Ever had some freaky unexplained shit happen in your life?

Worldly and otherworldly topics
Mashy

Ever had some freaky unexplained shit happen in your life?

Post by Mashy » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:40 am

Well?

Madrigal

Re: Ever had some freaky unexplained shit happen in your life?

Post by Madrigal » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:50 am

Supernatural-like?

Randall

Post by Randall » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:10 pm

I label it as coincidence and confirmation bias, but several members of my family (including myself) have had 'prophetic dreams'. Usually something like dreaming of someone saying goodbye, only to wake up and find out that the person died in the night.

Madrigal

Post by Madrigal » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:29 pm

Randall wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:10 pm
I label it as coincidence and confirmation bias, but several members of my family (including myself) have had 'prophetic dreams'. Usually something like dreaming of someone saying goodbye, only to wake up and find out that the person died in the night.
Yes, my father and twin sister have dreamed of the future, while my cousin and grandmother would dream of things that happened but that they had no reason to know about. So in the first case, "prophetic" dreams, and in the second, psychic ones? I can explain a couple through intution, but not all of them.

I have tried to test the capacity to discover things in dreams (learn something that is true but that I have no reason to know about), but despite having attained lucidity and some degree of dream control, I was never able to prove anything like that. Some things are just intuition. I told my friend to put something on her refrigerator and I would check in my dream to see what it was, stuff like that. She never put a damned thing on her fridge but I once told her I saw newspapers on her fridge, and she claimed she happened to have newspapers on the fridge. But then again, everyone who ever had newspapers, back in the stone age, would put them on their fridge, right? I tried agreements to tell a friend a secret word in dreams. I tried "astral traveling". These games were fun but they never proved to me that dreams were anything but the realm of my own mind.

oxyjen

Post by oxyjen » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:52 pm

Not quite "freaky unexplained shit," but having my dad living and with his entire brain functioning intact is nothing short of a miracle in my book. Dead for twenty minutes and brought back using these principles.

Also I once clearly and unmistakably heard the voice of a dead person. I stopped in my tracks along with another person, we both heard it. Have no idea how that happened.

Works

Post by Works » Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:34 pm

Back in 2004 my parents were living in Hawaii so I visited during the summer. My dad and I went to go watch the sunset on a very secluded rock cliff. After it was completely dark we saw a trio of green lights hovering high in the sky. They moved much too quickly to be a helicopter and small commercial drones weren’t a thing. After 15 minutes they shot out over the sea at super speed. I’m assuming they were some military project but I’m not counting out UFOs.

last_caress

Post by last_caress » Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:46 pm

Could it have been spotlights on some low clouds?

That reminded me of one. When I was 5 years old, on a completely overcast day I was standing in a park next to my grandparents house. Looking up at the unbroken clouds, I saw a small white spherical portion of cloud? move down a bit leaving a small hole and then move right back up into place in a smooth motion. Not really freaky but definitely weird.

Works

Post by Works » Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:50 pm

last_caress wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:46 pm
Could it have been spotlights on some low clouds?

That reminded me of one. When I was 5 years old, on a completely overcast day I was standing in a park next to my grandparents house. Looking up at the unbroken clouds, I saw a small white spherical portion of cloud? move down a bit leaving a small hole and then move right back up into place in a smooth motion. Not really freaky but definitely weird.
It’s really hard to say at this point because it’s been so long. I mostly remember that the lights would hover in place for a few seconds before zipping around.

Buttrock as zen
Formerly: stuck

Post by Buttrock as zen » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:04 pm

I had a nice dream the other day. I fell asleep watching toobs on my tablet, some kind of creepy channel where the adolescent talks one octave lower than his normal speaking voice. I was laying prone on my couch. I wake up and look over the back of the couch towards our giant cheap picture of the Eiffel Tower, and there's a man in his 50s, skinny, balding, with tears streaming down his red face. He's maybe 3 feet away from me, blubbering and trying to get something out, like an apology. I leap to my feet and point at the door. I say "you gotta get the FUCK out of here". He stops suddenly and turns and walks towards the entryway. I try to stop him, saying "wait, what were you saying?" But he's gone out the front door. I follow him to the door and notice that the middle of the door is scrawled with pencil in words I can't read, at least three long sentences. I wake up in the same position on my stomach on the couch.

Delightful.

Madrigal

Post by Madrigal » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:21 pm

I think I may have posted this before but, on a very sunny afternoon, I was looking out the window from a 7th floor (I had a marijuana plant on it that I was looking after) and noticed something that looked like white specks of lint suspended in the air over my building. My first thought was that someone was littering from a higher apartment, but when I looked straight at the lint, it wasn't moving in the wind. I had to almost hang out the window to get a look at the specks and it was really hard because the sun was also shining in my eyes. I finally made out that these were not white specks of lint at all but a reflection shining off a large number of totally transparent spheres about the size of tennis balls. Like bubbles, but bubbles that did not move, and there was a whole bunch of them. It was easy to see how you could look straight at the "bubbles" and not know they were there. They were basically crowding over an intersection but above my building.