross-genre covers of rock/metal songs, here are Apocalyptica elevating Metallica's "Nothing Else Matters".

That's okay but I don't find it humorous at all.... here is a song that's a bit similar that I like:

DJ Drug Problem
Formerly: DJ Fresh Produce

Post by DJ Drug Problem » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:43 am

If I ran a goth bar

JohnClay

Post by JohnClay » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:37 am

@ashi:
A similar thing is also "Me first and the gimme gimmes"....