What are you watching?

Worldly and otherworldly topics
SomeInternetBloke
Formerly: Makes Sense

Re: What are you watching?

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:17 am

(edit) skip the Indian dude, but Peterson says a smart thing or two. I didn't bother to mark the spot because it's all thought-provoking to help avoid miasma.
Last edited by SomeInternetBloke on Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:45 pm

Dale Chihuly joke

Bill Nye (he is an actor. . .)

The Unabomber’s Manifesto Proves Prophetic
https://wfuogb.com/7768/opinion/the-una ... prophetic/

The website Deagel has some highly unusual ties to intelligence and online references of depopulation, that could actually be operrant conditioning (as in society is being "programmed" to anticipate a "cultural sink" population decline, perhaps emmantizing the eschaton through covid.)
https://astediscovery.com/COVID/DEPOPULATION.htm

A retired spy had a lot of concern with the possibility of WW3 breaking out (and believes that Trump and other populist leaders will encourage a situation that could lead to a civil war, which when situations like Covid weaken the infrastructure it then leads to perceived weakness that would give rise to takeover attempts by competing nations.)

This actually could be what Stanley Kubrick intended.

Big Tech, Out-of-Control Capitalism and the End of Civilization
https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... ilization/

Societal egress and ennui
Hello / Goodbye / Just a moment / Nothing / Cosmic / Man / Dream / Civilization / Open / Contact / Tremble / Gas / Memory / Transcend / ^2

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:56 pm

Not sure I really agree with his idea about Atlantis (weren't they basically Etruscans?) though it is interesting. Their are a lot of highly unusual similarities with seven-headed snake figures that show up in mesoamerican pre-Columbian art representing Quetzelcoatle (or something similar) which is near exact to Indian Naga art. Architecture has some similarities too though that may just be a coincidence (at a time when mortar would not be reliable for a large structure and it assumes someone could form the stone shape once it is overlaid.) Some ancient structures have impossibly large stones that would be technical marvels.

I think the basic summary of civilization collapse is "culture sink."

https://goo.gl/maps/QFetk1KsTfnYpQRy9

Posting a link to a cistern in Denmark, where some highly anomalous figures show up over a body of water. If you click on the link and zoom left on the 360 degree image, a form of a person is also seen on the drier area (though because it isn’t over a body of water I assumed it could have been an actual person in a long-exposure image.)

No one physically could have been floating over that water.

‘Fight Club’ Author Chuck Palahniuk is Now Almost Broke
https://www.unreservedmedia.com/chuck-p ... ost-broke/

Aside from being on the "receiving end" of embezzlement by his book agency, he received a $6,000 advance for the rights to make Fight Club (which went on to make $100 million.)

Though he likes to claim that he wasn't affected as much by the embezzlement, the before and after appearance might say otherwise.

A person investing $8000 in Shiba Inu (Dogecoin influenced meme crypto) would be a multi billionaire ($5.7)
https://www.vice.com/en/article/7kbpb9/ ... y-cash-out

Binance us site isn't available in my area though I was tempted to get the shiba coin since I didn't hang onto dogecoin. . . It kind of pisses me off.

Other coins to look at are Evergrow (EGC) which have been showing so much volitility that glitches are showing $40 billion in people's accounts which is becoming commonplace (though yes, a glitch, and not everyone will be able to cash out if they try.)

On the topic of a theory regarding ghost phenomenon

Perhaps it’s necessary to define things in terms of hypothesis, theory, or law: such as the law of gravity is observed and demonstrated as something that exists beyond any doubt, even though we can’t explain the underlying effects of its influences without considering the nature of how gravity exists (like some tether with rungs that represent a fabric nature of dimensions—which could be thought of as layers of density that when impacted merge together at various points of observation—that’s increasing the taut pull of its miniscule force-carrying more influence/weight as various rungs are pulled,) might be analogous to consciousness existing as an exogenous phenomenon bourne out of quantum influences which echo out from the depths of a fractal universe.

Let’s look at how gravity is understood and perhaps compare deep space to our microcosm we call earth. . .

https://www.quantamagazine.org/why-grav ... -20200615/
The orb phenomenon is often discredited as dust particles or chromatic aberrations in the lenses of cameras, but can also exist within photography in ways that simply cannot be explained as dust or illuminated insects (especially if an image captured is over an extended period of time and without light flashing onto the object.) If energy exists on a quantum level that appears within different densities, the object will be affected by its own influence of curvature, much like how the natural phenomenon called ‘ball lightening,’ aka ‘St. Elmo’s Fire,’ is believed to interact from within different dimensions.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/ ... ension-evg
If phenomena that we observe and know to exist are given some acknowledgment, those claims which when investigated turn out to be corroborated by legitimate former skeptics (such as myself,) should make consideration for the possibility that we already have a similar underlying knowledge of physics that seems to reveal uncanny relation to various observer phenomenon within the paranormal field.

If a device demonstrates a 20-second or 30-second, distinctly clear recorded presence of a human intelligence vocalization without a source that is readily identified, and that device recording—even if it presumably “somehow” had some contaminated radio interference—can not find any trace of any radio broadcast or intent to manipulate results, must by definition be considered a novel observation that requires some valid explanation that actually takes into consideration the modality of its results.
Sure people can be considered unreliable but it still shouldn’t rule out that many such claims would suggest some valid testimony to empirical data, that at some point would demand an experiment that would acknowledge the hypothesis for it to become theory (or law.)
Consciousness is a phenomenon in which people have a physiognomical representation of observer “reality” which we quantify in our societies’ consensus, as being a truth of observation phenomenon represented much as how animals physical differences or someone affected by an eye disorder can have variations in their view of physical space such as with things such as color. Things such as color or the progression of time don’t technically exist but we perceive it to and it’s because of how colors are expressed through vibration in the color spectrum that our observation becomes that reality, and how time is observed through a phenomenon of temporal identification with memories. A recording or image capture device acts as the locus of that observation “window” into a reality that some would assume is a pareidolia phenomenon which is where people interpret patterns that they ascribe meaning to, much as any intelligent lifeform seeks to find patterns that give them an edge on the competition; how often do people in position of authority disregard evidence that undermines them or is an afront to their personal interest if they have gone their entire life opposing such ideas?

A world, which has an invested interest in seeking personal gain because their ego has been propped up on a belief that other people are foolish, has no incentive to conform to the reality paradigm that they have been unwilling to admit. The same goes for a society that may well have been built upon a belief system that justifies social exploitation, could well ignore the cliff it’s about to fall from?
Hello / Goodbye / Just a moment / Nothing / Cosmic / Man / Dream / Civilization / Open / Contact / Tremble / Gas / Memory / Transcend / ^2

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:27 pm

Epigenetics influences but also cultural in the environments such as exists with new technologies that influence behavior and cultural conditioning, can have long-lasting implications. Consider the trends of populations following major global events like war, famine, etc., and how new characteristics emerge out from that which are defined by that generation, and you get some idea of how influences are impacted by conditioning.

Gabor Mate also gets into the topic of developmental trauma and how people cope in their environment, which could also explain a significant problem with prescription drug abuse in America, et al.

http://wilwheaton.net/2021/03/the-willi ... ner-story/

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:11 am

Being able to melt smores directly in your mouth, can come in handy whenever you forget the shish kabobs skewers. . .

videos https://mindscience.org/

Reeses Hegel.jpg
Reeses Hegel.jpg (59.01 KiB) Viewed 2965 times
Just imagine if it was Schopenhauer!
Last edited by Catoptric on Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Utisz

Post by Utisz » Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:46 am

Ferrus wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:47 pm
I generally love Chris Morris's 90s/early 2000s work.
The stuff he did with celebrities supporting "good causes" is legendary. None of it seems to be on YouTube though.

Ferrus

Post by Ferrus » Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:32 am

It's on Dailymotion under Brasseye.

Strangely enough one of his most famous victims - MP David Amess MP as Morris announced him - was stabbed to death by a Somali terrorist recently. This was part of the sketch:

He actually raised a question in parliament about it.
Ex falso, quodlibet

SomeInternetBloke
Formerly: Makes Sense

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:27 pm

"props for keeping the live going while fleeing… that’s a dedicated content creator, on god" -First video comment

Hi folks, meet Billy Badass aka inmate no. 1 ... (gangster no. 1 reference, aka a clockwork orange reference - you get the point)
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:32 pm

Silver Bullet (1985) werewolf movie starring Gary Busey.

https://fb.watch/8_SoZn0FBy/

Playing the pc98 emulator version in english (patched)

Tetsuo: The Iron Man

Blade Runner was a name borrowed from a medical dystopian novel. . . Somehow I overlooked that.
https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/4/1641 ... lan-nourse

Also a Blade Runner: Black Lotus anime now exists (and it seems like an even steeper departure from the PKD story.)
https://www.polygon.com/reviews/2275289 ... view-anime
Last edited by Catoptric on Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.

DJ Drug Problem
Formerly: DJ Fresh Produce

Post by DJ Drug Problem » Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:44 am