Covid news and views

Worldly and otherworldly topics
HighlyIrregular
Formerly: BarIII

Re: Covid news and views

Post by HighlyIrregular » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:34 pm

Five Fauci articles (from Google News) with no agreement on what the headline should be, and none from a source I read. I'll take CBS, NBC, ABC, Washington Post, NY Times, LA Times, Bloomberg, Reuters, and a few others.

I'm two weeks away from my Covid vaccine. I just got my second Shingles vaccine from a supermarket pharmacy that took my coupon so I paid "only" $185 instead of $200. This one was faster and more painful. The first pharmacist thought I was scared so she was extra slow and gentle. I'll take the extra pain to save $15. I think this time the vaccine got dispersed in my blood faster because there was less pain immediately after the vaccine. But I'm expecting soreness in a few hours.
Attachments
Fauci-Covid-news.jpg
Fauci-Covid-news.jpg (58.02 KiB) Viewed 2977 times

SomeInternetBloke
Formerly: Makes Sense

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:31 am

HighlyIrregular wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:34 pm
Five Fauci articles (from Google News) with no agreement on what the headline should be, and none from a source I read. I'll take CBS, NBC, ABC, Washington Post, NY Times, LA Times, Bloomberg, Reuters, and a few others.

I'm two weeks away from my Covid vaccine. I just got my second Shingles vaccine from a supermarket pharmacy that took my coupon so I paid "only" $185 instead of $200. This one was faster and more painful. The first pharmacist thought I was scared so she was extra slow and gentle. I'll take the extra pain to save $15. I think this time the vaccine got dispersed in my blood faster because there was less pain immediately after the vaccine. But I'm expecting soreness in a few hours.

I'm sure you not all peaches and cream in the shot site from personal experience. But it'll be okay my brotha. We gone be alright.
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

HighlyIrregular

Post by HighlyIrregular » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:51 pm

SomeInternetBloke wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:31 am
I'm sure you not all peaches and cream in the shot site
The pain is less or the same as the first shot. No big deal. I can even work with my arm in the air today even though that's what makes it hurt a little.

My lower back is a little sore because I did extra exercise that day including carrying a 15-20 lb backpack and bending down to pick up packages by the mailbox, but I'm good.

Ferrus

Post by Ferrus » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:30 pm

I had the second shot of Pfizer yesterday. First shot was fine. I felt pretty shit today after the second shot yesterday. I suppose it is a good thing: it means my immune system has recognised the protein fragments from the first shot.
Ex falso, quodlibet

starjots

Post by starjots » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:28 pm

The Moderna didn't bother me much, either shot. A couple of weeks ago I did tetanus, pneumonia, and shingles (3 shots) in one go. I did feel pretty crap the next day - not painful, just totally blah.

HighlyIrregular

Post by HighlyIrregular » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:35 pm

I think I did actually feel a little sick in the morning from the Shingles vaccine. Woke up cold, turned off the AC and fan and dressed warmer, went back to bed, woke up a little tired and a little sick. I don't remember feeling sick in that way since I was a kid. Usually I just get colds and feel fine except for a stuffed nose. In the last 30+ years I was nauseous a couple of times from a grain that's known to do that if you eat too much (lupin spaghetti). So, for an hour after getting up I was tired and slightly sick. An hour later I was less sick and more tired. Then I wasn't as tired, then I was again and took a nap. I woke up tired. I'm pretty much OK now.

jyng1

Post by jyng1 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:54 pm

Fiji has 1,057 new cases, about 240 deaths and another ~200 who apparently died with covid but not of it.

I still think their total will top out at ~600 if their vaccination programme is effective.

jyng1

Post by jyng1 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:16 am

Joe Mercola, an antivaccine quack who's made $100 million from spreading quackery is the main source of covid misinformation.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/joe-me ... yJQ7hdZoVM

HighlyIrregular

Post by HighlyIrregular » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:35 am

New Yorkers can now get $100 for getting vaccinated at a city-run location, which for me means taking public transportation or else walking pretty far considering I may not feel well. Pretty far in any case actually. I'll probably take the subway over the weekend.

HighlyIrregular

Post by HighlyIrregular » Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:56 am

I wonder how often people got colds over the last year compared with pre-Covid. I haven't had one since pre-Covid, maybe because of the isolation and masks.