SomeInternetBloke wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 3:16 am
MoneyJungle wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 7:35 pm
Utisz wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 6:11 am
MoneyJungle wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 9:06 pm
Wally World said on their website that I can drop the off old glasses there. I gathered the glasses of all my local extended family and took them down there but they said they had stopped accepting glasses ‘due to COVID.’ Get the fuck outta here. My father’s fifty year old glasses are what all the rude baristas are wearing these days and they’re just gathering dust.
Didn't know what Wally World was but then I found this video.

This is more or less what I imagine y'all Americans do with a Tuesday.
I don’t know if it’s regional but it’s what people around these parts call Wal-Mart. Makes it seem fun!
Classic film clip, the movie it's from seemed like mandatory for my household growing up, as opposed to novels and stuff.

I thought you lived in L.A. all those years ago - I was in Riverside - so I used to love tickling myself inside imagining the emergent oddness of me and you or Stuck meeting up for a beer. Yes, I can be delusional. Btw, anyone have Stuck's youtube channel link?
I’m up north! I’ve been to LA twice and only to the bus station. Someone tried to sell me drugs both times. I never leave a small portion of Sac, if I can help it. I don’t think it’s delusional to fantasize about beers with forum members. I’ve been booze free since the lockdowns began but I was closing bars every night before they closed them for a year. I’m sure you’re no less delusional than yours truly.

Madrigal

Re: Covid news and views

Post by Madrigal » Sat May 29, 2021 12:29 am

Got my first dose of Sinovac today. Soon I will be 1% immune. :soap:

They put us in lines. The women's line had a sign that said Sinovac over it, and the men's line had a sign that said Astrazeneca over it. One girl fainted after getting it. I'm sure it must have been something else and not the vaccine.

I was happy it didn't sting. my most recent shot had been a tetanus shot and I didn't like that one at all.

jyng1

Post by jyng1 » Sat May 29, 2021 4:19 am

Madrigal wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 12:29 am
I was happy it didn't sting. my most recent shot had been a tetanus shot and I didn't like that one at all.
Kids getting tetanus is one of those things that turn parents from anti-vaxxers to pro-vaccination pretty quick.

Sinny

Post by Sinny » Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:23 pm

Gain of Function Godfather - Sky News Australia

Dr Anthony Fauci is 'the gold standard of double standards'

1. Scientists told Fauci that COVID-19 might be engineered but he ignored them
2. Fauci was circulating articles on "gain of function" research on February 1, 2020
3. Fauci tattled on Ron DeSantis but stayed silent on Cuomo
4. Fauci knew masks didn't work and told people not to wear them
5. The Chinese penpals
6. In March 2020, Fauci thought COVID would stop on its own without a vaccine
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spencerbr ... t-n2590371

Judicial Watch: Fauci Emails Show WHO Entity Pushing for a Press Release ‘Especially’ Supporting China’s Response to the Coronavirus
https://www.judicialwatch.org/press-rel ... ci-emails/

TUCKER: Fauci’s Emails Merit ‘Criminal Investigation’, He May Have Committed ‘Perjury’ In Confrontation With Rand Paul
https://nationalfile.com/tucker-faucis- ... rand-paul/

Anthony Fauci and Chinese CDC Director’s Email Exchanges Exposed: ‘We Will Get Through This Together
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021 ... -together/

“Expect the Unexpected” Indeed – Fauci’s Pandemic-Profiteering Book Was Just Pulled From Amazon, Barnes & Noble
https://goldnewsusa.com/expect-the-unex ... nes-noble/

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Post by Julius_Van_Der_Beak » Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:10 am

My thoughts on Covid deniers:

Madrigal

Post by Madrigal » Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:14 am

The 2nd dose of Astrazeneca for people below 45 has been suspended in Chile due to a case of thrombosis in a 31 year old male (they haven't been giving it to women).

SomeInternetBloke
Formerly: Makes Sense

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:36 pm

Madrigal wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:14 am
The 2nd dose of Astrazeneca for people below 45 has been suspended in Chile due to a case of thrombosis in a 31 year old male (they haven't been giving it to women).
I'm curious to learn what that patient's pre-existing conditions/medical history is. Often blood issues in women can be related to hormone stuff *sarcastically points to a labyrinthine diagnostic flow chart*... aka could be numerous factors involved. Good move Chile. :hat:

HI SINNY :whistle:
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:46 am

Societal egress and ennui
Hello / Goodbye / Just a moment / Nothing / Cosmic / Man / Dream / Civilization / Open / Contact / Tremble / Gas / Memory / Transcend / ^2

Madrigal

Post by Madrigal » Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:43 pm

So I know someone who apparently got a blot clot that dissolved, a few days after getting the Russian vaccine.

It caused temporary blindness in one eye.

jyng1

Post by jyng1 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:45 am

Madrigal wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:43 pm
So I know someone who apparently got a blot clot that dissolved, a few days after getting the Russian vaccine.

It caused temporary blindness in one eye.
Did you turn magnetic? I can't open a cutlery drawer now or I'll get a fork stuck in my eye. I can get rid of the wifi too. Dialling straight in to the network without needing a modem.