Covid news and views

Worldly and otherworldly topics
Senseye

Re: Covid news and views

Post by Senseye » Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:15 pm

Spartan26 wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:24 am
I got one booster in December of last year. I'll get a 2nd next month. I would have gotten one earlier but I kept hearing that the next booster to come out would work against more variants.
You were right. The Pfizer bivalent is targeted to BA.4/BA.5 so it's better than whatever was around six months ago. Those variants make up like 97% of cases these days, so might as well try to get the best bang for your jab.

jyng1

Re: Covid news and views

Post by jyng1 » Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:55 am

Senseye wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:15 pm
Spartan26 wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:24 am
I got one booster in December of last year. I'll get a 2nd next month. I would have gotten one earlier but I kept hearing that the next booster to come out would work against more variants.
You were right. The Pfizer bivalent is targeted to BA.4/BA.5 so it's better than whatever was around six months ago. Those variants make up like 97% of cases these days, so might as well try to get the best bang for your jab.
I heard it hasn't been much more effective than the original vaccine. Something to do with the most recent variants being offshoots from the virus the original vaccine was developed for.