Chai there! - a tea thread

Worldly and otherworldly topics
SomeInternetBloke
Formerly: Makes Sense

Chai there! - a tea thread

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:03 am

My newest favorite beverage is Numi's Golden Chai - Assam Black Tea & Sultry Spices (got it half off for $1.75). Encountered it by accident while mindlessly trailing down the dairy aisle pretending not to notice swiveling hips/bumps. As I reached the end it was either pull out my Moto G (h-e-l-l-o m-o-t-o-), or pretend to browse the discount shelf. Thus, voila! This Numi's flavor sure packs a caffeinated punch *pow*.

My other favorite beverage is Bigelow Botanicals - Blackberry Raspberry Hibiscus (I added freshly sliced cuties/tangerines, blackberry, raspberry, and basil - taste alright too). We all have Mommies and Daddies right? You could say I've an even ratio of both their traits.

So, go ahead. and make some tea. Drink well my friends.

(hoping this will inspire other beverage threads)
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

Tags:

starjots

Re: Chai there! - a tea thread

Post by starjots » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:15 am

I ordered a bunch of Bewley's (Irish) from an import company. I like to think it tastes better than the usual supermarket stuff. I'd be interested to hear other's favorite brands and I'm open to adventure. As habits go, tea is pretty cheap, so why not the good stuff?

last_caress

Post by last_caress » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:38 pm

I needed a little variety in my 2+ pots a day of coffee routine... so I ordered ~12 boxes of Bigelow Vanilla Chai.

Two bags in a big mug with some stevia and soy milk. I was doing 2-3 of those a day.

I got sick of it after about 3 boxes.

Limey

Post by Limey » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:01 pm

For a "proper" British cup of tea, you need this stuff, just a splash of milk and sugar to taste.
Not Yorkshire Tea mind, has to be "Yorkshire Gold"

djm
Formerly: djm

Post by djm » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:33 pm

Thompsons make the best teabags - Punjana

https://www.thompsonstea.com/

Ferrus

Post by Ferrus » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:56 pm

As far as I am concerned Earl Grey is the platonic ideal of teas.
Ex falso, quodlibet

Utisz

Post by Utisz » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:19 am

starjots wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:15 am
I ordered a bunch of Bewley's (Irish) from an import company. I like to think it tastes better than the usual supermarket stuff. I'd be interested to hear other's favorite brands and I'm open to adventure. As habits go, tea is pretty cheap, so why not the good stuff?
Irish tea for the win!!

Being Irish though I cannot assume that Irish tea has some objective superiority (for one, Ireland doesn't grow any tea, it just packages it :-) ). I assume Irish brands are my favourite as it's what I grew up with, and tea is really ingrained in Irish culture (and British as well I guess) as something comforting, soothing, warming, etc., so part of the attraction is that it's something familiar.

Brands would be Lyons, or maybe Barrys.

Folks from home used to send me boxes of tea but those packages stopped arriving around the time of COVID.

Now I am on some generic British shite you get in the supermarkets here, Lipton breakfast I think. It's fine. Stiff upper lip.

MoneyJungle

Post by MoneyJungle » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:52 am

I put Lipton’s bags in a pitcher full of water when the sun gets hot for a few hours and then I put it in the fridge.

DJ Drug Problem
Formerly: DJ Fresh Produce

Post by DJ Drug Problem » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:42 am

I dump cheap loose leaf green tea in cold water from the bathroom sink into a shitty mug I've been using for a decade and leave it on my desk overnight until the next day it's filled up to the top with expanded leaves I'm a fucking monster, civilization is a thin veneer

Madrigal

Post by Madrigal » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:59 am

My grandfather used to say tea is for sick people. He gave me some of his coffee with cream when I was a kid and I was fascinated.

I do drink tea with lemon and honey when I'm feeling unwell.