Profound pithy observations

Worldly and otherworldly topics
ashi

Re: Profound pithy observations

Post by ashi » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:43 pm

When cooking, garlic is like the children of immigrants: never enough.

SomeInternetBloke
Formerly: Makes Sense

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:48 am

"There's no point in doing something if you don't do it absolutely to the hilt." -Christian Bale

Reminds me a bit of Rudyard Kipling's "IF" poem. Respect. He's talking about "flow" in his interview right here.
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:08 pm

"Clean up your room. Your brain will thank you for it." -J.P.
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:12 pm

When it won't rain quite heavily enough, then it's spitting. *throaty expectoration noises*

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:31 am

"For those of us unmotivated, think of the world as your own special postcard. A portrait of what lays beyond. It tells of how maths and science are a grand symphony. An incredible treasure hunt for what only your mind can find." -JB

JohnClay

Post by JohnClay » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:55 am

"You never go for your dream girl.... your dream girl's up on a pedestal... she's the one with all the power..... someone's got to settle.... go for someone that's down a few notches... that way you're the one that's up on the pedestal...

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:51 pm

JohnClay wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:55 am
"You never go for your dream girl.... your dream girl's up on a pedestal... she's the one with all the power..... someone's got to settle.... go for someone that's down a few notches... that way you're the one that's up on the pedestal...
Hmm I like this JohnClay. Feels what that guy may be saying is this. The key to developing realistic romantic expectations is to identify the pinnacle of perfection according to my personal taste. Chart a hierarchy of these various features/traits in order of priority. Then eliminate a few, run the algorithm, and voila. A woman on my level with a great body! :w00t:

P.S. Asexuality, what is thAAAt?! :lol:

JohnClay

Post by JohnClay » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:08 am

SomeInternetBloke wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:51 pm
Hmm I like this JohnClay. Feels what that guy may be saying is this. The key to developing realistic romantic expectations is to identify the pinnacle of perfection according to my personal taste. Chart a hierarchy of these various features/traits in order of priority. Then eliminate a few, run the algorithm, and voila. A woman on my level with a great body! :w00t:

What would you rather.... a great (or mediocre) body or a great lover with a cute face and a good sense of humour? Great bodies are in high demand so they could be used to being on a pedestal (though maybe bored of it and end up with guys that don't treat them too well) Like in the video I'm talking of a girl that's a few notches down...

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:06 am

"I like to think that nothing's final, and that everyone gets to be together even when it looks like they don't, that it all works out even when all the evidence seems to say something else, that you and I are always young in the woods, and that I'll see you sometime again, even if it's not with any kind of eyes I know of or understand." - Ch. 45 of a certain book

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:06 pm

JohnClay wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:08 am
SomeInternetBloke wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:51 pm

What would you rather.... a great (or mediocre) body or a great lover with a cute face and a good sense of humour? Great bodies are in high demand so they could be used to being on a pedestal (though maybe bored of it and end up with guys that don't treat them too well) Like in the video I'm talking of a girl that's a few notches down...
I'm an odd one. I don't care about looks. If a woman's a decent sales person she can sell anything to a black guy. Just mesmerize with shiny decorations and fill the air with a tasty chicken recipe. Financial stability, personality, and cleanliness is my top priority. Oh and intellectually more mature than I am so somebody can help me with math homework and teach me how to not be so retarded. :happy:

Btw, JC I got invited to a pool party on Sunday. :idea: I may/may not forget to tie my draw strings and have a strategic wardrobe malfunction... :yahoo: