An Endling

Worldly and otherworldly topics
SomeInternetBloke
Formerly: Makes Sense

Re: An Endling

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:59 am

:blush: I feel like anyone who sheds clothing down to their Weiner uniform should be deported to a village in Tanzania.
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

Utisz

Re: An Endling [c]

Post by Utisz » Sun May 02, 2021 7:45 am

 "Why do you ask if you already know the answer?"
 "You wanted to refuse."

 He lay still and felt a gentle warmth radiate from the floor. For a while he had tried to count the days. The light was artificial and could not be trusted. He suspected that the days had been stretched gradually but could not ask. She had allowed him to slip out of time and he dared not question it. How long was seven years? Surely at least five years had passed. After five years everyone he knew would almost certainly be dead.

1. fall asleep
  2. fail to fall asleep

SomeInternetBloke
Formerly: Makes Sense

Re: An Endling

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Mon May 10, 2021 6:50 am

b. fail to fall alseep. :wink:
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

Utisz

Re: An Endling [b]

Post by Utisz » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:18 am

 He closed his eyes. The red light was still there behind his eyelids.

 He worked over his dialogue of what he would say to them. It had been overwritten so many times and had fewer words each time.
 "And what can I do you for?"

 If they created her, there was not much to say. But they were dragging him out here for something. Why would they go to all the trouble? Maybe it was no trouble to them. Maybe all of this was no trouble at all.

1. fall asleep
  2. fail to fall asleep

Spartan26

Re: An Endling [c]

Post by Spartan26 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:40 am

Utisz wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 7:45 am
 "Why do you ask if you already know the answer?"
 "You wanted to refuse."

 He lay still and felt a gentle warmth radiate from the floor. For a while he had tried to count the days. The light was artificial and could not be trusted. He suspected that the days had been stretched gradually but could not ask. She had allowed him to slip out of time and he dared not question it. How long was seven years? Surely at least five years had passed. After five years everyone he knew would almost certainly be dead.

1. fall asleep
  2. fail to fall asleep

This is obvious, fall asleep. That narcissistic bastard! He's not thinking of them, he's thinking of what he's unable to control.

Spartan26

Re: An Endling [b]

Post by Spartan26 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:48 am

Utisz wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:18 am
 He closed his eyes. The red light was still there behind his eyelids.

 He worked over his dialogue of what he would say to them. It had been overwritten so many times and had fewer words each time.
 "And what can I do you for?"

 If they created her, there was not much to say. But they were dragging him out here for something. Why would they go to all the trouble? Maybe it was no trouble to them. Maybe all of this was no trouble at all.

1. fall asleep
  2. fail to fall asleep

To fall asleep would be "to do" something. He's got to remain active. He can read a bit of a 1960s family restaurant chain comic. He could watch the path and ant makes before climbing down the wall and disappearing under a window sill. He could fluff his pillow and stare at the ceiling and listen to the hum of the ice maker out in the hallway. Either way, I'd say don't actively say he can't fall asleep but it should,o heh, or should I say, could, be about his ability or his inability to be alone. Just my two cents, without any further context.

Btw, all responses are stand alone, though I might be grouping the story points are revisions to the same project.