Worldly and otherworldly topics
Buttrock as zen
Formerly: stuck

Re: Flash Fiction cooperative

Post by Buttrock as zen » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:28 pm

Julius_Van_Der_Beak wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:58 am
Resigned, I make my way towards the stairs
This whole thing was creepy as fuck, kind of like House Of Leaves pt 2.
Utisz wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:59 am
Hell would mean future, and future certainty.
Lol just tucked in there like a little semiotic pimento.

Utisz

Post by Utisz » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:08 am

Buttrock as zen wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:23 pm
Lol sorry it’s just an experiment to write without dialogue tags couldn’t resist the cheap shymalan
Oh I've been going full shymalan all the way on the ends of these stories, didn't realise there was a menu. :happy:
For something so short you gotta end on a twist.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Post by Julius_Van_Der_Beak » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:12 pm

This whole thing was creepy as fuck, kind of like House Of Leaves pt 2.
I'm not familiar with House of Leaves, but I was trying to get at something about the relationship of our society to the past. The things we remember that aren't spoken or talked about. It's weird because American society is sort of nostalgia obsessed at the present moment (and it's not just confined to the MAGA crowd), but at the same time, there's something about it that still is "forbidden" or "off limits" about much of the past. It's kind of like.... collectively we're obsessed with the wrong things about the past.. or something like that. I can't really articulate it so I'm glad I was able to grasp it better with metaphor.

I'm pleased with the way it turned out and it actually made me think I should do more creative writing.

SomeInternetBloke
Formerly: Makes Sense

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:19 am

A burst of light and then all falls silent. Her moist tender lips grip the glass tube. "That's it, inhale slowly." I click the flint wheel a few more times. She heaves a deep sigh, squirming in enjoyment.

Dames, all they want is a friend.

"Omg I can't - " *coughing* her forehead creases as a haunted look of ecstasy reveals the whites of her eyes. Her long canines accentuate a lustful grin and she drools onto her Louis Vuitton gown.

If drugs were ever a nasty pair, it's hash and heroine. Load the hash. Sprinkle some oh boy, and enjoy.

"Look watcha gone and did Mia." Curvy and catatonic, Mia's my favorite female client.

*clink* I unclip the latch to rifle through her expensive purse. "Wait a sec, no cash?!"

Sprawled out on the carpet, she points. Her chin indicates there's something in her ample-sized bra. My hands quiver as they slide down inside. I grab a credit card but not before her wide pink nipples tell me a secret.

I knew it.

If you're wondering what my job title is. I'm a pharmacist to the wealthy. *shrugs* Mingle with the night life, make a little cash or credit card and... *ring ring* I make it work.

"This is Mikey?" A flamboyant sounding familiar voice in their 70's is on the other end. "Uh huh, be there in five."

"I want to hear the words I told you so Michael" That's my boss Jabba the Russian pervert. Always uses the masculine variant of my birth name and male pronouns - he's a fucking idiot in a fancy suit.

I nod and give financials of my liaison with Mia. "I dunno why you don't strap up and ... I'd ride that Mia 'til she foams at the mouth."

Fatty begins pantomiming a pig with squealing noises as if from personal experience. My boss' usual cut is half but all I've got is this card. "Fuck this!" I shove the card in his mouth and kick his teeth in.

"Mybaal noaaah." The fat on his belly is so wrinkled it almost looks like it's smiling. Taunting me. So I grab a kitchen knife and slice his gut open.

Paid in full mother fucker.
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

Buttrock as zen

Post by Buttrock as zen » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:00 pm

SomeInternetBloke wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:19 am
"Mybaal noaaah." The fat on his belly is so wrinkled it almost looks like it's smiling. Taunting me. So I grab a kitchen knife and slice his gut open.

Paid in full mother fucker.
I could see this being a noir novella!

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:50 pm

Buttrock as zen wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:55 am
Mambo #1
From antiquity, we can with slight certainty trace the archtypal mambo to the Old Kingdom, from the walls of the tomb of Neptut II, the so called Man-bo Sapem, or “Mambo of the Harem”. However, some modern egyptologists (Franzerl, Crumb in his later years) maintain that this was a silent dance which would confound our project here.

Mambo #2
The next reference in the historical record is in Villedelacroix’ Templar Chronicles (1274). “And the Greeks were commanded to send the evil women out from the city. This was done: the evil women were all put in a vessel as the bard intoned the Mambeaux Dei joined by the doleful strums of a lute.”

Mambo #3
Willhelm Grismeldus, in an apocryphal draft for his epic poem De Liminus, refers to our third Mambo:

The globe of blood forg’d rives
Deep from sky to sea and drown’d
The mambo gild with greaves of sin
Until the slab resound

Mambo #4
The fourth mambo was found on a sugar plantation and cradled like a baby. The jungle buzzed around her face, a little bit of Monica in the mangrove, a little bit of you makes me your sweat stained military shirt. a shiny black gun barrel. The river a blanket of cold sucking around her body, flailing towards a red bank, grey market methadone in a Havana bar
Hey Butrock as zen, would you help me to better grasp what the themes are here? Thanks
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

Buttrock as zen

Post by Buttrock as zen » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:00 pm

SomeInternetBloke wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:50 pm
Hey Butrock as zen, would you help me to better grasp what the themes are here? Thanks
Just kinda fucking around trying to write in an epistolary style. Since the song is about laying mad pipe I imagined the mambo as a symbol of sex in various periods. dystopian periods

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:11 am

Buttrock as zen wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:00 pm
Just kinda fucking around trying to write in an epistolary style. Since the song is about laying mad pipe I imagined the mambo as a symbol of sex in various periods. dystopian periods