Low carb

Worldly and otherworldly topics
Madrigal

Re: Low carb

Post by Madrigal » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:44 pm

Ferrus wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:01 am
A milanesa has bread though on the outside? Potatoes are high carbs also. Also of you have a napolitana the cheese is high carbs (lactose). My impression is South American cusines are quite carb heavy, even more the farther north you go, but this us because many people work physically demanding jobs that burn of the calories.

I would say a true low carb diet is mainly meat and fish alone with some eggs and nuts. I have been ordering half a kilo of rare steak (entraña) regularly from a place near wherr I work and apparently my cholesterol is high but this is probably more related to other stuff I eat.

One of my colleagues is a vegan Argentinian that I thiught was an oxymoron.
I love milanesa with mashed potatoes. :) Btw, cheese is keto.

I think exercise might be my only option at this point.

SomeInternetBloke
Formerly: Makes Sense

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:38 pm

Buncha munchasauruses you are.
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

HighlyIrregular
Formerly: BarIII

Post by HighlyIrregular » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:05 pm

HighlyIrregular wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:42 am
I actually bought frozen cherry blintzes and I think of you when I eat them if that means anything. All natural ingredients yet they taste funny. I won't buy that brand again.
It's good to know that Golden has my health in mind. I'm sure everyone else gets what the package shows. But I haven't rationalized the yellowish cherry skin yet. I wanted to review them but Amazon only has the potato blintzes.
Attachments
cherry-blintzes.jpg
cherry-blintzes.jpg (164.94 KiB) Viewed 3208 times

Utisz

Post by Utisz » Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:06 am

^^ What in the actual fuck is that?
Did that go inside you?

HighlyIrregular
Formerly: BarIII

Post by HighlyIrregular » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:35 pm

Utisz wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:06 am
^^ What in the actual fuck is that?
Did that go inside you?
It's rustic mashed potatoes made with potatoes, milk, extra virgin olive oil, trumeric, and salt. Then you got your drumettes and wings rocking the back row. The two cherry blintzes add a refreshing touch of red that brings delight to any dinner table. All food groups represented, artfully arranged on a glass Dollar Tree plate. I could hardly wait to snap the photo before it all went inside of me.

Utisz

Post by Utisz » Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:56 am

HighlyIrregular wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:35 pm
It's rustic mashed potatoes made with potatoes, milk, extra virgin olive oil, trumeric, and salt. Then you got your drumettes and wings rocking the back row. The two cherry blintzes add a refreshing touch of red that brings delight to any dinner table. All food groups represented, artfully arranged on a glass Dollar Tree plate. I could hardly wait to snap the photo before it all went inside of me.
I'm picturing you competing on Hell's Kitchen and rocking up to the judges with that plate and that spiel.