What are you watching?

Worldly and otherworldly topics
SomeInternetBloke
Formerly: Makes Sense

Re: What are you watching?

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Fri May 14, 2021 7:07 pm

Catoptric wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 12:15 pm
I spent several recent days falling asleep and waking up to Sapolsky thanks to you. Ahh feels good hanging out with smart people.
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Sat May 15, 2021 12:08 pm

Only the best tutorials. I like to post the word oboe inside asterixes to indicate baroque oboe sound effect. I may or may not have gotten into DJ 's private stash of drug problems. Show now you knows.

"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

HighlyIrregular
Formerly: BarIII

Post by HighlyIrregular » Sat May 15, 2021 7:18 pm

Drywall videos. This guy seems especially good.

And here's a good Little Willie John song. "...known for his short temper and propensity to abuse alcohol...was arrested multiple times for charges that include narcotics, swindling, and grand larceny...was convicted of manslaughter for the 1964 stabbing of Kendall Roundtree in Seattle." So I wouldn't buy it if he was profiting from it but it's a good song and he's long dead.

DJ Drug Problem
Formerly: DJ Fresh Produce

Post by DJ Drug Problem » Sat May 15, 2021 9:55 pm

Autochthonic

Post by Autochthonic » Sat May 15, 2021 10:32 pm

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Sat May 15, 2021 10:40 pm

Lol @ "stimi" I love African American vernacular.

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Sun May 16, 2021 2:28 pm

I always find this interesting and recall hearing of how often the women get into some abusive relation when they meet up with the dudes (and noticed this when an apparent Russian or Ukranian woman was being scolded while shopping at a grocery store.)

Some really crazy WWII stories exist (a Canadian named Leo Major is worth checking into https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%C3%A9o_Major )

A lot of the food/booze service industry fails for this reason; my Dad and Step-Mom when catering for a wedding venue would actually take the "left over" (usually the best bottles that might have sold for close to $40-60) and claim that they were given as payment or a tip because the couple didn't drink (which after a while of learning about narcissism and psychopathy you realize the online reviews about their business are telling the truth because people that used their service suspected this as much; and anyone who would give such a bottle would know perfectly well that the couple would have wanted such wine.) Though I haven't ever worked for them in over a decade--nor have I really visited them--such reminders about their character are why I gave their company a one-star review, which even in spite of a reputation they can use their charisma to woo business, which is probably not unlike how most modern businesses are operational, even if it occasionally must be apparent that their mismanagement reveals itself with their alcoholism. When I used to manage an overnight grocery store a woman would routinely come off work where she was a waitress (and I highly doubt she was a restaurant owner or someone in charge of purchasing cheap Oak Leaf wine bottles) and buy up the same white wine bottles in quantities of over a dozen at a time. I suspect she would swig whatever was left in wine glasses and when she didn't get enough she would down a bottle when she got off work. At some point if it isn't alcohol that affects people in food service it seems to acquire other addictions, and I'm not sure if it's the expected ass-kissing that some people must be accustomed to, or the self-depravity and aversion to anything other than dopamine "reward."

The Famicom Disk System (prior to cartridge Famicom/NES) had the mascot called Diskun who had his own pseudo-RPG game (which came out in 1992 after the SNES release.) This kind of evokes the loading bios for the Broadcast System on the SNES, as well as Super Mario RPG (once Mario was really introduced as the mascot after the success of the cartridge-based NES system.)

Last edited by Catoptric on Mon May 17, 2021 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Societal egress and ennui
Hello / Goodbye / Just a moment / Nothing / Cosmic / Man / Dream / Civilization / Open / Contact / Tremble / Gas / Memory / Transcend / ^2

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Mon May 17, 2021 12:41 am

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Tue May 18, 2021 4:29 am

Folks, here she is again. Miss 'Fetti, the one and only. I need a wad of her ABC gum to taste her spit... :sick:

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Tue May 18, 2021 5:20 am

hannah confetti calling ppl and telling them how tall she is.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CNdQ55mj1yO/