Watcha doin? - a hobby thread

Worldly and otherworldly topics
SomeInternetBloke
Formerly: Makes Sense

Watcha doin? - a hobby thread

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:37 am

I don't always cook but when I do it's got to be quick. So today for lunch I prepared classic Jewish cuisine: Latkes and Matzo Ball Soup

Boiling Matzo Balls

Diagonally sliced rainbow carrots (a bag that comes with ruby red, white, and yellow colored carrots), diced small red potatoes, and sliced yellow onion

The secret to a tasty broth is.... wait .... duh! Bones.

The final plating with some drinky

Earlier this week I decided to give my dog a trim. His name is Toby Toberson. He's a certified pain in the ass! :nod:
I used Wahl Detailer Trimmers. The unit comes with three clips sizes just suitable for fading his bushy legs into his low cut abdomen.

Here's a photo of Toby being a lazy daisy

(Random factoid: if you look really closely you may notice the 'base board' is just (edit) wood grain laminated duct tape.)
Last edited by SomeInternetBloke on Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

SomeInternetBloke

Re: Watcha doin? - a hobby thread

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:47 am

Almost forgot. Here's a video!

"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

starjots

Post by starjots » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:49 am

Looks good.

Right now we're getting ready for a couple of RV trips, one for two weeks to see kids and kin (3500 miles) and one to see the Pacific Northwest (5500 miles). It's been over two years since we tried such long treks, so there's been a lot of getting ready. I should post a pic of the rig -- pics really do make things more interesting.

Besides the usual tidying up, we've laid in quite a store of food to take since there's still a pandemic going on.

We've also been putting in a drip irrigation system for the garden, back yard and front - pretty much anything that grows is getting a drip. With any luck, the plants will be alive when we return.

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:16 am

Wow, seems you are busy, starjots. I like to endorse the NorthWest to everyone with this 4k video portraying its beautifully forested region.

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:32 am

And this video is 8k.

Btw, starjots, I encourage you to post some of those "rig" photos. Machines/gadgets/tech are where it's at. And I plan to post some long overdue photos of my garden also. (coming soon)

starjots

Post by starjots » Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:49 am

Nice. We are stoked (is this a real word) about the trip. The Pacific northwest has always been a place we wanted to go but too far away for a decent vacation. I'll post some photos as we go.

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:47 pm

Below is a news letter from Stanislaus Wildlife Care Center. In this installment editors include a hummingbird. Lemme tell you about it.

The year is 2020, and my Sis discovers an injured bird at the park and takes great pains to transport it home. This is a Saturday so 3 days pass of us feeding it nectar from a medicine dropper. On Tuesday I'm proud of myself while driving the gals to Stanislaus Wildlife Care Center for the bird's physical rehab. Then a month later a letter arrives from PETA informing about a LAWSUIT against us for abuse! We're livid and do the smart thing and flip through the phone book to hire a lawyer some guy with a raspy New York accent. He mumbles an appointment only its to meet for breakfast at IHOP. Anyway when we arrive our lawyer's gotta glass eye, wearing one of those 80's gun check patterned blazers that smells like cigar smoke... Lol. :pipe:

Anyway, the Center is so kind to have sent us this newsletter capturing the memory of that Baby Anna's Hummingbird. Thanks guys!

Let's see what else... :idea:

After snooping about on (edit) Mashy's posts (and one other) I've decided to try my hand at surrealistic architecture.

Hey design and creative direction team of 2010's sci-fi, Inception? Look out!
Last edited by SomeInternetBloke on Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:06 am

This is the first of many amazing silent films. I aim to create an entire series. Each one better than the last.

https://vimeo.com/user137644511

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:52 pm

Today I present to you someone else's hobby, Youtuber Jen Finelli (MD.). Haaaah! She's from another dimension. I love her guys.

starjots

Post by starjots » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:29 am

One thing I do from time to time is take pictures of birds. On our way back home we spotted a 'lifer' (i.e., never seen this type of bird before in my life), the yellow headed blackbird. We were driving through Eden, Texas at 35 miles per hour and out of the corner of my eye I see this flock in a tree. Yellow headed blackbirds are the perfect birding bird*, because anyone can identify them out of the corner of their eye driving down the road - they are quite distinctive.

*As opposed to Cooper's Hawk vs Sharp Shinned Hawk or warblers or sparrows or pretty much any other bird except a bald eagle (another great birding bird)(except they don't look like real bald eagles until they're five years old)
Attachments
yhbb sharp M.jpg
yhbb sharp M.jpg (506.18 KiB) Viewed 19093 times
yhbb3 sharp.jpg
yhbb3 sharp.jpg (218.85 KiB) Viewed 19093 times