With which TV/movie character do you most relate?

Worldly and otherworldly topics
Madrigal

Re: With which TV/movie character do you most relate?

Post by Madrigal » Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:10 pm

ashi wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:04 pm
Oh. Oh no, that isn't any kind of compliment, that is a nightmare. That is all muffin bottom and no top!
:D I think it's because he was always pulling some universal theory out of his ass that strikes people as funny but maybe makes partial sense.

Lilith

Post by Lilith » Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:11 am

JohnClay

Post by JohnClay » Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:23 am

That's a really good question...

Maybe the main character in the Netflix interactive movie "Bandersnatch".

It involves a game developer from the 80s (I am also a part-time game developer and kind of started in the 1980s) and in the movie I can control him.... he also has a severe mental illness. His reality is kind of compatible with a simulation.

SomeInternetBloke
Formerly: Makes Sense

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:58 pm

Film

Tahar Rahim's character, Mohamedou Ould Slahi, in The Mauritanian. Just for being wrongly accused for stuff and things.

John Mc Gill's character, Connor Mc Caron, NEDS (Non Educated Delinquents) who duct tapes knives to his hands.

Tim Robbin's character, Andy Dufresne, from The Shawshank Redemption. I haven't been subjected to that level of (rage inducing, impo) physical abuse, but just I get Andy ya know?

TV

Rebecca Hall's character, Loretta as a little girl, in Tales From The Loop. I love the scene of her catching drips of icey cold water dripping from an ice sickle clinging to the roof's edge of her home. I don't want children but I get a long with them really well because we have a similar sense of wonder and naiveté. I suppose I feel like recent encounters with lots of interested females who already have children has helped me warm up to the idea of inheriting step caliber relationships (as long as the kids are old enough - kinda thing. I ain't wiping butts that's for sure).
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

elfsprin

Post by elfsprin » Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:18 pm

Lisbeth Salander, in the superior Swedish version of Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.
Attention is the rarest and purest form of generosity - Simone Weil

Yesterday

Post by Yesterday » Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:37 am

*clink clink clink* U teazy weazy, I lost my password.

Also, apparently Mr. Magoo atm.

@Elfsprin Honestly think I got a gnarly read on you, like I nearly knew you from hundreds of miles away. I can see you as Lizbeth S. also you're very attractive. Otherwise I go through lengthy intermittent phases of retardom and post stupid stuff. I'm like the only impath on here. Feels lonely being different. I'm high in eq and that's it.

*Shoves a pillow inside shirt and steps onto a milk crate* "Hugs! Getcha free hugs." *Smooshes elfsprin against man-boob.
ENTP

"Our truest selves exist within the observational incongruencies among general first impressions and further analyses of the finer details."
- from my Ph.D. thesis in psychobabble

elfsprin

Post by elfsprin » Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:30 am

Yesterday wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:37 am

@Elfsprin Honestly think I got a gnarly read on you, like I nearly knew you from hundreds of miles away. I can see you as Lizbeth S. also you're very attractive. Otherwise I go through lengthy intermittent phases of retardom and post stupid stuff. I'm like the only impath on here. Feels lonely being different. I'm high in eq and that's it.

*Shoves a pillow inside shirt and steps onto a milk crate* "Hugs! Getcha free hugs." *Smooshes elfsprin against man-boob.
I’m glad to see you posting again, I wondered where you’d gone.

Also sorry to disappoint but I’m not very physically attractive I don’t think. Just middling.

Yesterday

Post by Yesterday » Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:51 am

elfsprin wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:30 am
Yesterday wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:37 am

I’m glad to see you posting again, I wondered where you’d gone.

Also sorry to disappoint but I’m not very physically attractive I don’t think. Just middling.
And apparently humble too. :rolleyes:
ENTP

"Our truest selves exist within the observational incongruencies among general first impressions and further analyses of the finer details."

elfsprin

Post by elfsprin » Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:56 am

Just realistic.

Noomi Rapace, now. She gets me going :heh:

Yesterday

Post by Yesterday » Sat Dec 25, 2021 2:57 am

elfsprin wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:56 am
Just realistic.
As am I. BTW, I get the sentiment(s).

Let's just say that "your aura is soothing."
ENTP