JohnClay

Re: What are you watching?

Post by JohnClay » Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:01 am

A comedy about a future society with social credits like China:

Then there's Black Mirror's "Nosedive"

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:04 am

I always get really bored listening to him speak and it's usually involving materials I've already looked into.

https://www.facebook.com/TheHannibalTVUFOPage

Look at the website hoaxorfact Woman Captures Paranormal Activity in Her Bedroom: Hoax which reveals it was Jukinmedia which is a promotional website for coverage, which made this accessible to the public.

I'm going to declare it a hoax because I looked into the person and I just get that impression (as someone who gets posted to DailyMail and Express newspapers and makes zero mention of it on their own social media profile, suggests they are hiding something, such as the facts.) It's too constructed and leaves too many questions that are being left out deliberately, and it looks very contrived, and she seems to be preoccupied with how she looks as though putting on a performance. The "orbs" that show up are bugs, and I suspect the sound being caused are by someone else in the room who is hoping not to be seen in the footage, and the actions demonstrated are just way off from what you would do in a panic situation. Months before this was posted she was creating fake Kanye West album covers with her face on it, so I don't think she shies away from publicity and is just one of numerous people that fakes content for attention.

At the 0:12 to 0:14 second mark you can see her hand moving behind the bedspread and perhaps she was starting to wake up, though seems she could have been pulling a string, as the edge of the pillow cover at the bottom appears to also move, and I'm wondering if some of the footage is stitched together in sequences?

The thing is, at the 0:21 second mark when the covers move, they don't appear to be moved by a string, and even appear to blur where it's being moved, followed by an orb (or possibly an insect startled by movement?) as if some kind of presence was starting to appear? The sound heard at 0:23 is unusual and if you play it at 25% speed it seems a bit odd as though it's not just caused by a bang, though it could have been someone behind the wall with the light switch, who made a thud when a string pulled off the bedspread and sent fibers into the air?

I'm also not familiar with the camera being used, but it almost sounds like a switch was activated to take it out of night vision mode, though perhaps that's just how the camera sounds on its own? Even then, when the light turns off without her touching the switch, and her deciding not to activate the switch, might suggest she knew it was turned off somewhere else (such as the breaker?) and she knew this, instead of toggling the switch to get it back on?

And perhaps she has experienced activity enough times that this didn't startle her, though I would have liked if she could have documented in the recording what was happening and moved the camera around the room to confirm that she was the only person in the room, but at the same time I wonder why someone who had sufficient experience with such a phenomenon didn't likewise turn the light back on whenever it happened, or perhaps even use tape to prevent the light switch from being activated, but it does seem as if she genuinely wanted to document some activity happening to her.

I think she needs to oil the door hinges, as I'm shocked she didn't freak out immediately and wake up with the noise it makes.

Original article: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... r-off.html
https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/li ... o-Facebook

My guess is she is a narcissistic shit, just judging from her posting style, as even before this was posted to those websites she was making up fake album covers of Kanye West and making them about herself and seems to make no mention of the incident as if trying to hide something. She also seems to have been a Bartender at a pizza+bar+nightclub that was closed down in Chicago, and from the reviews of the same business model in Dallas, it's not exactly the classiest place despite charging absurd prices for crap that literally costs 1/8th or more at retail price from the liquor store. but also the place acts like racist snobs to most of the people that enter the place.
https://www.facebook.com/irisj.alamo
https://www.couchsurfing.com/people/iris-alamo

Declared hoax: http://www.hoaxorfact.com/paranormal/wo ... -hoax.html

Last edited by Catoptric on Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Societal egress and ennui
Hello / Goodbye / Just a moment / Nothing / Cosmic / Man / Dream / Civilization / Open / Contact / Tremble / Gas / Memory / Transcend / ^2

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:07 pm

Amiga usually looks vastly superior to DOS games (available here: https://www.myabandonware.com/game/neuromancer-pt )

I'm looking at Fukushima Daiichi ghost towns, but also when searching for the stores that are "temporarily" or permanently closed, I can't help but wonder about the rest of Japan's economy, as you can find tell-tale locations not even on the same coast as Fukushima and yet they are also permanently closed. It was a bit weird too because I was looking at street view in different timelines of Futaba, Fukushima ( https://goo.gl/maps/rcqWZRNW19NtDC429 , https://goo.gl/maps/UVoW75TkPrpa9FZ46 ) and things like abandoned cars or buildings that are totally demolished and cleaned up, and just weird artifacts of a place in time that has little digital presence and it almost seems as if it never existed. I also relate more to the world of the Persona video games.

https://apps.npr.org/fukushima/
Fukushima Urbex
https://www.urbextour.com/en/urbex-trav ... -red-zone/

Use CC to translate.

Not Fukushima related

Several not abandoned sex hotels. . .

https://www.youtube.com/c/ExploringtheU ... ath/videos

Hello / Goodbye / Just a moment / Nothing / Cosmic / Man / Dream / Civilization / Open / Contact / Tremble / Gas / Memory / Transcend / ^2

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:31 am

After watching season 3 I realize it had one of the first episodes I ever saw, and I must have been watching reruns. (You could have sworn by how season 2 ended it was clearly canceled.)

The 4th season is something I need to watch, though I believe I was getting distracted with shows like Frasier and playing SNES and PS1 games.

This managed to be longer than any previous season (1&2 is shorter than 3 at 8 hours, and 4 is 10 hours)

I'm a bit slow on the uptake as well as I kind of only recently realized that the voice actor for Duckaman was Jason Alexander of Seinfield even though I distinctly recognize both character voices.

Found footage movies such as (Blair Witch Project vs Paranormal Activity) and what makes them good or bad?

I would much rather prefer Alfred Hitchcock, George Romero's earlier work, or Stanley Kubrick, which even then becomes an “apples and oranges” analogy of film methods and production costs, and the filming techniques that can be incorporated, which weren’t altogether so different when you consider the editing at certain portions of ‘The Blair Witch Project’ still incorporate an “omniscient” editorial license such as at the ending scene when both cameras fall on the floor in one sequence from the viewers perspective. If you look at specific films by “outsiders” to the movie industry, much of the signature movement in camera work has been incorporated by much older films, such as the “unfinished/lost” Orson Welles’ movie, ‘The Other Side of the Wind’ which takes a documentary approach in footage recorded in 1969–1976 presenting a washed out and financially insolvent Director character played by John Huston, much of which never used a tripod or a gimbal.

Sometimes a film needs to incorporate something called liminal spaces to keep people “on their toes,” and the cinematography can really take away from developing a sense of surreal identity, and it becomes just a “jump scare” approach to keeping people focused, which takes away from the psychological engagement from the viewers perspective. **The Blair Witch Project **does this by never revealing who the enemy actually is and by also not fully answering what happened.

Liminal perspective in movies
https://www.dreadcentral.com/editorials ... -and-time/

Often the only compelling reason to watch such films is how they can be analyzed from a meta-aware perspective, which unless such movies are self-aware about their own foibles, the film is rendered as an unexpected comedy or an unengaging trope in suspending disbelief (and I’ve yet to find a film that genuinely captures the true nature of the paranormal activity as too much of it is characterized by fictional interest and a forced narrative with “selling” a program for television or film.)

I’ve mostly avoided watching movies like ‘The Blair Witch Project,’ ‘Paranormal Activity’ (a series which was picked up and refilmed and edited for a better presentation,) and another one people have forgotten about called ‘White Noise,’ which tries to be more realistic and traditional in approach to filming, while also being consulted by members of an organization called American Association of Electronic Voice Phenomenon, one of who is also on Quora, named Tom (and Lisa) Butler.

It has occurred to me that found footage films have their own appeal which can make them interesting if the production level is high and the editing likewise keeps pace with the narrative of the footage, and sometimes the earlier success isn’t replicated to the same standard in later movies that come after it (a bit like comparing Kubrick’s ‘2001: A Space Odyssey,’ which was co-written with Arthur C. Clarke compared to ‘2010,’ directed by someone completely different.) Even then it doesn’t mean that the audience will always “get it” with what the film director intended, and sometimes the best movies are those that can be appreciated both for what is actually intended, but also for what they didn’t (and who is to tell a Director/Actor of ‘The Room,’ Tommy Wiseau, that he lacked internal consistency with his project and did not see the irony of it? Or can a film like The Human Centipede break the 4th wall in presentation and yet make itself believable? When life imitates art does it cease to not be believable?)

I will just say I would prefer Blair Witch even if I knew it was not really “found footage,” as it had some ingenuity in making people notice it at a time when viral marketing ideas were relatively uncommon. I’m also more terrified by the presumably real-found footage found on a camcorder found in the Paris Catacombs, as presented on Sci-Fi when **Francis Freedland **aired it in the early 2000s, and it makes one wonder if the real terror was someone realizing they were lost, or the unknown of whether they encountered something that contemporary society has not been able to define using modern physics? Was the real terror what the person was experiencing, which we as a viewer than recognize by watching and experiencing it? If it was discovered that Francis Freedland had faked everything, would the impact of the video have a completely different experience? I remember Sci-Fi also creating helicopter footage showing a purported UFO around the WTC just prior to the attack, which was all a publicity stunt, so the footage becomes more a question of whether or not something becomes known due to the attention it’s able to gain, much as a relatively unknown would not have the chance of being recognized (a bit of a “which came first; the chicken or the egg,” question.)

Personally, I doubt Sci-Fi wasn’t faking content for viewers. (though here is a discussion: https://www.reddit.com/r/UnresolvedMyst ... _of_paris/ )

July 24th 2000 (this is likely a fake video)

More info on liminal spaces https://studybreaks.com/thoughts/limina ... rd-places/

White Noise (2005) movie
https://www2.solarmovie.to/movie/white- ... ching.html

I really don't think this guy is being completely honest here, as people can be raised by narcissists and be codependent, and their entire prioritization is that of either becoming overtly narcissistic and dismissive or toeing the line of someone who they rely on for emotional regulation. A lot of it does stem from lacking an internal locus of control where motivation is destroyed in order to make you eternally reliant on their need for approval (or always expecting it where none has ever existed.)

Narcissists are the trash of the earth, and their shit presence seems ubiquitous throughout the world.

More

Saintly Narcissists
https://luckyottershaven.com/2015/06/11 ... arcissist/
Last edited by Catoptric on Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:56 am

Discussion on Marxism/Communism (and the critique of Capitalism.) I'll possibly not get around to reading Kapital (1-3 with a 4th unfinished manuscript, which of course Marx only officially wrote the first one.)

This and Corpse Killer (the intentionally "forgotten" legacy of the FMV era?) I remember when Sega Saturn was giving away 5 free games when you bought the console and I still decided on PS1 because I was aware that Squaresoft might be going to the console, and this games port was one of the few games that my friends were thinking was "cool," right alongside the other 5 games that Saturn struggled to get people to buy. I had most likely been persuaded by seeing Resident Evil and was introduced to Sony (and maybe Squaresoft was an afterthought because I really didn't know, and only had Wild Arms to consider, along with Tekken (and though I consider Yu Suzuki a bit of a legend in the arcade world, I never considered any of his games on console particularly noteworthy, and even Shenmue was something that wasn't quite conceivable at the time.)

The Sega CD should be considered only for Snatcher, Space Adventure: Cobra - Legendary Bandit, Rise of the Dragon, and possibly Shining Force CD but I've never actually bothered to play any of the games for more than a few hours despite being very pleased with Shining Force 2, I just don't find any of the games compelling for very long, mostly because the games just seem to hand hold you, and long drawn out battles just never seemed that interesting (same with Ogre Battle or Ogre Tactics, or FFT for that matter.) I might just have ADHD. Some other visually impressive (for their time) games are Novastorm, Keio Flying Squadron, RDF: Global Conflict, and the Lunar games were vastly improved on PS1.

And Wirehead (and perhaps Tomcat Alley, Novastorm, Star Wars: Rebel Assualt, and Soul Star.

And something I sort of overlooked.

Any PC games such as Loom, or The Adventures of Beamish, are always better on their computer counterparts.

Some games that were exclusively Japanese and not likely to see a translation are Shadowrun and Genei Toshi: Illusion City.

All FMV games have always been unplayable since Spacequest and Dragon's Lair.

Turbografx CD also had its weird games like 'It Came from the Desert' and I'm not entirely sure it's superior to Amiga (the fighting sequences look like your typical 8-bit with slightly improved rendering, and yet the TGCD was basically a remake of the 1989 game.)

The vastly different Amiga version (and different gameplay elements.)

So maybe non-FMV games like Startling Odyssey 2, Summer Carnival (and perhaps other shooter games like Galaxy Fraulein Sapphire,) Valis, Y's (which often have better ports to PSP) Akamajou Dracula X, Cosmic Fantasy 2, Cotten: Fantasitic Night Dreams (which had better games released on Arcade and Sharp X68000,) Dragon Slayer: The Legend of Heroes, Exile 1&2, and you can find Galaxy Fraulein Yuna 2 translated, Gates of Thunder, Lords of Thunder, Madou Monogatari, Sherlock Holmes Vl1 and 2, or J.B. Harold Murder Club which takes on a modern variation. and perhaps the best version of the Xak series, Xak 3 (which can begin from Xak 1 on SNES, and Xak 2 on MSX2 for english translated ports.)

Last edited by Catoptric on Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:06 am

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Bob Lazar video being discussed:

I have my doubts:

Bob Lazar was pimping out his girlfriend (or at least he referred to himself as owning a brothel on the Art Bell show,) and she probably left him because he didn't have much money and couldn't afford her (according to a Reddit post linked below, he did owe 100s of thousands of dollars to people and evidently is a compulsive liar.)

Element-115 was known to exist as a theoretical particle but is so unstable that it disappears and has no reliable use, which might explain why it was only discovered briefly in a laboratory setting.

Check out a Reddit page: "Why does Rogan believe Bob Lazar ?" ( https://www.reddit.com/r/JoeRogan/comme ... bob_lazar/ ) but also an article: 'Bob Lazar, UFO Hoaxster.' ( https://science.howstuffworks.com/space ... -lazar.htm )

Both his marriage certificate and people that knew him at Los Alamos National Laboratory in 1981 refer to him as an Electronics Technician (so it wasn't something classified he was doing, as it likely wouldn't even mention it if it was something so secretive.) He would move onto Fairchild/Xincom (the company that made a video game console and a known defense contractor.) When he started dabbling in Jetcars he then started referring to himself openly as a Physicist (so he wasn't keeping his cover, basically?)

Do people make a public spectacle and make up stories about themselves unless they are compulsive liars needing special affection?

Did Bob have Sec clearances? (I'm trying to find more info on the Mike Thigpen guy, but I find it highly unusual that the guy Bob Lazar is talking alongside makes him seem "surprised" not only from what he's referring to in this interview but in other documentaries where he shows up he magically finds purported evidence that Bob Lazar has talked about in the past, including a VHS tape claiming to demonstrate Element-115 that Bob seems to have misplaced amongst his possessions (and I'm pretty sure he's moved a few times since the 1980s, so it doesn't seem like his recent male friend is digging through all his private stuff like some grandchild peaking through Grandpas attic, etc.) Bob had someone else with him in the late 1980s that practically seemed like an actor's booking agent, and this guy doesn't seem too different, as if he's acting as a publicist because Bob is kind of really reluctant to elaborate much on anything that seems convincing.

And the Captain Bill Uhouse guy is a big-time bullshitter. . . (though it doesn't appear to be the part of Reddit where people have any intelligence. And if you go to the Dr. Greer video the retards are calling Bill Uhouse patriotic; which would actually be keeping is fucking mouth shut if he's dealing with something so damn secretive it would compromise national security if true! I investigated him in the past and I'm pretty sure he was never even a Captain.)

I mentioned Bill Uhouse (and talk about the Cold War Era reverse engineering of Russian MIG operations took place near S-4) in this post
search.php?keywords=mig&t=3321&sf=msgonly

I tend to think that Bob Lazar would have been setup at some point to confirm he was leaking secret information, just like this D-bag:
https://heavy.com/news/diana-toebbe-jonathan-toebbe/

What Bob starts talking about after the 40-minute mark does align with what I've seen and witnessed (and what I witnessed convinced me we are dealing with something beyond human-controlled crafts,) but so can seeing an airplane facing towards the viewer also create the impression that it's not blinking, and yet I can see flashing lighs, and evidently they are a distance away and they seem to be using night vision (so is this modern equipment and likely one that isn't cheap to acquire?)

So to what extent was Bob involved and was he just checking out the secretive technology flown at nights (which most of the people that get shuttled into Area 51 probably have no clue about as they are doing other activities throughout the base?)

What Area-51 is certainly known for is test flying Lockheed Skunk Works projects, and that tends to include drone technology, but also other more well known projects, pretty much as they show in this link.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creech_Air_Force_Base

They even go through the process of talking about alien tech (which I'm pretty sure they don't have. . . It's not something we could ever develop.)
https://www.creech.af.mil/News/Photos/i ... 001301361/

More about Bob https://decider.com/2019/06/26/bob-laza ... o-netflix/

What he's referring to as S-4 only get's shown on images as the Homey Airport https://goo.gl/maps/aohfoq4X7AhHAKHfA

So it is true that reverse engineering of Russian MIGs takes place around this area (and is referred to as "Alien crafts") but this is certainly not E.T. The base does show very evident military testing, but would any secret alien technology be so overtly hidden within this (and this is NOT Area-51 for those that are not using common sense.)

And Papoose Mountain (next to Homey Airport) apparently has secret hangers? https://goo.gl/maps/YsEorhEJifPEoCQb6

Why didn't Google Maps block the area out if this were true?
Last edited by Catoptric on Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:50 pm

Excalibur movie (probably the best depiction of King Arthur.)
https://jexmovie.com/watch_Excalibur_19 ... nbumdcnpY0

This probably isn't entirely unique to Britain (but I've yet to see something like this here; probably because I avoid such environments.) Some of the people in the video would probably be more likely in jail if they lived in the USA.

Antarctica borehole drilled to reveal under the ice (turn the sound on.)

Article: https://curiosmos.com/check-out-video-r ... hjtCoD4Jk0

https://www.youtube.com/c/BackFromTheBorderline
https://www.backfromtheborderline.com/

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:56 pm

The emotional sensitivity being rooted in genetics seems to be a "perfect storm" of intergenerational trauma, as often BPD is said to be rooted in abuse from NPD environments.

I suspect a lot of personality disorders could be a byproduct of MAO-A ("Warrior Genes") and decided to look it up, and it seems I was right:

'Monoamine Oxidase A in Antisocial Personality Disorder and Borderline Personality Disorder' (article https://medium.com/relationship-stories ... %20pattern.
)

"Results revealed a significant gene-gene interaction between MAO-A VNTR and three other serotonergic genotypes. These results reinforce the relevance of serotonin as an important neurochemical marker of BPD [51] and suggest that the interaction of MAO-A and serotonin polymorphisms may influence development of BPD."

If one method that people cope negatively is by re-experiencing the trauma through interpersonal relations and a sense of impending abandonment, the self-sabotage component is almost a depersonalization from the trauma, as it's a need to affirm a sense of control (through insecurity) and autonomy where the underlying locus of observation is from a primacy mindset of needed fulfillment.

Another article
Monoamine Oxidase-A Genetic Variants and Childhood Abuse Predict Impulsiveness in Borderline Personality Disorder
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5678484/

Not the least a lot of hypersensetive people are also narcissists
https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/be ... introvert/

MAOA, abuse exposure and antisocial behaviour: 30-year longitudinal study
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3105117/

https://www.wcpo.com/news/national/fact ... e-internet

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:58 am

Streetwise (1984) Documentary (Seattle Hooker)
(a better Criterion version exists on ok.ru but it requires a sign-in with a phone number. . .)

9-years later update (1993)

The documentary was mentioned here on 5 recommended "cult" documentaries.
https://www.dazeddigital.com/artsandcul ... eed-to-see

More:
HEAVY METAL PARKING LOT (1986)

HOBO (1992)

(sound is missing from this one)

FLYIN’ CUT SLEEVES (1993)

ALL AMERICAN HIGH: REVISITED (2015)

Last edited by Catoptric on Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Senseye

Post by Senseye » Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:19 am

Catoptric wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:58 am

Streetwise (1984) Documentary (Seattle Hooker)
(a better Criterion version exists on ok.ru but it requires a sign-in with a phone number. . .)

9-years later update (1993)
There is also a follow up documentary released in 2016 called Tiny: The Life of Erin Blackwell. I'm sure you can find it online somewhere.

The story goes about as one might expect. She's a recovering addict. Has 10 kids with 5 different fathers, some with their own drug problems.