Worldly and otherworldly topics
SomeInternetBloke
Formerly: Makes Sense

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:10 pm

SomeInternetBloke wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:00 am
funny edit: I bring you todays method for framing my ignorance. :sadbanana:
He's taking forever to describe extrapolation aka Associative Horizon by Paul Coojimans. Brilliant but it's useless sub a certain threshold. :lalala:

Or

Wow he's so cunning.

Or

:jerk:

edit: I'm practicing behaving properly. therefore I retract my statements and replace them with, well done 6 years ago Youtuber. Well done, sir. :hat:

edit v2: He's probably not gonna read this endearing arsehole's edit. :doh:
Last edited by SomeInternetBloke on Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

HighlyIrregular
Formerly: BarIII

Post by HighlyIrregular » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:41 pm

I am the sus, OK?

I like the song but I liked it more when I though it was written for a commercial to sound dumb and funny. It looses something as an actual song.

DJ Drug Problem
Formerly: DJ Fresh Produce

Post by DJ Drug Problem » Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:22 pm

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:10 pm

I'm not really listening to it as it was something that showed up on a post.

I only have beer (and haven't started distilling. . . yet. I've looked into amylase and have been curious to mess with distilling and the process of making a bourbon, just to see how it metabolizes. . .) And the beer drinking will probably be tomorrow when I go to bottle. I'm still deciding on using Biofine clear to remove haze and yeast particle as a Plinian the Elder clone IPA still has a layer of hops on the top floating (because hops will reactivate fermentation and suspend the hops in carbonation,) though may just opt to wrap a muslin straining cloth/bag portion over the siphon to prevent it from clogging. I also have a Mosaic IPA fermented with a hefeweizen yeast used in the New Belgium Hazy IPA (unfiltered beer,) and will probably start brewing a Bock beer using a more elaborate mash process (gradual from lower temperature and suspend it at about 155-160, and possibly do a double decoction with a partial boil to half of it.)

Last edited by Catoptric on Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Societal egress and ennui
Hello / Goodbye / Just a moment / Nothing / Cosmic / Man / Dream / Civilization / Open / Contact / Tremble / Gas / Memory / Transcend / ^2

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:27 am

"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:24 am

edit: That's right, sustainable architecture. Eat your heart out Buckminster Fuller!

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:09 am

A rock music radio station in Dallas called, 'The Bone' was going off-air, (and reopened https://radioinsight.com/headlines/netg ... 3%E2%80%9D ) and one of the songs they played over-and-over again for about a month was this one:

Apparently, the name of the band is based on a poem written by one of the members:
The final name came from then-manager Sandy Pearlman, who at the time was a budding poet and asked the band to play music over which his poetry could be sung. In said poetry, the Blue Oyster Cult was a reference to "a group of aliens who had assembled to secretly guide Earth's history."
https://www.thestranger.com/seattle/the ... d=14332905

I could have sworn the name of the band was possibly a reference to some kind of entheogenic mushroom, and I suspect it played some role in their music, somehow.

More explained here with another decent video:
https://americansongwriter.com/dont-fea ... -the-song/

Incidentally, I worked with a guy that always wanted to get into radio and had a lot of interest in rock music, and during one of the station broadcasts I could hear his voice as one of the members of the station.

Last edited by Catoptric on Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Societal egress and ennui
Hello / Goodbye / Just a moment / Nothing / Cosmic / Man / Dream / Civilization / Open / Contact / Tremble / Gas / Memory / Transcend / ^2

DJ Drug Problem
Formerly: DJ Fresh Produce

Post by DJ Drug Problem » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:09 pm

This is dedicated to evergrande and the world financial markets of 2021

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:16 am

LET THE GAMES BEGIN

(edit: okay so I'm the clumsy version, shove off :lol:)

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:32 pm

This rapper sounds like he uses drugs. Hmm... :elementary: (ignore the terrible amateur female rapper)