With which TV/movie character do you most relate?

Worldly and otherworldly topics
baccheion

With which TV/movie character do you most relate?

Post by baccheion » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:53 am

I am unsure about myself. Maybe I need to watch more.

Tags:

Utisz

Re: With which TV/movie character do you most relate?

Post by Utisz » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:21 am

I also dunno. That's a tough one.

Not really a fictional character, but always could relate to Charlie Booker.

His Newswipe, Screenwipe, etc., series blows the likes of Colbert, Stewart, etc., out of the water (which is maybe understandable as there were relatively few episodes of the former).

oxyjen

Post by oxyjen » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:38 am

An amalgamation of Ben Wyatt from Parks & Recreation, and Liz Lemon from 30 Rock.

last_caress

Post by last_caress » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:48 am

Varying somewhere along a continuum between Moss from IT crowd and Rust Cohle from True Detective.

Spartan26

Post by Spartan26 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:21 am

I need to go back and watch these to be sure of accurate assessment but I believe Truman Burbank from The Truman Show and Edward Scissorhands. I also need to go back and watch Quiz Show, actually, want to, it's up there on my all time favorites, but there are aspects of Charles Van Doren's relationship with Mark Van Doren that remind me of me and my Dad.

Roger Mexico

Post by Roger Mexico » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:10 am

When I was a kid I went through this phase for a while where I identified very strongly with Cyclops from the X-Men.

I was the oldest sibling, and I related to Cyclops because the Professor always put him in charge of the other X-Men because he was most mature, responsible one--but he never got any praise or appreciation for this because everybody else was always paying more attention to Wolverine's temper tantrums.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Post by Julius_Van_Der_Beak » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:21 pm

Ben Wyatt from Parks and Recreation.

Light Leak

Post by Light Leak » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:05 pm

Spartan26 wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:21 am
Edward Scissorhands
Me too. Maybe not quite so much now, but I related to him strongly in my 20s. I still do some. I can't think of a character that I currently strongly relate to.

I guess the character I found myself relating to most recently was Quentin Coldwater from The Magicians.

Madrigal

Post by Madrigal » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:07 am

I never related to anyone on TV that I can recall, but my sisters say I'm just like Kramer from Seinfeld. Um, minus the slapstick. :D

ashi

Post by ashi » Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:04 pm

That one lady in the turgid lesbian drama with the weird sex scene and where the lead characters can't be together because one dies, or society is irredeemably cruel, or both.

Or Pollyanna, the girl whose irrepressible optimism and encouragement of others actually meaningfully improves several people's lives but somehow her name ends up used to refer to hopelessly naive dorks who hope for the best and do nothing to actually solve problems.

Madrigal wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:07 am
I never related to anyone on TV that I can recall, but my sisters say I'm just like Kramer from Seinfeld. Um, minus the slapstick. :D
Oh. Oh no, that isn't any kind of compliment, that is a nightmare. That is all muffin bottom and no top!