What are you watching?

Worldly and otherworldly topics
Catoptric

Re: What are you watching?

Post by Catoptric » Sat May 22, 2021 8:14 am

Found a new website to watch documentaries.

https://www.waterbear.com/
SomeInternetBloke wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 11:22 pm
Catoptric wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 7:02 pm
SomeInternetBloke wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 2:59 am
I find it ironic how you've posted games I'd actually enjoy.

I think the order of video games I've played goes like this:

2021: Minecraft with a cousin for five minutes.
2017: PlayStation 4 that I won in a raffle at work and played a racing game but sold it shortly afterward.
2005: Wolfenstein 3D.
1997: Nintendo's Zelda, Final Fantasy 1, Mortal Combat 3, Killer Instinct.

(got tons of homework and have to teach my cousin some astronomy tomorrow so he doesn't join a bay area gang and slang bootleg DVDs and nickle bags of shwag to make both ends meet, one day. live long and prosper Catoptriganosis: except the worm is an alien... I'm a shit brain stormer but that's all I got.)

Skyview is a helpful phone app, or Skyeye, and if using a telescope Dark Sky Map can be helpful (though maybe not if attempting quick telescope setups.)

If using a telescope get a basic SCT one.

I recommend the Stellarium app for astronomy when using a computer.

Astrophotography (preferably images already produced as the actual process is tedious) is a neat way to be involved with space. The main thing is recognizing Polaris and recognizing the key components to the stars.
Hey thank you so much, Catoptric.

Hey guys, I gotta a reason to be grateful again. Those Benedictine monks sure were right. My cousin is going to appreciate your help man. Thanks.
Did the monks warn you about the 'Golden One?'
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y6suli6tq3xwr ... 4.jpg?dl=0
Societal egress and ennui
Hello / Goodbye / Just a moment / Nothing / Cosmic / Man / Dream / Civilization / Open / Contact / Tremble / Gas / Memory / Transcend / ^2

SomeInternetBloke
Formerly: Makes Sense

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Sat May 22, 2021 10:33 am

why do you favor this sentence? are you a fan of variation? :popcorn:
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

JohnClay

Post by JohnClay » Sat May 22, 2021 10:47 am

SomeInternetBloke wrote:
....I think the order of video games I've played goes like this:

...2005: Wolfenstein 3D....
BTW I made this:
http://drdanick.com/legowolf3d/
LegoWolf3Dmain.jpeg
LegoWolf3Dmain.jpeg (227.08 KiB) Viewed 2786 times

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Sat May 22, 2021 10:59 am

JohnClay wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 10:47 am
SomeInternetBloke wrote:

BTW I made this:
I'm totally gonna sit here and watch these videos. I miss cartoons. :nod:

So a lego Wolfenstein 3D what? It's kid-friendly and everything. :clap:
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

JohnClay

Post by JohnClay » Sat May 22, 2021 11:10 am

SomeInternetBloke wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 10:59 am
JohnClay wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 10:47 am
SomeInternetBloke wrote:

BTW I made this:
I'm totally gonna sit here and watch these videos. I miss cartoons. :nod:

So a lego Wolfenstein 3D what? It's kid-friendly and everything. :clap:
https://www.youtube.com/user/legowolf3d/videos
It's not very kid-friendly....
e.g

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Sat May 22, 2021 11:22 am

Why study Rubik's cubes when you've got this puzzle to solve. Fascinating.

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Sat May 22, 2021 5:03 pm

Oswald punching the Officer in the theater and then shouting out that he wasn't resisting arrest, should be all the evidence you need, that he was probably the same person that shot Tibbets. The idea that another person was present is also not uncommon, such as in the Sandyhook Elementary shooting, where people thought that another person was also there (fueling the conspiracy.) I don't know whether during these times that people are panicking and trying to process what is happening, that people's immediate thought is, more than one person would be in accomplice with fearful situations, not unlike how historical event's like the Battle of Karánsebes, where friendly fire mistakes their own troops as the enemy (suggesting that in panic people can lead to the wrong conclusions about their immediate level of danger.)

A Catch-22 movie came out prior to this pilot episode of a proposed TV series.

Last edited by Catoptric on Mon May 24, 2021 3:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
Societal egress and ennui
Hello / Goodbye / Just a moment / Nothing / Cosmic / Man / Dream / Civilization / Open / Contact / Tremble / Gas / Memory / Transcend / ^2

ashi

Post by ashi » Sat May 22, 2021 6:13 pm

Madrigal wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 11:28 pm
I guess this is a Catoptric thread, but we're watching Succession and it's really entertaining. I also think whoever did the soundtrack should also be credited with a huge part of its appeal.
I despise Succession and think its writers are a pack of condescending dildo jugglers, but even I can't deny that "L to the OG" is a jam and a half that slaps like we owe it money.

Madrigal

Post by Madrigal » Sun May 23, 2021 12:01 am

ashi wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 6:13 pm
Madrigal wrote:
I guess this is a Catoptric thread, but we're watching Succession and it's really entertaining. I also think whoever did the soundtrack should also be credited with a huge part of its appeal.
I despise Succession and think its writers are a pack of condescending dildo jugglers, but even I can't deny that "L to the OG" is a jam and a half that slaps like we owe it money.
I didn't mean that song, lol, although I recently watched that episode and that scene made me laugh my ass off. I'm not sure what you mean is condescending about the show, so I'm curious. None of the siblings seem anything short of pathetic and there's nobody to admire or feel sympathetic towards, except, curiously, the old patriarch sometimes. But I find a lot of comical moments in it, especially from the supporting characters. And I love Greg. xD

ashi

Post by ashi » Sun May 23, 2021 3:32 pm

Madrigal wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 12:01 am
ashi wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 6:13 pm
Madrigal wrote:
I didn't mean that song, lol, although I recently watched that episode and that scene made me laugh my ass off. I'm not sure what you mean is condescending about the show, so I'm curious. None of the siblings seem anything short of pathetic and there's nobody to admire or feel sympathetic towards, except, curiously, the old patriarch sometimes. But I find a lot of comical moments in it, especially from the supporting characters. And I love Greg. xD
Much of it feels to me like liberals mocking conservatives in a way that whitewashes their own excess and complicity in exploitation while unintentionally validating the deranged things conservatives say and believe about liberals. Aside from that, I am just burnt out on the "prestige drama" formula and deluge.