Formerly: djm

Re: Chai there! - a tea thread

Post by djm » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:05 am

Madrigal wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:58 am
djm wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:48 pm
instant is for children ugh.
Drinking instant is the true measure of a coffee drinker. As an incorrigible coffee drinker, I will have any kind of coffee, not just the nice kind. :P

(you could probably compare this to alcoholism...)
I agree and do the same, hate the stuff but need a supply of caffeine. Any port in a storm. It is vile though.

SomeInternetBloke
Formerly: Makes Sense

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:50 pm

Madrigal wrote:
djm wrote:
Drinking instant is the true measure of a coffee drinker. As an incorrigible coffee drinker, I will have any kind of coffee, not just the nice kind. :P

Back in kratom/weed rehab (aka "6 millyon ways to die, choose one") the inpatient facility was this fat remodeled old Victorian mansion in Huntsville, AL. Newly purchased it to start a new life saving chapter of treatment that's statistically more successful than the state funded Anonymous variants. Only the four of us elite clients could stay there mind you. Crew and I used to toss-and-wash pungent granules of instant in our massive walk in closets or nooks in bathrooms. Ours was a bond of caffeine solidarity supplying us with the get-up-and-go for enduring exploitive red brick lifting (reminds me of the University rock wall I helped build that needs showcasing), lurking snakes, crazed vagrants, the KKK I never saw but who's scourge I felt, etc cetera. Our consensus for most scrumptious blend? Not instant ew. No, instead it was fancy Keurig cups with sugary sweet standbys i.e., caramel and irish cream we got for free $.99 in the addict mhm yum.

Madrigal, to me you've always seemed fiercely bespectacled :wink: and easy to get on with so with that I'm curious if you drink your coffee in varied ways en la casa vs el cafe?

For me it depends. I forgot to conceal a thin cappuccino mustache above my lip one time. When a lil hispanic youngster walked by me. He motioned for me to napkin dab it. Oh, and let's not forget the impolite slurping habit. I like the way slurping a beverage from plastic or paper pleasantly reverberates; part of the drinking experience. :lol:

[Ralph Feinnes' voice from any movie] Sisteren, Brethren, guests. I should like to ask for you to view these purchases. My friends online, proof, of my appraisal which commences in one week's time.
I've paid extra for speedy delivery.

(Edit)

I already own MoneyJungle's and Ferrus'. Drug Problem's loose leafs seem complicated so meh but, I am honored by his and Ferrus' experiences.
Last edited by SomeInternetBloke on Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

DJ Drug Problem
Formerly: DJ Fresh Produce

Post by DJ Drug Problem » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:29 pm

Madrigal wrote:
djm wrote:

Finally somebody who gets it. Why don't people get this? Only liking fancy X does not make you a true fan of X. It just makes you a fan of fancy things. What could be more common than the easiest way? Who's impressed with that? If you really love something you'll suffer for it!

HighlyIrregular
Formerly: BarIII

Post by HighlyIrregular » Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:59 am

Those people who think their expensive black coffee has some kind of taste that's better than the taste of cheaper coffee with milk and sugar... :no: It's different, not better. I think it's really worse by most people's taste. We evolved to crave fat and sugar, not black coffee flavor. And, what do you get when you put milk and sugar into expensive coffee? The same quality of taste that you can get from cheaper coffee.

Or tea or whatever

Wait, I think I don't like tea with milk so lets keep this about coffee.

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:02 am

still waiting on few more items, to be continued.
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:11 am

haven't forgotten you last_caress person who's nick I can't remember how to spell. :read: :read: meh can't find it.