Dr. John - When the Saints Come Marching In

SomeInternetBloke
Formerly: Makes Sense

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Thu May 13, 2021 1:00 pm

HighlyIrregular wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 6:20 am
Dr. John - When the Saints Come Marching In

This is the official :clap: website's theme song.
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Thu May 13, 2021 1:22 pm

Update

I was revisiting a Facebook post reminder from 6 years ago and had a Japanese link that now restricted access (and with VPN it runs too slow to load) to this album.

I was basically making this statement in it and suggested listening while reading (and now realize how difficult that would be with the distracting music. . . but oh well. . .)

******* commentary from 6 years ago ********
I'm going to make a quick summary of what I've been thinking about: I've been contemplating how concepts of the Bible can explain what is going on in the world, namely with the evident Canaanite reference (that has it's origins in Egypt.) As such, Numbers 13:13 (Exploring Canaan) "from the tribe of Asher, Sether (bloodline of Seth?) son of Michael." would perhaps suggest a correlation to a different lineage from that of Cain (whom some argue is not the lineage of Adam; "Satan's seed, through Eve, produced Cain") and Abel was conceived through Adam and Eve. Seth was then the lineage from Adam that is being deposed from those that proclaim they identify with Cain (via Tubalcain whom somehow survived the flood?? Perhaps it is an illusion of the concept, of being out of the waters of birth?). When Cain killed Abel, a “curse” was laid on him. In Numbers 33 it also references Exodus 11:5 where Moses proclaimed from the Lord that all first borns of Egypt would die. If considering the context of the meaning of first born, it could signify as one appointed by God to be in authority over all things (referencing Colossians 1:13-23) and that by destroying the association made of a first born lineage, depose control to the Canaan origins made in Egypt.
The gist of this is this: Considering that the 12 tribes of Israel is largely a reference to various heritages, and that Reuben was the first born of Jacob whom allegedly lost his "firstborn privilege" due to sleeping with his Father's concubine--he was effectively deposed of the rights of first born--though still comprised of the future established kingdom of King David which some have argued persisted "[as] Israelites simply arose as a subculture within Canaanite society" without any significant long-term trajectory:
"In the Blessing of Jacob, which some textual scholars date substantially later than these events,[9] the tribe is characterised as fickle - unstable as water, and condemned to dwindle in power and size due to the incest of its moving the bed of Jacob to Bilhah's tent;.[10]"
Perhaps it was really just Akhenaten (Moses) fleeing the persecution of his idea? Ever notice how it seems as if that time period in Egypt reverted back to it's Polytheism, and how the Bible routinely seemed to not only take ideas from these earlier religions but also had it's own twist on the meaning and dialogue, simultaneously as religion was a tool by the ruling class that has always been used to preserve power. The power of these ideas are what transformed cultures, targeteing each-other in ways that exploited the ignorant masses. When Tutankhamen died (was murdered) they effectively tied (Tiye) the knot on his Father's conquest Eastward and brought Egypt back to it's "happy place."

New thoughts: The Jews had a largely Canaanite origin ( https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/th ... 0-1050-bce ) and didn't know what to make of themselves; that Yahweh might even be a transliteration of an abstract idea instead of a more identifiable version of a deity that the Canaanite Baal worship represented and was less arcane (the idea that you CANNOT see the face of god unless you have died, is referring to a VERY different concept that most people cannot conceive of, nor can they relate to and that it is believed that the name Jesus is a representation of being in-tune with that understanding of "deity.") The religion adopted and that became the Torah was intent on trying to make sense of the world around them at the time and it shows in the word usage and structure of understanding contemporaneous to when it was written (much as the New Testament was not contemporary to the time of Jesus. . .) and references identify with ruins as city names instead of their original name. Even more so do people seem to mistake the syntax of language and thought processes that went into more popular concepts that were becoming embraced by western Christian religions, rather than understanding the true meaning from ancient antiquity. That people chose to distance themselves from a different competing (enemy) faction of Judaism is nothing too surprising, as it is typical to represent nature of cultural norms for the sake of homogeneity (much as why it became popular to adopt such a religion as Christianity amongst the Roman/Italian power vacuum following the collapse of the Greek and Roman empire influences.)

And yeah, Constantine named his crucifix after the Greek letters of the alphabet (phonetically pronounced Chi-Rho for CHrist. which consequently resembled a crucifix in an earlier form, but not the one that would have been used at the time of Christ for hanging.) The account by Constantine was made much later than the actual battle event so it was not in history books contemporary to the event of a claimed sighting on a battlefield and is believed to have been propaganda during the time of the Visigoth invasions.

So basically what it comes down to is the 'Jews' prior to King David were based more on Canaanite belief and the occult traditions practiced in the royal household, consisted of Moloch (Star of David?) reference which is pretty much sacred geometry and other weird references that are not easily understood. https://sovereignaustralian.org/the-sta ... od-moloch/

Some of this is disputed but it never quite gets resolved or answered. I find it interesting that much of the medieval period has Talmudic references to mud golems and other strange things that have a lot of basis in ancient Babylon. . . Where much of this stuff was introduced to King David following the presumably Pharaonic influences that took place in the Jewish elite society (hence the Pharisees.)
Societal egress and ennui
Hello / Goodbye / Just a moment / Nothing / Cosmic / Man / Dream / Civilization / Open / Contact / Tremble / Gas / Memory / Transcend / ^2

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Sat May 15, 2021 9:36 pm

:nod:
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Sun May 16, 2021 4:04 am

Greta Van Fleet? Sure let's see what these kids are up to.

Kinda vibes.

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Sun May 16, 2021 7:37 am

A little humor and a bit more about me.

Sam seemed like he felt what he was singing in this song. I like the lyrics and the associated memory of Mom being emotionally inconsolable when I played it as she thought about her deceased temporary but only legal guardian in adolescence. Good memories are useful for replacing bad ones. I like to think so anyway. :shocking:

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Fri May 21, 2021 2:49 pm

DJ Drug Problem
Formerly: DJ Fresh Produce

Post by DJ Drug Problem » Mon May 24, 2021 3:54 am

It was only a matter of time until this happened

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Mon May 24, 2021 8:07 am

"Lick the plate, clean it, my hunger's still there, I'm still fiendin'." -ArDee