If you could change anything about your personality, what would it be?

Worldly and otherworldly topics
Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Re: If you could change anything about your personality, what would it be?

Post by Julius_Van_Der_Beak » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:30 am

DJ Drug Problem wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:26 pm
The girl at o'reilly auto parts said "why do you have to be so uncertain all the time" and it got me to laugh pretty hard so I would change that except the only reason I am that way is because I have a lot of thoughts to sort through and not enough time to do it so actually I guess something else because I'd have to be dumber to be more certain about things but on the other hand istps seem pretty zen and more practical and who needs all of this goobledeegook speculativity if it isn't productive ultimately anyway it's just kind of flair that gets in the way in my case isn't it especially if everything is rapidly turning into mad max there isn't really a place for bumbling psuedointellectuals reading and spelling good doesn't really keep people alive and in money
Learn about plants. That would come in handy. Especially because so many people are clueless about them if it isn't in a garden (and sometimes not even then), even people who are apparently into the outdoors.

Weather prediction would also probably useful. Druids probably knew about that stuff, if the ancient Irish epics are anything to go by.

The things you'd need to know would be different, but it could still come in handy.

Madrigal

Post by Madrigal » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:25 am

DJ Drug Problem wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:26 pm
I guess something else because I'd have to be dumber to be more certain about things
Yes. But you don't have to be dumber to make a quick decision. That would be like saying I'm a master chess player because I take ages to make a move. I'm not, I'm just bad at chess.

Anyway, I know people with severe and chronic cases of can't-decide and I think they need to focus on telling themselves that it's okay if they don't choose the best option. They can choose something different next time. There usually is a next time, since this isn't just something that happens before major decisions; uncertainty attacks over the most trivial things.

I remember one INTP I knew, I realized he probably suffered from can't-decide when we sat down to have some beer. He asked what I'd drink and I said I'll just have what he's having. He was disturbed by that and kept saying, "But what if you don't like it?" Uh, then I don't like it. It'll be fine. xD

Utisz

Post by Utisz » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:20 am

Madrigal wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:25 am
I remember one INTP I knew, I realized he probably suffered from can't-decide when we sat down to have some beer. He asked what I'd drink and I said I'll just have what he's having. He was disturbed by that and kept saying, "But what if you don't like it?" Uh, then I don't like it. It'll be fine. xD
He probably just wanted to order whatever you were having.