C.J.Woolf wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:42 pm
Pakistan
:nope:

SomeInternetBloke
Formerly: Makes Sense

Re: 世界のどこ。

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:55 am

tried arc's online platform which produces lots of results but sifting them is a nightmare. this is a job for forensic imaging software... or wait. how about a hint - does that middle eastern mosque have any hidden minarets? :nope: m'kay.
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

Utisz

Post by Utisz » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:12 am

SomeInternetBloke wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:55 am
tried arc's online platform which produces lots of results but sifting them is a nightmare. this is a job for forensic imaging software... or wait. how about a hint - does that middle eastern mosque have any hidden minarets? :nope: m'kay.
Honestly I had forgotten what country it was, but not the Middle East. :happy:

It was meant more for the game of guessing a point on Earth, so there's not necessarily any huge clues to which country it might be, except indeed the minaret (which doesn't narrow it down all that much). :hat:

C.J.Woolf

Post by C.J.Woolf » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:31 pm

Morocco

Utisz

Post by Utisz » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:00 am

C.J.Woolf wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:31 pm
Morocco

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:52 am

:read: :idea: Istanbul? or :rant: gtfooh :lol:
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

Utisz

Post by Utisz » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:01 pm

SomeInternetBloke wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:52 am
:read: :idea: Istanbul? or :rant: gtfooh :lol:

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:56 am

**These are just clues for other members - not my guesses**

Ok, so I highjacked Utisz's old avatar to hopefully help me get into top investigative form.

We've four image locations left to guess., right? Here are the clues I've gotten so far.
(Normally wouldn't be so forthright but the game is taking too long. Let's go!)

Africa
1. Due West image with mosque: Ottoman-style mosque with a (blue cone) single minaret on the right (facing northward). Similar looking mosques to versions I've seen in Turkey and Macedonia (possibly in other regions of the Balkans i.e., Kosova et cetera). Although, dead Bruce Willis says it's located in Africa either on the West coast next to the Atlantic Ocean, or Eastern-Central Africa or could be Egypt, Libya, Algeria; places where oceans and/or rivers/lakes are located. Also, if my eyes aren't goofing there's land beyond the water in the horizon which is a good argument for Eastern part of Africa.

Asia
2. Due East image with the religious temple: Could be a Buddhist-Hindu influenced temple due to curved roof corners, pillar atop or whatever that's called, golden dragons, Asiany embossed writing on sign/plaque above slatted wooden doors entrance, hanging curtains that look traditionally Chinese/South-Asian... Combined with the mixture of fair-skinned and darker-skinned people of the photo, along with the old double slat-like cement bench, Asian man with a flat Islamic cap leads me to believe it's in/near Nepal.

Europe
3. Due North image with French writing: Blue and red signs are classic European style; the convenient store sign, street signs, metal pavement covers. There's also the liquor advertisement at the tram stop, the left-most white and light brown wall could be a barrier to the Our River, which is partly located at Luxembourg. Image was taken in 2020 by google.

South America'ish

4. Due North image of small hills dilapidated buildings: The left-to-center tiny sign in white lettering and red background that says "CAPSA" that's google-correlated as an agricultural company of the Asturian people of Spain or in Nicaragua (or Central America someplace). Then there are the rest and/or bus stop benches, their blue theme, and (possibly) the solar panels on them look very European. As it was mentioned (for another image) could be Romanian too (CAPSA means box in Latin). Image was taken in 2014 by google. Edit: South America gives European companies a lot of tram/train contracts so it's not Spain.

I dunno.