Profound pithy observations

Worldly and otherworldly topics
SomeInternetBloke
Formerly: Makes Sense

Re: Profound pithy observations

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Sun May 16, 2021 4:32 am

DJ Drug Problem wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 1:56 am
If everybody was a thermostat nobody would know what temperature it was... unless they took an average
Sorta like if the thermometer is a measurement device for our human psychological immune system then the thermostat is the simulation device that generates how to properly negotiate the high-temperature life scenarios? I dunno what's your take on it.
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

DJ Drug Problem
Formerly: DJ Fresh Produce

Post by DJ Drug Problem » Sun May 16, 2021 4:34 am

SomeInternetBloke wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 4:32 am
DJ Drug Problem wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 1:56 am
If everybody was a thermostat nobody would know what temperature it was... unless they took an average
Sorta like if the thermometer is a measurement device for our human psychological immune system then the thermostat is the simulation device that generates how to properly negotiate the high-temperature life scenarios? I dunno what's your take on it.
Jabubu

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Sun May 16, 2021 7:09 am

Jen is special.

If you want to get to know me better then watch the above documentary about orphan Kenyan turned successful businessman turned philanthropist turned superhero lol or however my friend Jen calls helping people. I don't associate with the dead. Otherwise I'm cool with anyone else alive on this journey called life. If you're unfamiliar with people who talk like they do, I urge you to watch their entirety. There's a reward in it if you do. For some of you this is redundant because you've seen it or experienced it. But for those who haven't ask yourself questions like, "how?" and whatever your brain generates is gonna be what you should try in your own life. If that doesn't work then try something else. Keep trying and never give up on life, on yourself, and on helping people who want to be helped. Okay I'm done wagging my klaxon at you lot. I'm a very unimportant person with nothing to do so I'll be here waiting for you next time lol.
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

JohnClay

Post by JohnClay » Sun May 16, 2021 9:52 pm

About "Buying Gifts to Win Her Heart" - Apparently.... The only person who appreciates your gifts is the person who is in love with you anyway, without the gifts.

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Tue May 18, 2021 10:49 am

"If you cannot inspire a woman with love of you, fill her above the brim with love of herself; all that runs over will be yours." -Charles Caleb Colton

I think this applies to both genders.

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Sat May 22, 2021 10:52 am

"I'm gonna give everyone here a piece of advice. Don't listen to what people say. Watch what the superior people do that's how you get superior..." - John Danaher: The Path to Mastery in Jiu Jitsu, Grappling, Judo, and MMA | Lex Fridman Podcast #182

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Sat May 22, 2021 10:57 pm

“There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who do not. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living.” ― José N. Harris

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Mon May 24, 2021 7:37 am

"If you truly want to understand someone’s thought process and motivations, you have to carefully compare their words and actions without bias. Look for places where the two meet in utter contradiction of one another, and that’s often where you will be able to see through the cracks and into their soul." --mbtifiction.com

"No one feels very comfortable if they think you’re aware of their motivations and inner life." -mbtifiction.com

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Sat May 29, 2021 4:11 am

"Things just seemed to go too wrong too many times in a row", is what I want to scribble on a post-it before I expire.

I probably would take a permanent vacation like since back in 7th grade, but for the over-emotional humans in my life. Oh well. :jerk:

Anyway happy joy joy. This world's huge and my crazy ass immediate family is only here. Not particularly thrilled about meeting new crazies. I think I had something with my moving to a cold climate idea. Dick Pernickey comes to mind.

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:36 pm

"The foremost reason that happiness is so hard to achieve
is that the universe was not designed
with the comfort of human beings in mind."

-Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi

"What I “discovered” was that happiness is not something that happens. It is not the result of good fortune or random chance. It is not something that money can buy or power command. It does not depend on outside events, but, rather, on how we interpret them. happiness, in fact, is a condition that must be prepared for, cultivated, and defended privately by each person. People who learn to control inner experience will be able to determine the quality of their lives, which is as close as any of us can come to being happy." (Flow, page 2, quotation from Harper Perennial edition, published in 1991).

Two quotes I couldn't thoroughly disagree with more. Not because they're wrong, but because they tend to look at the surface instead of beneath it. Not literally, but with faith. Personal opinion of course.

I got a crap ton of math to do, later everybody. Oh, and my friend Limey is alive and well. He hadn't shown up in a few days last week so I just assumed I'd need to buy a ticket ... :hi: minor overreaction. I'm certain the Queen would've thrown a fit had one of her beloved U.K. citizenry had crossed ova' in the niiiight, oh I declare!