What are you watching?

Worldly and otherworldly topics
Catoptric

Re: What are you watching?

Post by Catoptric » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:21 pm

The Last Starfighter arcade (never officially released.)
https://www.denofgeek.com/games/the-las ... never-was/

Last edited by Catoptric on Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:35 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Societal egress and ennui
Hello / Goodbye / Just a moment / Nothing / Cosmic / Man / Dream / Civilization / Open / Contact / Tremble / Gas / Memory / Transcend / ^2

SomeInternetBloke
Formerly: Makes Sense

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:21 pm

Reminded me of someone (Limey the lima bean). I like being a member of this social club. Needs a band and a beverage counter though. Ahem, Utisz! :lol:
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:13 am

C'mon ashi you know you wanna bust a move, or are you pretending to be emotionally subdued lol. :hi: :whistle:

Lol @ Marcellus Shepard's smOOOoothe voice haha. Sorry Marcellus but c'mon that's not your natural speaking voice bruv.
Last edited by SomeInternetBloke on Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

jyng1

Post by jyng1 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:43 am

Just watching "Danger Close" "The Battle of Long Tan" again.

It's always good watching Kiwis gunners saving Aussie arses... "Bubble line bubble line bubble" said the Bombardier. "Beer, beer, beer said the gunner".

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:46 pm

Drinking and driving. . .

Common cold

I started looking into this when seeing a video on a home security cam footage, where several images showed up on what people claimed were an angelic being, and people (such as the Pastor below) had experienced what they claimed were an afterlife following a collision (more common than would be expected, though I doubt the women in the first video experienced any such consciousness due to head trauma, I suspect that people with retained cognitive faculties are more likely to experience this phenomenon.)

Last edited by Catoptric on Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hello / Goodbye / Just a moment / Nothing / Cosmic / Man / Dream / Civilization / Open / Contact / Tremble / Gas / Memory / Transcend / ^2

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:50 pm

Ever wondered about Godel's (/ger-dull/) incompleteness theorem but felt it was inaccessible? Then here you go.

HighlyIrregular
Formerly: BarIII

Post by HighlyIrregular » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:32 am

Live police chase in Burbank/Glendale. Been going on for over an hour. At least one spike strip worked on at least one tire.

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:51 pm

HighlyIrregular wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:32 am
Live police chase in Burbank/Glendale. Been going on for over an hour. At least one spike strip worked on at least one tire.
It continues at 1hr 50 minutes (the guy was smoking meth.)

Ends after 2 hours 45 minutes (following gas bomb.)

Kind of reminds me of this idiot:
Bizarre moment naked man ‘breaks into mansion and swims in pool before killing family’s pet parakeets’
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/us-news/1 ... ming-pool/

I'm also watching this:

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:02 pm

Apparently, I have friends on my Facebook account that are friends with Stephen Wolfram. . . I remember one of them mentioning they have a billionaire friend and Stephen is estimated to be one; I never asked because he was mentioning it in an open group and didn't disclose for a reason, but now noticed "people you may know" shows Stephen Wolfram.

It's interesting he would have devoted 2+ hours of his time to be interviewed and I'm kind of impressed that people from relatively obscure origins manage within a year to setup many of these interviews (he has a lot of well-known people, even if Wolfram is kind of obscure for those that don't know what he's done.)

Here is another podcast that few people will have known about that was active for awhile (but the people they share it with aren't exactly mainstream. . .)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-tCGW ... fsA/videos

This looks more like a console game of the time, and is exclusive to arcade and only seems to be able to run on PC and not through other ports; same for Gauntlet Dark Legacywhich has a separate--much larger 7gb--file folder apart from the rom zip file that it spools data from, which Emuelec doesn't seem capable of doing for the 'TV Box.') Star Wars Trilogy from the same era needs a special emulator apparently, and I find it interesting that both arcade games came out at the same time and Gauntlet is 100x bigger in file size. When playing Gauntlet it becomes evident that World of Warcraft took some inspiration from it.

The video seems to suffice for my curiosity though still looks better in actual gameplay. Konami made some of the best games during the 90s, and I don't know if gaming as a whole shifted for the worse after 2000, but the people behind much of the industry seemed to shift towards different directions, and the economy and fears about taking certain risks seems to have something to do with it (but also the capabilities of console games has changed things, along with streaming and online gaming capabilities.)

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:59 pm

This guy is now arrested and it resembles the Charles Manson coiterie.

Turkish televangelist Adnan Oktar sentenced to 1,075 years for sex crimes, fraud and attempted espionage
https://www.firstpost.com/world/turkish ... SAkNw41f0U

His band of followers

Two pro-Adnan Oktar women held in prison despite stage 4 cancer diagnosis: report
https://turkeypurge.com/two-pro-adnan-o ... sis-report

This appears to be her Facebook account. . .
https://www.facebook.com/ayca.gokcaylar.9